A Good Time to Stay Out? Strikes and the Business Cycle
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Paul J. Devereux & Robert A. Hart, 2011. "A Good Time to Stay Out? Strikes and the Business Cycle," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 49(Supplemen), pages 70-92, June.
- Devereux, Paul J & Hart, Robert A, 2008. "A Good Time to Stay Out? Strikes and the Business Cycle," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2008-12, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Paul J. Devereux & Robert A. Hart, 2008. "A good time to stay out? Strikes and the business cycle," Open Access publications 10197/736, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
References listed on IDEAS
- Booth, Alison & Cressy, Robert, 1990. "Strikes with Asymmetric Information: Theory and Evidence," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(3), pages 269-291, August.
- Gary Solon & Robert Barsky & Jonathan A. Parker, 1994.
"Measuring the Cyclicality of Real Wages: How Important is Composition Bias?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(1), pages 1-25.
- Gary Solon & Robert Barsky & Jonathan A. Parker, 1992. "Measuring the Cyclicality of Real Wages: How Important is Composition Bias," NBER Working Papers 4202, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Booth, Alison & Cressy, Robert, 1990. "Erratum [Strikes with Asymmetric Information: Theory and Evidence]," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(4), pages 492-492, Special I.
- Harrison, Alan & Stewart, Mark, 1989. "Cyclical Fluctuations in Strike Durations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 827-841, September.
- Peter Cramton & Joseph Tracy, 2003. "Unions, Bargaining and Strikes," Papers of Peter Cramton 02ubs, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 05 Sep 2002.
- Moulton, Brent R., 1986. "Random group effects and the precision of regression estimates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 385-397, August.
- Paul J. Devereux, 2001.
"The Cyclicality of Real Wages within Employer-Employee Matches,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 54(4), pages 835-850, July.
- Paul J. Devereux, 2001. "The cyclicality of real wages within employer-employee matches," Open Access publications 10197/312, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Kennan, John & Wilson, Robert, 1993. "Bargaining with Private Information," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(1), pages 45-104, March.
- Harrison, Alan & Stewart, Mark, 1994. "Is Strike Behavior Cyclical?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(4), pages 524-553, October.
- Kennan, John, 1987. "The economics of strikes," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & R. Layard (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 19, pages 1091-1137 Elsevier.
- Kennan, John, 1985. "The duration of contract strikes in U.S. manufacturing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 5-28, April.
- Sheena McConnell, 1990. "Cyclical Fluctuations in Strike Activity," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(1), pages 130-143, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gary-Bobo, Robert J. & Jaaidane, Touria, 2014. "Strikes and slowdown in a theory of relational contracts," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 89-116.
- Henri Fraisse & Francis Kramarz & Corinne Prost, 2015.
"Labor Disputes and Job Flows,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 68(5), pages 1043-1077, October.
- H. Fraisse & F. Kramarz & C. Prost, 2014. "Labor Disputes and Job Flows," Documents de Travail de la DESE - Working Papers of the DESE g2014-13, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, DESE.
- Stefan Oliver Houpt & Juan Carlos Rojo Cagigal, 2014. "Relative deprivation and labour conflict during Spain’s industrialization: the Bilbao estuary, 1914–1936," Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 8(3), pages 335-369, September.
- Hart, Robert A., 2009. "Workers Made Idle by Company Strikes and the 'British Disease'," IZA Discussion Papers 4248, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hart, Robert A, 2009. "Workers Made Idle by Company Strikes and the ‘British Disease'," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2009-14, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsoutcome; strikes; cyclicality; duration; incidence;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-08-06 (Business Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2008-08-06 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2008-08-06 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3614. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .