Mortgage loan securitization and relative loan performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- G. Dionne & T. M. Harchaoui, 2002. "Banks’ Capital, Securitization and Credit Risk : An Empirical Evidence for Canada," THEMA Working Papers 2002-33, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Mark Carey, 1998. "Credit Risk in Private Debt Portfolios," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(4), pages 1363-1387, August.
- Benjamin J. Keys & Tanmoy Mukherjee & Amit Seru & Vikrant Vig, 2010. "Did Securitization Lead to Lax Screening? Evidence from Subprime Loans," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(1), pages 307-362.
- Brent Ambrose & Michael LaCour-Little & Anthony Sanders, 2005. "Does Regulatory Capital Arbitrage, Reputation, or Asymmetric Information Drive Securitization?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 28(1), pages 113-133, October.
- Ashcraft, Adam B. & Schuermann, Til, 2008.
"Understanding the Securitization of Subprime Mortgage Credit,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 2(3), pages 191-309, June.
- Adam B. Ashcraft & Til Schuermann, 2008. "Understanding the securitization of subprime mortgage credit," Staff Reports 318, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Barbara Casu & Andrew Clare & Anna Sarkisyan & Stephen Thomas, 2013. "Securitization and Bank Performance," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(8), pages 1617-1658, December.
- John Krainer & Elizabeth Laderman, 2014. "Mortgage Loan Securitization and Relative Loan Performance," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 39-66, February.
- Affinito, Massimiliano & Tagliaferri, Edoardo, 2010.
"Why do (or did?) banks securitize their loans? Evidence from Italy,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 189-202, December.
- Massimiliano Affinito & Edoardo Tagliaferri, 2010. "Why do (or did?) banks securitize their loans? Evidence from Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 741, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Adelino, Manuel & Scott Frame, W. & Gerardi, Kristopher, 2017.
"The effect of large investors on asset quality: Evidence from subprime mortgage securities,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 34-51.
- Manuel Adelino & W. Scott Frame & Kristopher S. Gerardi, 2014. "The Effect of Large Investors on Asset Quality: Evidence from Subprime Mortgage Securities," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2014-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Giampaolo Gabbi & Alesia Kalbaska & Alessandro Vercelli, 2014. "Factors generating and transmitting the financial crisis: The role of incentives: securitization and contagion," Working papers wpaper56, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Vivian Íris Barcelos & Helder Ferreira De Mendonça, 2016. "Securitization And Credit Risk In The Brazilian Economy," Anais do XLII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 42nd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 115, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- de Mendonça, Helder Ferreira & Barcelos, Vívian Íris, 2015. "Securitization and credit risk: Empirical evidence from an emerging economy," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 12-28.
- M. Lopreite, 2012. "Securitization and monetary transmission mechanism: evidence from italy (1999-2009)," Economics Department Working Papers 2012-EP04, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Calem, Paul & Henderson, Christopher & Liles, Jonathan, 2011. ""Cherry picking" in subprime mortgage securitizations: Which subprime mortgage loans were sold by depository institutions prior to the crisis of 2007?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 120-140, June.
- Carbó-Valverde, Santiago & Marques-Ibanez, David & Rodríguez-Fernández, Francisco, 2012. "Securitization, risk-transferring and financial instability: The case of Spain," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 80-101.
- Pagès, Henri, 2013. "Bank monitoring incentives and optimal ABS," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 30-54.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2013. "Securitization," Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.),Handbook of the Economics of Finance, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 1-70, Elsevier.
- Agarwal, Sumit & Chang, Yan & Yavas, Abdullah, 2012. "Adverse selection in mortgage securitization," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(3), pages 640-660.
- Zagonov, Maxim, 2011. "Securitization and bank intermediation function," MPRA Paper 34961, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2011.
- Gerard Caprio & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Edward J. Kane, 2010.
"The 2007 Meltdown in Structured Securitization: Searching for Lessons, not Scapegoats,"
World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 25(1), pages 125-155, February.
- Gerard Caprio & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Edward Kane, 2008. "The 2007 Meltdown in Structured Securitization: Searching for Lessons not Scapegoats," Department of Economics Working Papers 2008-08, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Caprio, Gerard, Jr. & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Kane, Edward J., 2008. "The 2007 meltdown in structured securitization : searching for lessons, not scapegoats," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4756, The World Bank.
- Gerard Caprio & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Edward Kane, 2008. "The 2007 Meltdown in Structured Securitization: Searching for Lessons not Scapegoats," Center for Development Economics 2008-03, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Ahn, Jung-Hyun & Breton, Régis, 2014. "Securitization, competition and monitoring," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 195-210.
- Ongena, Steven & Kara, Alper & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2011.
"Securitization and lending standards: evidence from the wholesale loan market,"
Working Paper Series
1362, European Central Bank.
- Kara, A. & Marques-Ibanez, D. & Ongena, S., 2011. "Securitization and Lending Standards : Evidence from the Wholesale Loan Market," Other publications TiSEM ebfb7c18-fcea-4bc4-9ff1-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Kara, A. & Marques-Ibanez, D. & Ongena, S., 2011. "Securitization and Lending Standards : Evidence from the Wholesale Loan Market," Discussion Paper 2011-081, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kara, A. & Marques-Ibanez, D. & Ongena, S., 2011. "Securitization and Lending Standards : Evidence from the Wholesale Loan Market," Other publications TiSEM d82c3ad1-2bb3-4108-80cd-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- W. Scott Frame, 2018.
"Agency Conflicts In Residential Mortgage Securitization: What Does The Empirical Literature Tell Us?,"
Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 41(2), pages 237-251, June.
- W. Scott Frame, 2017. "Agency Conflicts in Residential Mortgage Securitization: What Does the Empirical Literature Tell Us?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2017-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Craig B. Merrill & Taylor D. Nadauld & Philip E. Strahan, 2019. "Final Demand for Structured Finance Securities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 65(1), pages 390-412, January.
- Hartman-Glaser, Barney & Piskorski, Tomasz & Tchistyi, Alexei, 2012. "Optimal securitization with moral hazard," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 186-202.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedfwp:2009-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbsfus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.