A one-shot deviation principle for stability in matching problems
This paper considers marriage problems, roommate problems withnonempty core, and college admissions problems with responsive preferences. Allstochastically stable matchings are shown to be contained in the set of matchings which are most robust to one-shot deviation.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2013|
|Date of revision:||Jul 2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 61 +2 9351 5055
Fax: 61 +2 9351 4341
Web page: http://sydney.edu.au/arts/economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elliott Peranson & Alvin E. Roth, 1999.
"The Redesign of the Matching Market for American Physicians: Some Engineering Aspects of Economic Design,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 748-780, September.
- Alvin E. Roth & Elliott Peranson, 1999. "The Redesign of the Matching Market for American Physicians: Some Engineering Aspects of Economic Design," NBER Working Papers 6963, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- L. Blume, 2010.
"The Statistical Mechanics of Strategic Interaction,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
488, David K. Levine.
- Blume Lawrence E., 1993. "The Statistical Mechanics of Strategic Interaction," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 387-424, July.
- Peter Biro & Matthijs Bomhoff & Walter Kern & Petr A. Golovach & Daniel Paulusma, 2012. "Solutions for the Stable Roommates Problem with Payments," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1211, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Effrosyni Diamantoudi & Eiichi Miyagawa & Licun Xue, 2002.
"Random paths to stability in the roommate problem,"
0102-65, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Péter Biró & Gethin Norman, 2013.
"Analysis of stochastic matching markets,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 1021-1040, November.
- Roth, Alvin E & Vande Vate, John H, 1990. "Random Paths to Stability in Two-Sided Matching," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1475-80, November.
- Agastya, Murali, 1997.
"Adaptive Play in Multiplayer Bargaining Situations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 411-26, July.
- Murali Agastia, . "Adaptive Play in Multiplayer Bargaining Situations," ELSE working papers 007, ESRC Centre on Economics Learning and Social Evolution.
- Klaus, Bettina & Klijn, Flip & Walzl, Markus, 2010.
"Stochastic stability for roommate markets,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 145(6), pages 2218-2240, November.
- Klaus Bettina & Klijn Flip & Walzl Markus, 2008. "Stochastic Stability for Roommate Markets," Research Memorandum 010, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn & Markus Walzl, 2008. "Stochastic Stability for Roommate Markets," Working Papers 357, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Young, H Peyton, 1993. "The Evolution of Conventions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 57-84, January.
- Feldman, Allan M, 1974. "Recontracting Stability," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(1), pages 35-44, January.
- Bo Chen & Satoru Fujishige & Zaifu Yang, 2011.
"Decentralized Market Processes to Stable Job Matchings with Competitive Salaries,"
11/03, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Bo Chen & Satoru Fujishige & Zaifu Yang, 2010. "Decentralized Market Processes to Stable Job Matchings with Competitive Salaries," KIER Working Papers 749, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Roth, Alvin E, 1984. "The Evolution of the Labor Market for Medical Interns and Residents: A Case Study in Game Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(6), pages 991-1016, December.
- Newton, Jonathan, 2012. "Recontracting and stochastic stability in cooperative games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 364-381.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Watts, Alison, 2002.
"The Evolution of Social and Economic Networks,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 265-295, October.
- Heinrich H. Nax & Bary S.R. Pradelski, 2012. "Evolutionary dynamics and equitable core selection in assignment games," Economics Series Working Papers 607, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Joana Pais & Agnes Pinter & Robert F. Veszteg, 2012. "Decentralized Matching Markets: A Laboratory Experiment," Working Papers Department of Economics 2012/08, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Green, Jerry R, 1974. "The Stability of Edgeworth's Recontracting Process," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(1), pages 21-34, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:syd:wpaper:2123/9223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vanessa Holcombe)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.