Stochastic Stability in Assignment Problems
In a dynamic model of assignment problems, small deviations suffice to move between stable outcomes. This result is used to obtain no-selection and almost-no-selection results under the stochastic stability concept for uniform and payoff-dependent errors. There is no-selection of partner or payoff under uniform errors, nor for agents with multiple optimal partners under payoff-dependent errors. There can be selection of payoff for agents with a unique optimal partner under payoff-dependent errors. However, when every agent has a unique optimal partner, almost-no-selection is obtained.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: ++41 21 692.33.64
Web page: http://www.hec.unil.ch/deep/publications/cahiers/series
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn & Markus Walzl, 2008.
"Stochastic Stability for Roommate Markets,"
357, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- van Damme, Eric & Weibull, Jorgen W., 2002.
"Evolution in Games with Endogenous Mistake Probabilities,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 296-315, October.
- van Damme, E.E.C. & Weibull, J., 2002. "Evolution in games with endogenous mistake probabilities," Other publications TiSEM 1c779ce9-9daa-4893-9ddb-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Newton, Jonathan, 2012. "Recontracting and stochastic stability in cooperative games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 364-381.
- Murali Agastia, .
"Adaptive Play in Multiplayer Bargaining Situations,"
ELSE working papers
007, ESRC Centre on Economics Learning and Social Evolution.
- Agastya, Murali, 1997. "Adaptive Play in Multiplayer Bargaining Situations," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 411-26, July.
- Newton, Jonathan & Sawa, Ryoji, 2015.
"A one-shot deviation principle for stability in matching problems,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 1-27.
- Newton, Jonathan & Sawa, Ryoji, 2013. "A one-shot deviation principle for stability in matching problems," Working Papers 2013-09, University of Sydney, School of Economics, revised Jul 2014.
- Crawford, Vincent P & Knoer, Elsie Marie, 1981. "Job Matching with Heterogeneous Firms and Workers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(2), pages 437-50, March.
- Bo Chen & Satoru Fujishige & Zaifu Yang, 2010.
"Decentralized Market Processes to Stable Job Matchings with Competitive Salaries,"
KIER Working Papers
749, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Bo Chen & Satoru Fujishige & Zaifu Yang, 2011. "Decentralized Market Processes to Stable Job Matchings with Competitive Salaries," Discussion Papers 11/03, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Agastya, Murali, 1999. "Perturbed Adaptive Dynamics in Coalition Form Games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 207-233, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lau:crdeep:14.02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudine Delapierre Saudan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.