Competition and bank risk: the effect of securitization and bank capital
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Allen N. & Bouwman, Christa H.S., 2013. "How does capital affect bank performance during financial crises?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 146-176.
- Manganelli, Simone & Altunbas, Yener & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2011.
"Bank risk during the financial crisis: do business models matter?,"
Working Paper Series
1394, European Central Bank.
- Yener Altunbas & Simone Manganelli & David Marques-Ibanez, 2012. "Bank Risk during the Financial Crisis: Do business models matter?," Working Papers 12003, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Ugo Albertazzi & Ginette Eramo & Leonardo Gambacorta & Carmelo Salleo, 2011. "Securitization is not that evil after all," BIS Working Papers 341, Bank for International Settlements.
- Allen, Franklin & Gale, Douglas, 2004. "Competition and Financial Stability," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 453-480, June.
- Jan Boone, 2008.
"A New Way to Measure Competition,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(531), pages 1245-1261, August.
- Boone, J., 2004. "A New Way to Measure Competition," Discussion Paper 2004-004, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Boone, J., 2004. "A New Way to Measure Competition," Discussion Paper 2004-31, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Boone, Jan, 2004. "A New Way to Measure Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 4330, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Benmelech, Efraim & Dlugosz, Jennifer & Ivashina, Victoria, 2012.
"Securitization without adverse selection: The case of CLOs,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 91-113.
- Efraim Benmelech & Jennifer Dlugosz & Victoria Ivashina, 2011. "Securitization without Adverse Selection: The Case of CLOs," NBER Working Papers 16766, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen, Franklin, 1990. "The market for information and the origin of financial intermediation," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-30, March.
- John H. Boyd & Gianni De Nicoló, 2005. "The Theory of Bank Risk Taking and Competition Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1329-1343, June.
- Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C., 2003. "Interaction terms in logit and probit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 123-129, July.
- Ahn, Jung-Hyun & Breton, Régis, 2014. "Securitization, competition and monitoring," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 195-210.
- Allen Berger & Robert DeYoung & Mark Flannery & David Lee & Özde Öztekin, 2008.
"How Do Large Banking Organizations Manage Their Capital Ratios?,"
Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 34(2), pages 123-149, December.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung & Mark J. Flannery & David Lee & Ozde Oztekin, 2008. "How do large banking organizations manage their capital ratio?," Research Working Paper RWP 08-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- De Bonis, Riccardo & Marinelli, Giuseppe & Vercelli, Francesco, 2018. "Playing yo-yo with bank competition: New evidence from 1890 to 2014," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 134-151.
- Joseph Olorunfemi Akande & Farai Kwenda, 2017. "Competition and Stability of Sub-Saharan African Commercial Banks; a GMM Analysis," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 13(2), pages 122-138, April.
- Gerti Shijaku, 2017. "How Does Competition Affect Bank Stability After the Global Crises in the Case of the Albanian Banking System?," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 15(2), pages 175-208.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yener Altunbas & Michiel van Leuvensteijn & David Marques-Ibanez, 2013.
"Competition And Bank Risk: The Role Of Securitization And Bank Capital,"
13005, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Yener Altunbas & David Marques‐Ibanez & Michiel van Leuvensteijn & Tianshu Zhao, 2019. "Competition and Bank Risk the Role of Securitization and Bank Capital," IMF Working Papers 2019/140, International Monetary Fund.
- Iñaki Aldasoro & Leonardo Gambacorta & Paolo Giudici & Thomas Leach, 2020.
"Operational and cyber risks in the financial sector,"
BIS Working Papers
840, Bank for International Settlements.
- Aldasoro, Inaki & Gambacorta, Leonardo & giudici, paolo & Leach, Thomas, 2020. "Operational and cyber risks in the financial sector," CEPR Discussion Papers 14418, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- González, Luis Otero & Razia, Alaa & Búa, Milagros Vivel & Sestayo, Rubén Lado, 2017. "Competition, concentration and risk taking in Banking sector of MENA countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 591-604.
- Sascha Tobias Wengerek & Benjamin Hippert & André Uhde, 2019. "Risk allocation through securitization - Evidence from non-performing loans," Working Papers Dissertations 58, Paderborn University, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics.
