The Economics of Information, Deep Capture, and the Obesity Debate
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Trenton G. Smith & Attila TasnÃ¡di, 2014. "The Economics of Information, Deep Capture, and the Obesity Debate," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 96(2), pages 533-541.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cawley, John & Frisvold, David & Meyerhoefer, Chad, 2013.
"The impact of physical education on obesity among elementary school children,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 743-755.
- John Cawley & David Frisvold & Chad Meyerhoefer, 2012. "The Impact of Physical Education on Obesity among Elementary School Children," NBER Working Papers 18341, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cawley, John & Frisvold, David E. & Meyerhoefer, Chad D., 2012. "The Impact of Physical Education on Obesity among Elementary School Children," IZA Discussion Papers 6807, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1979. "Optimal Search for the Best Alternative," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 641-654, May.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, March.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Andrew Stivers, 2009. "Regulating Market Language: Market Failure in Descriptive Signals," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 23-41, March.
- Trenton G. Smith, 2012. "Obesity and the Economics of Prevention: Fit Not Fat," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(3), pages 815-817.
- Smith, Trenton G. & Tasnadi, Attila, 2007.
"A theory of natural addiction,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 316-344, May.
- Trenton G. Smith & Attila Tasnádi, 2005. "A Theory of Natural Addiction," Microeconomics 0503006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Smith, Trenton G. & Tasnadi, Attila, 2005. "A Theory of Natural Addiction," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19195, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- N/A, 2009. "contributors," Politics, Philosophy & Economics, , vol. 8(2), pages 243-243, June.
- Smith, Trenton G. & Chouinard, Hayley H. & Wandschneider, Philip R., 2011.
"Waiting for the invisible hand: Novel products and the role of information in the modern market for food,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 239-249, April.
- Trenton Smith & Hayley Chouinard & Philip Wandschneider, 2009. "Waiting for the Invisible Hand: Novel Products and the Role of Information in the Modern Market for Food," Working Papers 2009-07, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- N/A, 2009. "contributors," Politics, Philosophy & Economics, , vol. 8(1), pages 131-131, February.
- Eid, Jean & Overman, Henry G. & Puga, Diego & Turner, Matthew A., 2008.
"Fat city: Questioning the relationship between urban sprawl and obesity,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 385-404, March.
- Eid, Jean & Overman, Henry G & Puga, Diego & Turner, Matthew A, 2007. "Fat City: Questioning the Relationship Between Urban Sprawl and Obesity," CEPR Discussion Papers 6191, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John Cawley & Chad Meyerhoefer & David Newhouse, 2007.
"The impact of state physical education requirements on youth physical activity and overweight,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(12), pages 1287-1301.
- John Cawley & Chad D. Meyerhoefer & David Newhouse, 2005. "The Impact of State Physical Education Requirements on Youth Physical Activity and Overweight," NBER Working Papers 11411, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roe, Brian E. & Teisl, Mario F., 1998.
"The Economics Of Labeling: An Overview Of Issues For Health And Environmental Disclosure,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 1-11, October.
- Teisl, Mario F. & Roe, Brian, 1998. "The Economics of Labeling: An Overview of Issues for Health and Environmental Disclosure," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 140-150, October.
- N/A, 2009. "contributors," Politics, Philosophy & Economics, , vol. 8(3), pages 351-352, August.
- Trenton G. Smith, 2004.
"The McDonald’s Equilibrium. Advertising, empty calories, and the endogenous determination of dietary preferences,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 23(3), pages 383-413, December.
- Smith, Trenton G, 2002. "The McDonald's Equilibrium: Advertising, Empty Calories, and the Endogenous Determination of Dietary Preferences," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt0hx9x4jr, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Chou, Shin-Yi & Grossman, Michael & Saffer, Henry, 2004.
"An economic analysis of adult obesity: results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 565-587, May.
- Shin-Yi Chou & Michael Grossman & Henry Saffer, 2002. "An Economic Analysis of Adult Obesity: Results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System," NBER Working Papers 9247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wim Verbeke, 2005. "Agriculture and the food industry in the information age," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(3), pages 347-368, September.
- Tirole, Jean, 1986. "Hierarchies and Bureaucracies: On the Role of Collusion in Organizations," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 181-214, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:feu:wfedel:y:2016:m:2:d:0:i:12 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:feu:wfedel:y:2016:m:2:d:0:i:11 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wfo:wstudy:58791 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karl Aiginger, 2016. "New Dynamics for Europe: Reaping the Benefits of Socio-ecological Transition. Synthesis Report Part I," WWWforEurope Deliverables series 11, WWWforEurope.
- Kolodinsky, Jane & Reynolds, Travis & Baker, Daniel & Watts, Richard, 2015. "Regulatory Capture and Support for and Opposition to Controversial Food System Policy Issues: An Exploratory Analysis," 143rd Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, March 25-27, 2015, Naples, Italy 202700, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:otg:wpaper:1315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Janet Bryant). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/etotanz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.