Securitization is not that evil after all
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Affinito, Massimiliano & Tagliaferri, Edoardo, 2010.
"Why do (or did?) banks securitize their loans? Evidence from Italy,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 189-202, December.
- Massimiliano Affinito & Edoardo Tagliaferri, 2010. "Why do (or did?) banks securitize their loans? Evidence from Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 741, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Gande, Amar, et al, 1997. "Bank Underwriting of Debt Securities: Modern Evidence," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(4), pages 1175-1202.
- Alberto F. Alesina & Francesca Lotti & Paolo Emilio Mistrulli, 2013. "Do Women Pay More For Credit? Evidence From Italy," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 11, pages 45-66, January.
- Focarelli, Dario & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco & Casolaro, Luca, 2008. "The pricing effect of certification on syndicated loans," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 335-349, March.
- Gorton, Gary B. & Pennacchi, George G., 1995.
"Banks and loan sales Marketing nonmarketable assets,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 389-411, June.
- Gary Gorton & George Pennacchi, 1990. "Banks and Loan Sales: Marketing Non-Marketable Assets," NBER Working Papers 3551, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin J. Keys & Tanmoy Mukherjee & Amit Seru & Vikrant Vig, 2010. "Did Securitization Lead to Lax Screening? Evidence from Subprime Loans," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(1), pages 307-362.
- John Krainer & Elizabeth Laderman, 2009. "Mortgage loan securitization and relative loan performance," Working Paper Series 2009-22, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Kroszner, Randall S & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. "Is the Glass-Steagall Act Justified? A Study of the U.S. Experience with Universal Banking before 1933," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 810-832, September.
- Keys, Benjamin J. & Mukherjee, Tanmoy & Seru, Amit & Vig, Vikrant, 2009. "Financial regulation and securitization: Evidence from subprime loans," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(5), pages 700-720, July.
- W. Scott Frame & Lawrence J. White, 2005.
"Fussing and Fuming over Fannie and Freddie: How Much Smoke, How Much Fire?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 19(2), pages 159-184, Spring.
- W. Scott Frame & Lawrence J. White, 2004. "Fussing and fuming over Fannie and Freddie: how much smoke, how much fire?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Lawrence White & W. Scott Frame, 2004. "Fussing and Fuming over Fannie and Freddie: How Much Smoke, How Much Fire?," Working Papers 04-27, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Chiesa, Gabriella, 2008.
"Optimal credit risk transfer, monitored finance, and banks,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 464-477, October.
- Gabriella Chiesa, 2008. "Optimal Credit Risk Transfer, Monitored Finance, and Banks," EIEF Working Papers Series 0811, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Sep 2008.
- Gary B. Gorton & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2007.
"Special Purpose Vehicles and Securitization,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 549-602
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2005. "Special purpose vehicles and securitization," Working Papers 05-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Gary Gorton & Nicholas Souleles, 2005. "Special Purpose Vehicles and Securitization," NBER Working Papers 11190, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Allen N. Berger & Marco A. Espinosa-Vega & W. Scott Frame & Nathan H. Miller, 2005.
"Debt Maturity, Risk, and Asymmetric Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2895-2923, December.
- Allen N. Berger & Marco A. Espinosa-Vega & W. Scott Frame & Nathan H. Miller, 2004. "Debt maturity, risk, and asymmetric information," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-60, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Marco A. Espinosa-Vega & W. Scott Frame & Nathan H. Miller, 2004. "Debt maturity, risk, and asymmetric information," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-32, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Marco A Espinosa-Vega & Allen N. Berger & Nathan H. Miller & W. Scott Frame, 2005. "Debt Maturity, Risk, and Asymmetric Information," IMF Working Papers 05/201, International Monetary Fund.
- Luca Casolaro & Leonardo Gambacorta & Luigi Guiso, 2005. "Regulation, formal and informal enforcement and the development of the household loan market. Lessons from Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 560, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- V.V. Chari & Ali Shourideh & Ariel Zetlin-Jones, 2010. "Adverse Selection, Reputation and Sudden Collapses in Secondary Loan Markets," NBER Working Papers 16080, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giovanni Dell’Ariccia & Deniz Igan & Luc Laeven, 2012.
