The Rational Locator Reexamined
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lothlorien Redmond & Patricia Mokhtarian, 2001.
"The positive utility of the commute: modeling ideal commute time and relative desired commute amount,"
Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 179-205, May.
- Redmond, Lothlorien S. & Mokhtarian, Patricia L., 2001. "The Positive Utility of the Commute: Modeling Ideal Commute Time and Relative Desired Commute Amount," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt4mc291p2, University of California Transportation Center.
- Mokhtarian, Patricia L. & Chen, Cynthia, 2004. "TTB or not TTB, that is the question: a review and analysis of the empirical literature on travel time (and money) budgets," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 38(9-10), pages 643-675.
- David Levinson & Seshasai Kanchi, 2002. "Road Capacity and the Allocation of Time," Working Papers 200203, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Jos van Ommeren, 1998. "On-the-Job Search Behavior: The Importance of Commuting Time," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(4), pages 526-540.
- Robert Noland & William Cowart, 2000. "Analysis of Metropolitan Highway Capacity and the growth in vehicle miles of travel," Transportation, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 363-390, December.
- Jan Rouwendal & Piet Rietveld, 1994. "Changes in Commuting Distances of Dutch Households," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 31(9), pages 1545-1557, November.
- Mackie, P.J. & Jara-Díaz, S. & Fowkes, A.S., 0. "The value of travel time savings in evaluation," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 91-106, April.
- David M. Levinson, 1997. "Job and housing tenure and the journey to work," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 31(4), pages 451-471.
- Rouwendal, Jan, 1999. "Spatial job search and commuting distances," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 491-517, July.
- Hansen, Mark & Huang, Yuanlin, 1997. "Road supply and traffic in California urban areas," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 205-218, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rafael Henrique Moraes Pereira & Tim Schwanen, 2013.
"Commute Time in Brazil (1992-2009): Differences Between Metropolitan Areas, by Income Levels and Gender,"
1813a, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Rafael Henrique Moraes Pereira & Tim Schwanen, 2015. "Commute Time in Brazil (1992-2009): Differences Between Metropolitan Areas, By Income Levels And Gender," Discussion Papers 0192, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Amlan Banerjee & Xin Ye & Ram Pendyala, 2007. "Understanding Travel Time Expenditures Around the World: Exploring the Notion of a Travel Time Frontier," Transportation, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 51-65, January.
- Martin P. Brosnan & David Levinson, 2014. "Accessibility and the Allocation of Time: Changes in Travel Behavior 1990-2010," Working Papers 000120, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Joly, I., 2011. "Test of the relation between travel and activities times : different representations of a demand derived from activity participation," Working Papers 201103, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
More about this item
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nex:wpaper:rationallocatorreexamined. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Levinson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nexmnus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.