Fertile Ground for Conflict
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- José G. Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2005. "Ethnic Polarization, Potential Conflict, and Civil Wars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 796-816, June.
- Esther Duflo & Michael Kremer & Jonathan Robinson, 2011.
"Nudging Farmers to Use Fertilizer: Theory and Experimental Evidence from Kenya,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(6), pages 2350-2390, October.
- Esther Duflo & Michael Kremer & Jonathan Robinson, 2009. "Nudging Farmers to Use Fertilizer: Theory and Experimental Evidence from Kenya," NBER Working Papers 15131, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sarsons, Heather, 2015. "Rainfall and conflict: A cautionary tale," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 62-72.
- repec:ags:stataj:163398 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:97:y:2003:i:01:p:75-90_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paswel P. Marenya & Christopher B. Barrett, 2009. "State-conditional Fertilizer Yield Response on Western Kenyan Farms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(4), pages 991-1006.
- Guimarães, Paulo & Portugal, Pedro, 2010.
"A simple feasible procedure to fit models with high-dimensional fixed effects,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 10(4), pages 1-22.
- Paulo Guimarães & Pedro Portugal, 2010. "A simple feasible procedure to fit models with high-dimensional fixed effects," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 10(4), pages 628-649, December.
- Manuel A. Hernandez & Maximo Torero, 2013. "Market concentration and pricing behavior in the fertilizer industry: a global approach," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(6), pages 723-734, November.
- Daron Acemoglu & Leopoldo Fergusson & Simon Johnson, 2017. "Population and Civil War," NBER Working Papers 23322, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Besley, Timothy & Reynal-Querol, Marta, 2014.
"The Legacy of Historical Conflict: Evidence from Africa,"
American Political Science Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 108(02), pages 319-336, May.
- Timothy Besley & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2012. "The Legacy of Historical Conflict Evidence from Africa," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 036, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Reynal-Querol, Marta, 2012. "The Legacy of Historical Conflict: Evidence from Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 8850, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Timothy Besley and Marta Reynal-Querol, 2013. "The Legacy of Historical Conflict Evidence from Africa," Working Papers 312, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Besley, Timothy & Reynal-Querol, Marta, 2014. "The legacy of historical conflict: evidence from Africa," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 57125, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mathieu Couttenier & Raphael Soubeyran, 2014.
"Drought and Civil War In Sub‐Saharan Africa,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 124(575), pages 201-244, March.
- Couttenier, Mathieu & Hofstetter, Annie & Soubeyran, Raphael, 2013. "Drought and civil war in sub-Saharan Africa," INRA Sciences Sociales, Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA), Departement Sciences Sociales, Agriculture et Alimentation, Espace et Environnement (SAE2), vol. 2013, pages 1-6, March.
- Mathieu Couttenier & Raphael Soubeyran, 2010. "Drought and Civil War in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 2010.150, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Mathieu Couttenier & Raphaël Soubeyran, 2011. "Drought and Civil War in Sub-Saharan Africa," PSE - G-MOND WORKING PAPERS halshs-00962481, HAL.
- Mathieu Couttenier & Raphael Soubeyran, 2010. "Drought and Civil War in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 10-13, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Dec 2012.
- Anirban Mitra & Debraj Ray, 2014.
"Implications of an Economic Theory of Conflict: Hindu-Muslim Violence in India,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 122(4), pages 719-765.
- Anirban Mitra & Debraj Ray, 2013. "Implications of an Economic Theory of Conflict: Hindu-Muslim Violence in India," NBER Working Papers 19090, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Samuel Bazzi & Christopher Blattman, 2014. "Economic Shocks and Conflict: Evidence from Commodity Prices," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(4), pages 1-38, October.
- Karen Macours, 2011. "Increasing inequality and civil conflict in Nepal," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Giacomo Luca & Petros Sekeris, 2012.
"Land inequality and conflict intensity,"
Springer, vol. 150(1), pages 119-135, January.
- De Luca, Giacomo & Sekeris, Petros, 2009. "Land Inequality and Conflict Intensity," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Frankfurt a.M. 2009 5, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Petros Sekeris & Giacomo De Luca, 2011. "Land Inequality and Conflict Intensity," Post-Print halshs-00528253, HAL.
- Joan Esteban & Debraj Ray, 2011.
"A Model Of Ethnic Conflict,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 496-521, June.
- Joan-Maria Esteban & Debraj Ray, 2005. "A Model of Ethnic Conflict," Working Papers 253, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Joan Esteban & Debraj Ray, 2007. "A Model of Ethnic Conflict," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 701.07, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Joan-Maria Esteban & Debraj Ray, 2007. "A Model of Ethnic Conflict," Working Papers 313, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Hanan G. Jacoby & Guo Li & Scott Rozelle, 2002.
"Hazards of Expropriation: Tenure Insecurity and Investment in Rural China,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1420-1447, December.
- Jacoby, Hanan G. & Li, Guo & Rozelle, Scott, 2002. "Hazards Of Expropriation:Tenure Insecurity And Investment In Rural China," Working Papers 11960, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Michael L. Ross, 2004. "What Do We Know about Natural Resources and Civil War?," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 41(3), pages 337-356, May.
- Mwesigye, Francis & Matsumoto, Tomoya, 2016. "The Effect of Population Pressure and Internal Migration on Land Conflicts: Implications for Agricultural Productivity in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 25-39.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:133-152 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nils B. Weidmann & Jan Ketil Roslashd & Lars-Erik Cederman, 2010. "Representing ethnic groups in space: A new dataset," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 47(4), pages 491-499, July.
- Andrea Guariso & Thorsten Rogall, 2017. "Rainfall Inequality, Political Power, and Ethnic Conflict in Africa," LICOS Discussion Papers 39117, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:105:y:2011:i:03:p:478-495_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- José Garcia Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2004. "Ethnic polarization, potential conflict and civil wars," Economics Working Papers 770, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Mar 2005.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alex Dickson & Ian A MacKenzie & Petros G Sekeris, 2018. "The role of markets and preferences on resource conflicts," Working Papers 1819, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
More about this item
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- Q34 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Natural Resources and Domestic and International Conflicts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2017-08-27 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lam:wpaper:17-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricia Modat). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lamplfr.html .