The Labor Market Effects of Opening the Border: Evidence from Switzerland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Slotwinski, Michaela & Schmidheiny, Kurt, 2014.
"Behavioral Responses to Local Tax Rates: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from a Foreigners Tax Scheme in Switzerland,"
Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy
100292, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Schmidheiny, Kurt & Slotwinski, Michaela, 2015. "Behavioral Responses to Local Tax Rates: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from a Foreigners' Tax Scheme in Switzerland," CEPR Discussion Papers 10833, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kurt Schmidheiny & Michaela Slotwinski, 2015. "Behavioral Responses to Local Tax Rates: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from a Foreigners' Tax Scheme in Switzerland," CESifo Working Paper Series 5518, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bühler, Stefan & Helm, Marco & Lechner, Michael, 2011. "Trade Liberalization and Growth: Plant-Level Evidence from Switzerland," Economics Working Paper Series 1133, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Suphanit Piyapromdee, 2017. "The Impact of Immigration on Wages, Internal Migration and Welfare," PIER Discussion Papers 69, Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised Sep 2017.
More about this item
Keywordsborder region; free labor mobility; policy change; cross-border workers; labor markets;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-07-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2017-07-23 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2017-07-23 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LMA-2017-07-23 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MIG-2017-07-23 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kof:wpskof:17-431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/koethch.html .