Securitization by Banks and Finance Companies: Efficient Financial Contracting or Regulatory Arbitrage?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gunter Franke & Jan Pieter Krahnen, 2007.
"Default Risk Sharing between Banks and Markets: The Contribution of Collateralized Debt Obligations,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 603-634,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Franke, Günter & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 2005. "Default risk sharing between banks and markets: The contribution of collateralized debt obligations," CFS Working Paper Series 2005/06, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Guenter Franke & Jan Pieter Krahnen, 2005. "Default Risk Sharing Between Banks and Markets: The Contribution of Collateralized Debt Obligations," NBER Working Papers 11741, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Franke, Günter & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 2005. "Default risk sharing between banks and markets: The contribution of collateralized debt obligations," CoFE Discussion Papers 05/04, University of Konstanz, Center of Finance and Econometrics (CoFE).
- Gary B. Gorton & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2007.
"Special Purpose Vehicles and Securitization,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 549-602,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Nicholas Souleles, 2005. "Special Purpose Vehicles and Securitization," NBER Working Papers 11190, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2005. "Special purpose vehicles and securitization," Working Papers 05-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 2005.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Berry Wilson, 2004.
"Bank Capital and Portfolio Management: The 1930s "Capital Crunch" and the Scramble to Shed Risk,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(3), pages 421-456, July.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Berry Wilson, 1996. "Bank capital and portfolio management: the 1930s capital crunch and scramble to shed risk," Proceedings 521, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Charles W. Calormiris & Berry Wilson, 1998. "Bank Capital and Portfolio Management: The 1930's Capital Crunch and Scramble to Shed Risk," NBER Working Papers 6649, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fredric S. Mishkin & Philip E. Strahan, 1999. "What Will Technology Do to Financial Structure?," NBER Working Papers 6892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Carlos D. Ramirez, 1996. "The Role Of Financial Relationships In The History Of American Corporate Finance," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 9(2), pages 52-73, June.
- Gorton, Gary B. & Pennacchi, George G., 1995.
"Banks and loan sales Marketing nonmarketable assets,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 389-411, June.
- Gary Gorton & George Pennacchi, 1990. "Banks and Loan Sales: Marketing Non-Marketable Assets," NBER Working Papers 3551, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1989. "Reputation Acquisition in Debt Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 828-862, August.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Greenbaum, Stuart I & Thakor, Anjan V, 1993. "Reputation and Discretion in Financial Contracting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1165-1183, December.
- Higgins, Eric J. & Mason, Joseph R., 2004. "What is the value of recourse to asset-backed securities? A clinical study of credit card banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 875-899, April.
- Brent Ambrose & Michael LaCour-Little & Anthony Sanders, 2005. "Does Regulatory Capital Arbitrage, Reputation, or Asymmetric Information Drive Securitization?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 28(1), pages 113-133, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cardone-Riportella, Clara & Samaniego-Medina, Reyes & Trujillo-Ponce, Antonio, 2010. "What drives bank securitisation? The Spanish experience," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2639-2651, November.
- Milcheva, Stanimira & Falkenbach, Heidi & Markmann, Holger, 2019. "Bank liquidity management through the issuance of bonds in the aftermath of the global financial crisis," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 32-47.
- Jenny Gu & Rodrigo J. Hernandez & Pu Liu & Yingying Shao, 2017. "Mortgage loan securitization and personal consumption smoothening," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 41(1), pages 100-115, January.
- Babu Baradwaj & Michaël Dewally & Yingying Shao, 2015. "Does Securitization Support Entrepreneurial Activity?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Roman Inderst & Marco Ottaviani, 2009. "Misselling through Agents," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 883-908, June.
- Affinito, Massimiliano & Tagliaferri, Edoardo, 2010.
"Why do (or did?) banks securitize their loans? Evidence from Italy,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 189-202, December.
- Massimiliano Affinito & Edoardo Tagliaferri, 2010. "Why do (or did?) banks securitize their loans? Evidence from Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 741, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Samuel H. Cox & Yijia Lin & Shaun Wang, 2006. "Multivariate Exponential Tilting and Pricing Implications for Mortality Securitization," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(4), pages 719-736, December.
- Zhang, Jinqing & Yin, Yiwen & Zhang, Linlin, 2019. "Determinants of loan securitization in Chinese banking: Cost-benefit-based analysis," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 57(C).
- Lin, Yijia & Cox, Samuel H., 2008. "Securitization of catastrophe mortality risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 628-637, April.
- Bonnie G. Buchanan, 2016. "Securitization: A Financing Vehicle for All Seasons?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(3), pages 559-577, October.
- Buchanan, Bonnie G., 2016. "Securitization: a financing vehicle for all seasons?," Research Discussion Papers 31/2016, Bank of Finland.
- Beccalli, Elena & Boitani, Andrea & Di Giuliantonio, Sonia, 2015. "Leverage pro-cyclicality and securitization in US banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 200-230.
- Georges Dionne & Sara Malekan, 2017.
"Optimal Form of Retention for Securitized Loans under Moral Hazard,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(4), pages 1-13, October.
- Dionne, Georges & Malekan, Sara, 2015. "Optimal form of retention for securitized loans under moral hazard," Working Papers 15-4, HEC Montreal, Canada Research Chair in Risk Management.
- Giampaolo Gabbi & Elisa Ticci, 2014. "Implications of financialisation for sustainability," Working papers wpaper47, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Farruggio, Christian & Uhde, André, 2015. "Determinants of loan securitization in European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 12-27.
- Hänsel, Dennis N. & Bannier, Christina E., 2008. "Determinants of European banks' engagement in loan securitization," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2008,10, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Deku, Solomon Y. & Kara, Alper & Zhou, Yifan, 2019. "Securitization, bank behaviour and financial stability: A systematic review of the recent empirical literature," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 245-254.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:ohidic:2004-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdohsus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.