- Bolt, Wilko & Humphrey, David, 2015. "A frontier measure of U.S. banking competition," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 246(2), pages 450-461.
- Koetter, Michael & Poghosyan, Tigran, 2009. "The identification of technology regimes in banking: Implications for the market power-fragility nexus," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1413-1422, August.
- Craig, Ben R. & Dinger, Valeriya, 2013.
"Deposit market competition, wholesale funding, and bank risk,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3605-3622.
- Craig, B.R. & Dinger, V., 2010. "Deposit Market Competition, Wholesale Funding, and Bank Risk," Discussion Paper 2010-65S, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Košak, Marko & Li, Shaofang & Lončarski, Igor & Marinč, Matej, 2015. "Quality of bank capital and bank lending behavior during the global financial crisis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 168-183.
- Anna Kruglova & Yulia Ushakova, 2017. "Effect of Banking Sector Resolution on Competition and Stability," Bank of Russia Working Paper Series wps22, Bank of Russia.
- Noman, Abu Hanifa Md. & Gee, Chan Sok & Isa, Che Ruhana, 2018. "Does bank regulation matter on the relationship between competition and financial stability? Evidence from Southeast Asian countries," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 144-161.
- Chen, Zhizhen & Liu, Frank Hong & Opong, Kwaku & Zhou, Mingming, 2017. "Short-term safety or long-term failure? Empirical evidence of the impact of securitization on bank risk," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 48-74.
- Altunbas, Yener & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Marques-Ibanez, David, 2012.
"Do bank characteristics influence the effect of monetary policy on bank risk?,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 220-222.
- Gambacorta, Leonardo & Altunbas, Yener & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2012. "Do bank characteristics influence the effect of monetary policy on bank risk?," Working Paper Series 1427, European Central Bank.
- Diana Zigraiova & Tomas Havranek, 2016.
"Bank Competition And Financial Stability: Much Ado About Nothing?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(5), pages 944-981, December.
- Tomas Havranek & Diana Zigraiova, 2015. "Bank Competition and Financial Stability: Much Ado About Nothing?," Working Papers IES 2015/07, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2015.
- Diana Zigraiova & Tomas Havranek, 2015. "Bank Competition and Financial Stability: Much Ado About Nothing?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1087, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Tomas Havranek & Diana Zigraiova, 2015. "Bank Competition and Financial Stability: Much Ado about Nothing?," Working Papers 2015/02, Czech National Bank.
- Barbara Casu & Claudia Girardone & Philip Molyneux, 2012. "Is There a Conflict between Competition and Financial Stability?," Chapters, in: James R. Barth & Chen Lin & Clas Wihlborg (ed.), Research Handbook on International Banking and Governance, chapter 3, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Fazio, Dimas M. & Cajueiro, Daniel O., 2012.
"The relationship between banking market competition and risk-taking: Do size and capitalization matter?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3366-3381.
- Benjamin M. Tabak & Dimas M. Fazio & Daniel O. Cajueiro, 2011. "The Relationship Between Banking Market Competition and Risk-taking: Do Size and Capitalization Matter?," Working Papers Series 261, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Pierpaolo GIANNOCCOLO & José Manuel MANSILLA-FERNÁNDEZ, 2017. "Bank Restructuring, Competition, and Lending Supply: Evidence from the Spanish Banking Sector," Departmental Working Papers 2017-16, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Habib Hussain Khan & Rubi Binit Ahmad & Chan Sok Gee, 2016. "Market Structure, Financial Dependence and Industrial Growth: Evidence from the Banking Industry in Emerging Asian Economies," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(8), pages 1-24, August.
- Badarau, Cristina & Lapteacru, Ion, 2020. "Bank risk, competition and bank connectedness with firms: A literature review," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
- Abdul Latif Alhassan & Nicholas Biekpe, 2018. "Competition and Risk-Taking Behaviour in the Non-Life Insurance Market in South Africa," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 43(3), pages 492-519, July.
- Elahi, M.A., 2011. "Essays on financial fragility," Other publications TiSEM 882f55bb-10dc-4e49-95ef-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
More about this item
Keywordsbank risk; competition; securitisation;
All these keywords.
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbwps:20141678. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.