The future of securitisation: how to align incentives
This article reviews the recent collapse of global securitisation markets and the loss of investor confidence in them. It then sets out measures that could be taken to revive and strengthen the securitisation process, including mechanisms based on retention requirements for originators. It ends with a number of simple implications for policymakers and market practitioners.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Centralbahnplatz 2, CH - 4002 Basel|
Phone: (41) 61 - 280 80 80
Fax: (41) 61 - 280 91 00
Web page: http://www.bis.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul S. Mills & John Kiff, 2007. "Money for Nothing and Checks for Free; Recent Developments in U.S. Subprime Mortgage Markets," IMF Working Papers 07/188, International Monetary Fund.
- Franke, Günter & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 2008. "The future of securitization," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/31, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Ingo Fender & Janet Mitchell, 2005.
"Structured finance: complexity, risk and the use of ratings,"
BIS Quarterly Review,
Bank for International Settlements, June.
- Ingo Fender & Janet Mitchell, 2005. "Structured finance : complexity, risk and the use of ratings," Financial Stability Review, National Bank of Belgium, vol. 3(1), pages 127-135, June.
- Ingo Fender & Nikola Tarashev & Haibin Zhu, 2008. "Credit fundamentals, ratings and value-at-risk: CDOs versus corporate exposures," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Peter M. DeMarzo, 2005. "The Pooling and Tranching of Securities: A Model of Informed Intermediation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(1), pages 1-35.
- Innes, Robert D., 1990. "Limited liability and incentive contracting with ex-ante action choices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 45-67, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)