The Italian banking system: Facts and interpretations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ugo Albertazzi & Ginette Eramo & Leonardo Gambacorta & Carmelo Salleo, 2011. "Securitization is not that evil after all," BIS Working Papers 341, Bank for International Settlements.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1998.
"Stock Markets, Banks, and Economic Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 537-558, June.
- Ross Levine & Sara Zervos, "undated". "Stock markets, banks and economic growth ," CERF Discussion Paper Series 95-11, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1996. "Stock markets, banks, and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1690, The World Bank.
- Affinito, Massimiliano & Tagliaferri, Edoardo, 2010.
"Why do (or did?) banks securitize their loans? Evidence from Italy,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 189-202, December.
- Massimiliano Affinito & Edoardo Tagliaferri, 2010. "Why do (or did?) banks securitize their loans? Evidence from Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 741, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2009.
"An assessment of financial sector rescue programmes,"
Bank for International Settlements, number 48, December.
- Fabio Panetta & Thomas Faeh & Giuseppe Grande & Corrinne Ho & Michael King & Aviram Levy & Federico M. Signoretti & Marco Taboga & Andrea Zaghini, 2009. "An assessment of financial sector rescue programmes," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 47, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Hamid Mehran & Alan Morrison & Joel Shapiro, 2011. "Corporate governance and banks: what have we learned from the financial crisis?," Staff Reports 502, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Andrea F. Presbitero & Alberto Zazzaro, 2009. "Banks, Distances and Firms' Financing Constraints," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 13(2), pages 261-307.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30728041 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marcello Bofondi & Giorgio Gobbi, 2006. "Informational Barriers to Entry into Credit Markets," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 10(1), pages 39-67.
- Riccardo De Bonis & Annalisa Ferrando, 2000. "The Italian Banking Structure in the 1990s: Testing the Multimarket Contact Hypothesis," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 29(2), pages 215-241, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brunetti, M. & Ciciretti, R. & Djordjevic, Lj., 2016.
"The determinants of household’s bank switching,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 175-189.
- Marianna Brunetti & Rocco Ciciretti & Ljubica Djordjevic, 2014. "The Determinants of Household's Bank Switching," CEIS Research Paper 322, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 11 Nov 2015.
- Marianna Brunetti & Rocco Ciciretti & Ljubica Djordjevic, 2015. "The Determinants of Household's Bank Switching," Working Paper series 15-24, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Francesco Marchionne & Alberto Zazzaro, 2018. "Risk and competitiveness in the Italian banking sector," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 147, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Alexandra D'Onofrio & Pierluigi Murro, 2013.
"Local banking development and income distribution across Italian provinces,"
Working Papers CASMEF
1307, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Alexandra D'Onofrio & Raoul Minetti & Pierluigi Murro, 2016. "Banking development, economic structure and income inequality," CERBE Working Papers wpC08, CERBE Center for Relationship Banking and Economics.
- Francesco Marchionne & Alberto Zazzaro, 2013. "Rischio e concorrenza nel sistema bancario italiano durante la crisi finanziaria globale," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 86, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Djordjevic, Ljubica, 2015. "Essays in household finance," Other publications TiSEM ad3edc86-915e-4ce8-ba38-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Albertazzi, Ugo & Ropele, Tiziano & Sene, Gabriele & Signoretti, Federico Maria, 2014.
"The impact of the sovereign debt crisis on the activity of Italian banks,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 387-402.
- Ugo Albertazzi & Tiziano Ropele & Gabriele Sene & Federico M. Signoretti, 2012. "The impact of the sovereign debt crisis on the activity of Italian banks," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 133, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bamiatzi, Vassiliki & Efthyvoulou, Georgios & Jabbour, Liza, 2017.
"Foreign vs domestic ownership on debt reduction: An investigation of acquisition targets in Italy and Spain,"
International Business Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 801-815.
- Georgios Efthyvoulou & Liza Jabbour, 2013. "Foreign Acquisitions and Firm-Level Financial Risk," Discussion Papers 2013-08, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Vassiliki Bamiatzi & Georgios Efthyvoulou & Liza Jabbour, 2016. "Foreign vs Domestic Acquisitions on Financial Risk Reduction," Working Papers 2016003, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00552 is not listed on IDEAS
- International Monetary Fund, 2013. "Italy; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 13/299, International Monetary Fund.
- Michal Jurek, 2014. "Role and impact of different types of financial institutions on economic performance and stability of the real sector in selected EU member states," Working papers wpaper36, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Bulbarelli, Miriam, 2016. "The housing finance system in Italy and Spain: Why did a housing bubble develop in Spain - and not in Italy?," PIPE - Papers on International Political Economy 26/2016, Free University Berlin, Center for International Political Economy.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking; Financial systems; Italy;
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mol:ecsdps:esdp12068. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Lupi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dsmolit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.