The Tyranny of Rules: Fiscal Discipline, Productive Spending, and Growth
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Manchester M13 9PL|
Phone: (0)161 275 4868
Fax: (0)161 275 4812
Web page: http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/subjects/economics/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frank Bohn, 2005.
"Maastricht criteria versus stability pact,"
200506, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Pierre‐Richard Agénor & Kyriakos C. Neanidis, 2011.
"The Allocation Of Public Expenditure And Economic Growth,"
University of Manchester, vol. 79(4), pages 899-931, 07.
- Pierre Richard Agénor & Kyriakos C. Neanidis, 2006. "The Allocation of Public Expenditure and Economic Growth," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0608, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor, 2005.
"Fiscal Policy and Endogenous Growth with Public Infrastructure,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
0536, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor, 2008. "Fiscal policy and endogenous growth with public infrastructure," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 57-87, January.
- P R Agénor, 2005. "Fiscal Policy and Endogenous Growth with Public Infrastructure," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 59, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- David R. Stockman, 2001. "Balanced-Budget Rules: Welfare Loss and Optimal Policies," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 4(2), pages 438-459, July.
- Elena Flores & Gabriele Giudice & Alessandro Turrini, 2005. "The framework for fiscal policy in EMU: What future after five years of experience?," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 223, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Ray C. Fair & John B. Taylor, 1980.
"Solution and Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Dynamic Nonlinear Rational Expectations Models,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
564, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Fair, Ray C & Taylor, John B, 1983. "Solution and Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Dynamic Nonlinear Rational Expectations Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 1169-85, July.
- Ray C. Fair & John B. Taylor, 1980. "Solution and Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Dynamic Nonlinear RationalExpectations Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Michel & Leopold Von Thadden & Jean-Pierre Vidal, 2010.
"Debt Stabilizing Fiscal Rules,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 12(5), pages 923-941, October.
- Philippe Michel & Leopold von Thadden & Jean-Piere Vidal, 2005. "Debt stabilizing fiscal rules," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 349, Society for Computational Economics.
- Michel, Philippe & von Thadden, Leopold & Vidal, Jean-Pierre, 2006. "Debt stabilizing fiscal rules," Working Paper Series 0576, European Central Bank.
- Sugata Ghosh & Charles Nolan, 2007.
"The Impact Of Simple Fiscal Rules In Growth Models With Public Goods And Congestion,"
University of Manchester, vol. 75(5), pages 634-651, 09.
- Sugata Ghosh & Charles Nolan, 2005. "The Impact of Simple Fiscal Rules in Growth Models with Public Goods and Congestion," CDMA Working Paper Series 200502, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Jensen, Henning Tarp & Verghis, Mathew & Yeldan, Erinc, 2006. "Disinflation, fiscal sustainability, and labor market adjustment in Turkey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3804, The World Bank.
- Buiter, Willem H., 1998.
"Notes on 'A Code for Fiscal Stability',"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1831, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philip R. Lane, 2002.
"The Cyclical Behaviour of Fiscal Policy: Evidence from the OECD,"
Trinity Economics Papers
20022, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Lane, Philip R., 2003. "The cyclical behaviour of fiscal policy: evidence from the OECD," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 2661-2675, December.
- Fernández-Huertas Moraga, Jesús & Vidal, Jean-Pierre, 2004.
"Fiscal sustainability and public debt in an endogenous growth model,"
Working Paper Series
0395, European Central Bank.
- Moraga, Jesús Fernández-Huertas & Vidal, Jean-Pierre, 2010. "Fiscal sustainability and public debt in an endogenous growth model," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 277-302, April.
- Breuss, Fritz & Roeger, Werner, 2005. "The SGP fiscal rule in the case of sluggish growth: Simulations with the QUEST model," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 767-788, October.
- Greiner, Alfred & Semmler, Willi, 2000. "Endogenous Growth, Government Debt and Budgetary Regimes," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 363-384, July.
- Peree, Eric & Valila, Timo, 2005. "Fiscal Rules And Public Investment," Economic and Financial Reports 2005/2, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Guo, Jang-Ting & Harrison, Sharon G., 2004. "Balanced-budget rules and macroeconomic (in)stability," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 357-363, December.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Moreno-Dodson, Blanca, 2006. "Public infrastructure and growth : new channels and policy implications," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4064, The World Bank.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ricardo Hausmann & Jürgen Von Hagen, 1999. "Reforming Budgetary Institutions in Latin America: The Case for a National Fiscal Council," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 415-442, October.
- Christophe Hurlin, 2005. "The productivy Effects of Public Capital in Developing Countries," Post-Print halshs-00257440, HAL.
- Michael Brauninger, 2005. "The Budget Deficit, Public Debt, and Endogenous Growth," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 7(5), pages 827-840, December.
- Annicchiarico, Barbara & Giammarioli, Nicola, 2004. "Fiscal rules and sustainability of public finances in an endogenous growth model," Working Paper Series 0381, European Central Bank.
- P R Agénor & K C Neanidis, 2006. "Corruption Clubs: The Allocation of Public Expenditure and Economic Growth," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 69, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Sugata Ghosh & Udayan Roy, 2004. "Fiscal policy, long-run growth, and welfare in a stock-flow model of public goods," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(3), pages 742-756, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:man:sespap:0616. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marianne Sensier)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.