External Instability in Transition: Applying Minsky's Theory of Financial Fragility to International Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jan Kregel, 2004. "Can we create a stable international financial environment that ensures net resource transfers to developing countries?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(4), pages 573-590.
- Codrina Rada, Lance Taylor, 2006. "WP 2006-1 Developing and Transition Economies in the Late 20th Century: Diverging Growth Rates, Economic Structures, and Sources of Demand," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 2006-1, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Andrea Pescatori & Damiano Sandri & John Simon, 2014. "Debt and Growth; Is There a Magic Threshold?," IMF Working Papers 14/34, International Monetary Fund.
- Karadimitropoulou, Aikaterini & León-Ledesma, Miguel, 2013.
"World, country, and sector factors in international business cycles,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 2913-2927.
- Aikaterini Karadimitropoulou & Miguel León-Ledesma, 2013. "World, Country, and Sector Factors in International Business Cycles," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 045, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Aikaterini Karadimitropoulou & Miguel Leon-Ledesma, 2013. "World, Country, and Sector Factors in International Business Cycles," Studies in Economics 1307, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:21:y:1987:i:3:p:1075-1116 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Christoph Duenwald & Nikolay Gueorguiev & Andrea Schaechter, 2005. "Too Much of a Good Thing? Credit Booms in Transition Economies; The Cases of Bulgaria, Romania, and Ukraine," IMF Working Papers 05/128, International Monetary Fund.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris K. & Gente, Karine & León-Ledesma, Miguel A., 2012.
"Net foreign assets, productivity and real exchange rates in constrained economies,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 295-316.
- Dimitris K. Christopoulos & Karine Gente & Miguel A. Leon-Ledesma, 2008. "Net Foreign Assets, Productivity and Real Exchange Rates in Constrained Economies," Discussion Papers 2008-17, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Dimitris K. Christopoulos & Karine Gente & Miguel A. Leon-Ledesma, 2010. "Net Foreign Assets, Productivity and Real Exchange Rates in Constrained Economies," Studies in Economics 1011, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Anna Shostya, 2014. "The Effect of the Global Financial Crisis on Transition Economies," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 42(3), pages 317-332, September.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:27:y:1993:i:3:p:813-824 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anna Klimina, 2010. "On the Risks of Introducing a Liberal Plan in a Traditionally Autocratic Society: The Case of Russia," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(2), pages 513-522.
- Veblen, Thorstein, 1904. "Theory of Business Enterprise," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number veblen1904.
- Borgersen, Trond-Arne & King, Roswitha M., 2014. "Structural origins of debt-sustainability in mature and transition economies: Domar, Balassa–Samuelson and Maastricht," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 101-119.
- Mario Tonveronachi, 2006. "Foreign debt and financial fragility in the perspective of the emerging countries," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(236), pages 23-48.
- Pradeep Mitra, 2008. "Innovation, Inclusion, and Integration : From Transition to Convergence in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6475, December.
- Andrew Savchenko, 2002. "Toward Capitalism or Away from Russia?: Early Stage of Post-Soviet Economic Reforms in Belarus and the Baltics," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 233-257, January.
- Huett, Hannes & Krapf, Matthias & Uysal, S. Derya, 2014. "Price dynamics in the Belarusian black market for foreign exchange," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 169-176.
- Vladimir Popov, 2008. "Shock Therapy versus Gradualism Reconsidered: Lessons from Transition Economies," Chapters,in: Economic Reform in Developing Countries, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Anna Klimina, 2011. "The Futility of the Neoliberal Policy of Deliberate Market Construction and the Promise of an Institutionalist Alternative: The Case of Russia's Authoritarian Transition," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(2), pages 411-420.
- Barkbu, Bergljot & Eichengreen, Barry & Mody, Ashoka, 2012.
"Financial crises and the multilateral response: What the historical record shows,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 422-435.
- Bergljot Barkbu & Barry Eichengreen & Ashoka Mody, 2011. "Financial Crises and the Multilateral Response: What the Historical Record Shows," NBER Chapters,in: Global Financial Crisis National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jan Kregel, 2007.
"Rethinking debt sustainability in the context of the Millennium Development Goals,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 60(242), pages 225-248.
- Jan Kregel, 2007. "Rethinking debt sustainability in the context of the Millennium Development Goals," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 60(242), pages 225-248.
- Erik Berglof & Patrick Bolton, 2002.
"The Great Divide and Beyond: Financial Architecture in Transition,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 77-100, Winter.
- Erik Berglof & Patrick Bolton, 2001. "The Great Divide and Beyond: Financial Architecture in Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 414, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Berglöf, Erik & Bolton, Patrick, 2003. "The Great Divide and Beyond - Financial Architecture in Transition," CEPR Discussion Papers 3476, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eichner, Alfred S & Kregel, J A, 1975. "An Essay on Post-Keynesian Theory: A New Paradigm in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 1293-1314, December.
- Jonathan D Ostry & Atish R Ghosh & Marcos Chamon & Mahvash S Qureshi, 2011. "Capital Controls: When and Why?," IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 59(3), pages 562-580, August.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:29:y:1995:i:1:p:223-243 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Prasch, 2011. "Capitalism, Freedom and Democracy Reprised; Or, Why Is the Liberalization of Capital Associated with the Increased Repression of Individuals?," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(2), pages 277-288.
- repec:mes:challe:v:25:y:1982:i:3:p:5-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leslie LIPSCHITZ & Timothy LANE & Alex MOURMOURAS, 2006. "Capital Flows to Transition Economies: Master or Servant? (in English)," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 56(5-6), pages 202-222, May.
- Szirmai, Adam, 2012. "Industrialisation as an engine of growth in developing countries, 1950–2005," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 406-420.
- Mathew Forstater, 1997. "Selective Use of Discretionary Public Employment and Economic Flexibility," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_218, Levy Economics Institute.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:31:y:1997:i:2:p:543-548 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mario Tonveronachi, 2006. "Foreign debt and financial fragility in the perspective of the emerging countries," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(236), pages 23-48.
- Codrina Rada & Lance Taylor, 2006. "Developing and Transition Economies in the Late 20th Century: Diverging Growth Rates, Economic Structures, and Sources of Demand," Working Papers 34, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Josef C. Brada & Trajko Slaveski, 2012. "Transition in a Bubble Economy," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(S4), pages 7-13, November.
- Lance Taylor & Codrina Rada, 2006. "Structural Change, Economic Policy, and Development," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 32, pages 51-71.
- Christopher J. Neely, 1999. "An introduction to capital controls," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 13-30.
- János Kornai, 1986. "Contradictions and Dilemmas: Studies on the Socialist Economy and Society," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262111071, January.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:38:y:2004:i:2:p:475-482 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsTransition Economies; Soviet Mode of Production; Technological Decay; International Capital Flows; External Instability; Debt Repayment;
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian; Stockholm School
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- P30 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-07-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2018-07-16 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-HME-2018-07-16 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2018-07-16 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_909. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.