"Credit Booms and Lending Standards: Evidence from the Subprime Mortgage Market,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 44, pages 367-384, March.
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Luc Laeven & Deniz O Igan, 2008. "Credit Booms and Lending Standards; Evidence From the Subprime Mortgage Market," IMF Working Papers 08/106, International Monetary Fund.
- Dell’Ariccia, G. & Igan, D. & Laeven, L., 2009. "Credit Booms and Lending Standards : Evidence from the Subprime Mortgage Market," Discussion Paper 2009-46 S, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- DellAriccia, Giovanni & Igan, Deniz & Laeven, Luc, 2008. "Credit Booms and Lending Standards: Evidence From The Subprime Mortgage Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 6683, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Benmelech, Efraim & Dlugosz, Jennifer & Ivashina, Victoria, 2012.
"Securitization without adverse selection: The case of CLOs,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 91-113.
- Efraim Benmelech & Jennifer Dlugosz & Victoria Ivashina, 2011. "Securitization without Adverse Selection: The Case of CLOs," NBER Working Papers 16766, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven Drucker & Manju Puri, 2009. "On Loan Sales, Loan Contracting, and Lending Relationships," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(7), pages 2635-2672, July.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2009. "Global Imbalances and Financial Fragility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 584-588, May.
- Ingo Fender & Janet Mitchell, 2009. "The future of securitisation: how to align incentives," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Brosio, Giorgio & Cassone, Alberto & Ricciuti, Roberto, 2002. "Tax Evasion across Italy: Rational Noncompliance or Inadequate Civic Concern?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 112(3-4), pages 259-273, September.
- Athreya, Kartik B., 2008. "Default, insurance, and debt over the life-cycle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 752-774, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Blaise Gadanecz & Alper Kara & Philip Molyneux, 2011. "The value of repeat lending," BIS Working Papers 350, Bank for International Settlements.
- Claudia Gabriela Baicu & Olimpia State, 2012. "Banking Models Under the Impact of the Post-Crisis Organizational Changes Apt to Confer Sustainable Financial Stability - Romanian Experience," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(32), pages 436-450, June.
- Duran, Miguel A. & Lozano-Vivas, Ana, 2013. "Off-balance-sheet activity under adverse selection: The European experience," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 176-190.
- repec:bis:bisifc:46-23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarkisyan, Anna & Casu, Barbara, 2013. "Retained interests in securitisations and implications for bank solvency," Working Paper Series 1538, European Central Bank.
- Michal Jurek & Pawel Marszalek, 2014. "Subprime mortgages and the MBSs in generating and transmitting the global financial crisis," Working papers wpaper40, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2013. "Securitization," Handbook of the Economics of Finance, Elsevier.
- Yener Altunbas & Michiel van Leuvensteijn & David Marques-Ibanez, 2013. "Competition And Bank Risk: The Role Of Securitization And Bank Capital," Working Papers 13005, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Branimir Gruic & Paul Van den Bergh, 2012. "Statistics on securities issuance and holdings," IFC Bulletins chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the workshop "Data requirements for monitoring derivative transactions", organised by the People's Bank of China and the Irving Fisher , volume 35, pages 89-101 Bank for International Settlements.
- De Bonis, Riccardo & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco & Stacchini, Massimiliano, 2012. "The Italian banking system: Facts and interpretations," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp12068, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Altunbas, Yener & van Leuvensteijn, Michiel & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2014. "Competition and bank risk: the effect of securitization and bank capital," Working Paper Series 1678, European Central Bank.
- Giorgio Albareto & Roberto Felici & Enrico Sette, 2016. "Does credit scoring improve the selection of borrowers and credit quality?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1090, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
More about this item
Keywordssecuritization; asymmetric information; signaling; reputation;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:biswps:341. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.