Internationalization of the RMB and Historical Precedents
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 2012. "Internationalization of the RMB and Historical Precedents," Scholarly Articles 10592469, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
References listed on IDEAS
- Takatoshi ITO, 2010. "China as Number One: How about the Renminbi?," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 5(2), pages 249-276, December.
- Black, Stanley W., 1991. "Transactions costs and vehicle currencies," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 512-526, December.
- Shinji Takagi, 2011. "Internationalising the yen, 1984-2003: unfinished agenda or mission impossible?," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Currency internationalisation: lessons from the global financial crisis and prospects for the future in Asia and the Pacific, volume 61, pages 75-92 Bank for International Settlements.
- Xiaoli Chen & Yin‐Wong Cheung, 2011.
"Renminbi Going Global,"
China & World Economy,
Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 19(2), pages 1-18, March.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong, 2011. "Renminbi Going Global," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt2qn810hg, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Xiaoli Chen & Yin-Wong Cheung, 2011. "Renminbi Going Global," Working Papers 082011, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Dobson, Wendy & Masson, Paul R., 2009. "Will the renminbi become a world currency?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 124-135, March.
- Arvind Subramanian, 2011. "Renminbi Rules: The Conditional Imminence of the Reserve Currency Transition," Working Paper Series WP11-14, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Black, Stanley W., 1985. "International money and international monetary arrangements," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1153-1193 Elsevier.
- Hans Genberg, 2011.
"Currency internationalisation: analytical and policy issues,"
BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Currency internationalisation: lessons from the global financial crisis and prospects for the future in Asia and the Pacific, volume 61, pages 221-230
Bank for International Settlements.
- Hans Genberg, 2009. "Currency Internationalisation: Analytical and Policy Issues," Working Papers 312009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Barry, Eichengreen, 2011. "The renminbi as an international currency," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 723-730, September.
- Yin‐Wong Cheung & Guonan Ma & Robert N. McCauley, 2011.
"Renminbising China'S Foreign Assets,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Guonan Ma & Robert N. McCauley, 2010. "Renminbising China's Foreign Assets," Working Papers 162010, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Guonan Ma & Robert N. McCauley, 2010. "Renminbising China's Foreign Assets," CESifo Working Paper Series 3009, CESifo Group Munich.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2005. "Sterling's Past, Dollar's Future: Historical Perspectives on Reserve Currency Competition," NBER Working Papers 11336, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McKinnon, Ronald I., 1979. "Money in International Exchange: The Convertible Currency System," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195024098.
- Schenk,Catherine R., 2013. "The Decline of Sterling," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107612990, April.
- Linda S. Goldberg, 2010. "Is the international role of the dollar changing?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 16(Jan).
- Dominguez, Kathryn M & Frankel, Jeffrey A, 1993. "Does Foreign-Exchange Intervention Matter? The Portfolio Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1356-1369, December.
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1998. "Blessing or curse? Foreign and underground demand for euro notes," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 13(26), pages 261-303, April.
- Arvind Subramanian, 2011. "Eclipse: Living in the Shadow of China's Economic Dominance," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 6062.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, Tao & Wang, Xiaosong, 2016. "The Road to International Currency: Global Perspective and Chinese Experience," MPRA Paper 72877, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:asiapr:v:12:y:2017:i:2:p:237-253 is not listed on IDEAS
- Subramanian Arvind & Kessler Martin, 2013.
"The Renminbi Bloc is Here: Asia Down, Rest of the World to Go?,"
Journal of Globalization and Development,
De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 49-94, August.
- Arvind Subramanian & Martin Kessler, 2012. "The Renminbi Bloc is Here: Asia Down, Rest of the World to Go?," Working Paper Series WP12-19, Peterson Institute for International Economics, revised 2013.
- Dominik A. Skopiec, 2015. "Rola specjalnych praw ciągnienia we współczesnym międzynarodowym systemie walutowym," Gospodarka Narodowa, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 5, pages 89-118.
- Joshua Aizenman, 2015. "Internationalization of the RMB, Capital Market Openness and Financial Reforms in China," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 444-460, August.
- Dominik A. Skopiec, 2014. "Perspektywy internacjonalizacji waluty Chin," Gospodarka Narodowa, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 1, pages 5-31.
- Zhang, Zhiwen & Makin, Anthony J. & Bai, Qinxian, 2016. "Yen internationalization and Japan's international reserves," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 452-466.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 2015.
"The internationalization of the RMB, capital market openness, and financial reforms in China,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
4/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Joshua Aizenman, 2015. "The Internationalization of the RMB, Capital Market Openness, and Financial Reforms in China," NBER Working Papers 20943, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:mes:emfitr:v:53:y:2017:i:12:p:2845-2857 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eswar Prasad & Lei Ye, 2013. "The Renminbi's Prospects as a Global Reserve Currency," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 33(3), pages 563-570, Fall.
- Daniel Gersten Reiss, 2015.
"Invoice currency: Puzzling evidence and new questions from Brazil,"
ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 16(2), pages 206-225.
- Reiss, Daniel Gersten, 2014. "Invoice Currency in Brazil," MPRA Paper 59412, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Gersten Reiss, 2015. "Invoice Currency: puzzling evidence and new questions from Brazil," Working Papers Series 382, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:integr:0576. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jong-Eun Lee). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desejkr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.