Skill-biased Technological Change, Earnings of Unskilled Workers, and Crime
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Raphael, Steven & Winter-Ember, Rudolf, 2001.
"Identifying the Effect of Unemployment on Crime,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 259-283, April.
- Raphael, Steven & WINTER-EBMER, RUDOLF, 1998. "Identifying the Effect of Unemployment on Crime," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt5hb4h56g, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Raphael, Steven & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 1999. "Identifying the Effect of Unemployment on Crime," CEPR Discussion Papers 2129, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John Ermisch & Robert Wright, 1994. "Interpretation of negative sample selection effects in wage offer equations," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(11), pages 187-189.
- Unel, Bulent, 2010. "Analyzing skilled and unskilled labor efficiencies in the US," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 957-967, December.
- Antonio Ciccone & Giovanni Peri, 2005.
"Long-Run Substitutability Between More and Less Educated Workers: Evidence from U.S. States, 1950-1990,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(4), pages 652-663, November.
- Antonio Ciccone & Giovanni Peri, 2004. "Long-run substitutability between more and less educated workers: Evidence from U.S. States 1950-1990," Economics Working Papers 764, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Steinberg, Dan, 1989. "Induced work participation and the returns to experience for welfare women : Evidence from a social experiment," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 321-340, July.
- Eric D. Gould & Bruce A. Weinberg & David B. Mustard, 2002. "Crime Rates And Local Labor Market Opportunities In The United States: 1979-1997," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 45-61, February.
- Jaeger, David A, 1997. "Reconciling the Old and New Census Bureau Education Questions: Recommendations for Researchers," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(3), pages 300-309, July.
- Jenny Williams & Robin C. Sickles, 2002. "An Analysis of the Crime as Work Model: Evidence from the 1958 Philadelphia Birth Cohort Study," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 37(3), pages 479-509.
- H. Naci Mocan & Hope Corman, 2000. "A Time-Series Analysis of Crime, Deterrence, and Drug Abuse in New York City," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 584-604, June.
- Ming-Jen Lin, 2008. "Does Unemployment Increase Crime?: Evidence from U.S. Data 1974–2000," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 43(2), pages 413-436.
- Wright, Robert E & Ermisch, John F, 1991.
"Gender Discrimination in the British Labour Market: A Reassessment,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(406), pages 508-522, May.
- Ermisch, John F & Wright, Robert E, 1988. "Gender Discrimination in the British Labour Market: A Reassessment," CEPR Discussion Papers 278, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Caselli & Wilbur John Coleman II, 2006. "The World Technology Frontier," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(3), pages 499-522, June.
- David S. Lee, 1999. "Wage Inequality in the United States During the 1980s: Rising Dispersion or Falling Minimum Wage?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 977-1023.
- Ehrlich, Isaac, 1973. "Participation in Illegitimate Activities: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 521-565, May-June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephen Machin & Olivier Marie & Sunčica Vujić, 2012.
"Youth Crime and Education Expansion,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 13(4), pages 366-384, November.
- Machin Stephen & Marie Olivier & Vujić Sunčica, 2012. "Youth crime and education expansion," ROA Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Machin, Stephen & Marie, Olivier & Vuji?, Sun?ica, 2012. "Youth Crime and Education Expansion," IZA Discussion Papers 6582, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Machin Stephen & Marie Olivier & Vujić Sunčica, 2012. "Youth Crime and Education Expansion," Research Memorandum 037, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Machin, S. & Marie, O. & Vujic, S., 2012. "Youth crime and education expansion," Research Memorandum 036, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- William Harbaugh & Naci Mocan & Michael Visser, 2013.
"Theft and Deterrence,"
Journal of Labor Research,
Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 389-407, December.
- Harbaugh, William T. & Mocan, Naci & Visser, Michael S., 2011. "Theft and Deterrence," IZA Discussion Papers 5813, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- William T. Harbaugh & Naci H. Mocan & Michael S. Visser, 2011. "Theft and Deterrence," NBER Working Papers 17059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mocan, Naci & Raschke, Christian & Unel, Bulent, 2015.
"The impact of mothers’ earnings on health inputs and infant health,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 204-223.
- Naci Mocan & Christian Raschke & Bulent Unel, 2013. "The Impact of Mothers' Earnings on Health Inputs and Infant Health," NBER Working Papers 19434, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2011-11-28 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2011-11-28 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-URE-2011-11-28 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:17605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .