Foreign Acquisitions and Firm-Level Financial Risk
This paper examines the impact of foreign and domestic acquisitions on firm-level financial risk in Italy and Spain over the period 2002-2010. Our results indicate that foreign acquisition leads to a significant and steady reduction in financial risk. In contrast, the domestic acquisition effects are smaller and statistically less robust.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (44) 0115 951 5620
Fax: (0115) 951 4159
Web page: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/gep/index.aspx
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martynova, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2006.
"Mergers and Acquisitions in Europe,"
2006-003, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Richard Blundell & Monica Costa Dias, 2000. "Evaluation methods for non-experimental data," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 21(4), pages 427-468, January.
- Hijzen, Alexander & Martins, Pedro S. & Schank, Thorsten & Upward, Richard, 2010.
"Do Foreign-Owned Firms Provide Better Working Conditions Than Their Domestic Counterparts? A Comparative Analysis,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5259, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hijzen, Alexander & Martins, Pedro S. & Schank, Thorsten & Upward, Richard, 2013. "Foreign-owned firms around the world: A comparative analysis of wages and employment at the micro-level," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 170-188.
- Alexander Hijzen & Pedro S. Martins & Thorsten Schank & Richard Upward, . "Do foreign-owned firms provide better working conditions than their domestic counterparts? A comparative analysis," Discussion Papers 10/21, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Luigi Benfratello & Alessandro Sembenelli, 2002.
"Foreign Ownership and Productivity: is the Direction of Causality so Obvious?,"
Development Working Papers
166, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Benfratello, Luigi & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2006. "Foreign ownership and productivity: Is the direction of causality so obvious?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 733-751, July.
- Richard Harris & Catherine Robinson, 2003. "Foreign Ownership and Productivity in the United Kingdom Estimates for U.K. Manufacturing Using the ARD," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 207-223, May.
- Rita Almeida, 2004.
"The labor market effects of foreign-owned firms,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3300, The World Bank.
- Kalina Manova & Shang-Jin Wei & Zhiwei Zhang, 2011. "Firm Exports and Multinational Activity Under Credit Constraints," NBER Working Papers 16905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Carpenter & Bruce C. Petersen, 2002. "Is The Growth Of Small Firms Constrained By Internal Finance?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 298-309, May.
- repec:dgr:kubtil:2006003 is not listed on IDEAS
- Georgios Efthyvoulou & Priit Vahter, 2012. "Financial Constraints, Innovation Performance and Sectoral Disaggregation," Working Papers 2012030, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Patrick Musso & Stefano Schiavo, 2007.
"The Impact of Financial Constaints on Firm Survival and Growth,"
Documents de Travail de l'OFCE
2007-37, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Patrick Musso & Stefano Schiavo, 2008. "The impact of financial constraints on firm survival and growth," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 135-149, April.
- Patrick Musso & Stefano Schiavo, 2007. "The Impact of Financial Constraints on Firms Survival and Growth," Sciences Po publications 2007-37, Sciences Po.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:not:notgep:13/08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilary Hughes)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.