The Renminbi's Role in the Global Monetary System
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Olaf Stier & Kerstin Bernoth & Alexander Fisher, 2010. "Internationalization of the Chinese Renminbi: An Opportunity for China," Weekly Report, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 6(17), pages 126-132.
- Ignazio Angeloni & Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Benjamin Carton & Christophe Destais & Zsolt Darvas & Jean Pisani-Ferry & André Sapir & Shahin Vallée, .
"Global currencies for tomorrow: a European perspective,"
Bruegel, number 592.
- Ignazio Angeloni & Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Benjamin Carton & Zsolt Darvas & Christophe Destais & Ludovic Gauvin & Jean Pisani-Ferry & André Sapir & Shahin Vallée, 2011. "Global currencies for tomorrow: A European perspective," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 444, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- André Sapir & Jean Pisani-Ferry, 2011. "Global Currencies for Tomorrow: A European Perspective," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/174278, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Xiaoli Chen & Yin‐Wong Cheung, 2011.
"Renminbi Going Global,"
China & World Economy,
Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 19(2), pages 1-18, March.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong, 2011. "Renminbi Going Global," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt2qn810hg, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Xiaoli Chen & Yin-Wong Cheung, 2011. "Renminbi Going Global," Working Papers 082011, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Dobson, Wendy & Masson, Paul R., 2009. "Will the renminbi become a world currency?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 124-135, March.
- Faisal Ahmed & Shengzu Wang & Isabelle Mateos y Lago & Samar Maziad & Stephanie Segal & Pascal Farahmand & Udaibir S Das, 2011. "Internationalization of Emerging Market Currencies; A Balance Between Risks and Rewards," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 11/17, International Monetary Fund.
- Marcos D. Chamon & Eswar S. Prasad, 2010.
"Why Are Saving Rates of Urban Households in China Rising?,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 93-130, January.
- Chamon, Marcos & Prasad, Eswar, 2007. "Why Are Saving Rates of Urban Households in China Rising?," IZA Discussion Papers 3191, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marcos Chamon & Eswar S Prasad, 2008. "Why are Saving Rates of Urban Households in China Rising?," IMF Working Papers 08/145, International Monetary Fund.
- Marcos Chamon & Eswar Prasad, 2008. "Why are Saving Rates of Urban Households in China Rising?," NBER Working Papers 14546, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chamon, Marcos & Liu, Kai & Prasad, Eswar, 2013.
"Income uncertainty and household savings in China,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 164-177.
- Chamon, Marcos & Liu, Kai & Prasad, Eswar, 2010. "Income Uncertainty and Household Savings in China," IZA Discussion Papers 5331, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marcos Chamon & Kai Liu & Eswar S. Prasad, 2010. "Income Uncertainty and Household Savings in China," NBER Working Papers 16565, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kai Liu & Marcos Chamon & Eswar S Prasad, 2010. "Income Uncertainty and Household Savings in China," IMF Working Papers 10/289, International Monetary Fund.
- Eswar S. Prasad, 2011. "Role reversal in global finance," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 339-390.
- Tavlas, G.S., 1991. "On the International Use of Currencies: the Case of the Deutsche Mark," Princeton Studies in International Economics 181, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Barry, Eichengreen, 2011. "The renminbi as an international currency," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 723-730, September.
- Fred Hu, 2008. "The Role of the Renminbi in the World Economy," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 28(2), pages 219-224, Winter.
- Justin Yifu Lin, 2013. "Demystifying the Chinese Economy," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 46(3), pages 259-268, September.
- Martin Schindler, 2009. "Measuring Financial Integration: A New Data Set," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(1), pages 222-238, April.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2004.
"On the Renminbi: The Choice between Adjustment under a Fixed Exchange Rate and Adustment under a Flexible Rate,"
Working Paper Series
rwp04-037, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2005. "On the Renminbi: The Choice between Adjustment under a Fixed Exchange Rate and Adjustment under a Flexible Rate," NBER Working Papers 11274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean Pisani-Ferry & Adam Posen, . "The euro at ten: the next global currency?," Books, Bruegel, number 303.
- C. Randall Henning, 2009. "The Future of the Chiang Mai Initiative: An Asian Monetary Fund?," Policy Briefs PB09-5, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Li Jing, 2007. "The Rise of the Renminbi in Asia: Cost-Benefit Analysis and Road Map," Chinese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 29-43, July.
- Barry Eichengreen & Marc Flandreau, 2010. "The Federal Reserve, the Bank of England and the rise of the dollar as an international currency, 1914-39," BIS Working Papers 328, Bank for International Settlements.
- Daniel H. Rosen & Thilo Hanemann, 2009. "China's Changing Outbound Foreign Direct Investment Profile: Drivers and Policy Implications," Policy Briefs PB09-14, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Galina Hale, 2007. "Prospects for China's corporate bond market," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue mar16.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cruz, Prince Christian & Gao, Yuning & Song, Lei Lei, 2014. "The People’s Republic of China’s Financial Markets: Are They Deep and Liquid Enough for Renminbi Internationalization?," ADBI Working Papers 477, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Shu, Chang & He, Dong & Cheng, Xiaoqiang, 2015.
"One currency, two markets: the renminbi's growing influence in Asia-Pacific,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 163-178.
- Chang Shu & Dong He & Xiaoqiang Cheng, 2014. "One Currency, Two Markets: The Renminbi's Growing Influence in Asia-Pacific," Working Papers 102014, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Chang Shu & Dong He & Xiaoqiang Cheng, 2014. "One currency, two markets: the renminbi’s growing influence in Asia-Pacific," BIS Working Papers 446, Bank for International Settlements.
- Glick, Reuven & Hutchison, Michael, 2013.
"China's financial linkages with Asia and the global financial crisis,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 186-206.
- Glick, Reuven & Hutchison, Michael M., 2013. "China’s Financial Linkages with Asia and the Global Financial Crisis," Working Paper Series 2013-12, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Eswar Prasad & Lei Ye, 2013. "The Renminbi's Prospects as a Global Reserve Currency," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 33(3), pages 563-570, Fall.
- Benjamin J. Cohen & Tabitha M. Benney, 2014. "What does the international currency system really look like?," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(5), pages 1017-1041, October.
- Kristina Spantig, 2015. "International monetary policy spillovers—can the RMB and the euro challenge the hegemony of the US dollar?," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 459-478, December.
- Ronald Ian McKinnon & Gunther Schnabl, 2014. "China's Exchange Rate and Financial Repression: The Conflicted Emergence of the Renminbi as an International Currency," CESifo Working Paper Series 4649, CESifo Group Munich.
- Menzie Chinn, 2015. "Emerging Market Economies and the Next Reserve Currencies," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 155-174, February.
- Daniel Poon, 2014. "China’s Development Trajectory: A Strategic Opening for Industrial Policy in the South," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 218, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Volz, Ulrich, 2013. "RMB internationalisation and currency co-operation in East Asia," Working Papers 125, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
More about this item
Keywordsinternational monetary system; reserve currency; capital account liberalization; convertibility; exchange rate flexibility;
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2012-02-20 (International Finance)
- NEP-MON-2012-02-20 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2012-02-20 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6335. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.