Becoming an Entrepreneur
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Patricio Valenzuela & Hugo R. Ñopo, 2007. "Becoming an Entrepreneur," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1951, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Hugo Ñopo & Patricio Valenzuela, 2007. "Becoming an Entrepreneur," Research Department Publications 4519, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hugo Ã‘opo & Jaime Saavedra & MÃ¡ximo Torero, 2007. "Ethnicity and Earnings in a Mixed-Race Labor Market," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 709-734.
- Edward P. Lazear, 2004. "Balanced Skills and Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 208-211, May.
- Silva, Olmo, 2007.
"The Jack-of-All-Trades entrepreneur: Innate talent or acquired skill?,"
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 118-123, November.
- Silva, Olmo, 2006. "The Jack-of-All-Trades Entrepreneur: Innate Talent or Acquired Skill?," IZA Discussion Papers 2264, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eduardo Engel & Alexander Galetovic & Claudio Raddatz, 1998. "Reforma tributaria y distribución del ingreso en Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 40, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Borjas, George J & Bronars, Stephen G, 1989. "Consumer Discrimination and Self-employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 581-605, June.
- repec:idb:brikps:publication-detail,7101.html?id=23575 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:idb:brikps:79506 is not listed on IDEAS
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-535, June.
- Nopo, Hugo R. & Saavedra, Jaime & Torero, Maximo, 2004. "Ethnicity and Earnings in Urban Peru," IZA Discussion Papers 980, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hege Gulli, 1998. "Microfinance and Poverty: Questioning the Conventional Wisdom," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 79506 edited by Nancy Morrison, February.
- Rees, Hedley & Shah, Anup, 1986. "An Empirical Analysis of Self-employment in the U.K," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 95-108, January.
- repec:idb:idbbks:428 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barton H. Hamilton, 2000. "Does Entrepreneurship Pay? An Empirical Analysis of the Returns to Self-Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 604-631, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Corrado Giulietti & Guangjie Ning & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2012.
"Self-employment of rural-to-urban migrants in China,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(1), pages 96-117, March.
- Giulietti, Corrado & Ning, Guangjie & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2011. "Self-Employment of Rural-to-Urban Migrants in China," IZA Discussion Papers 5805, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Giulietti, Corrado & Ning, Guangjie & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 2011. "Self-employment of rural-to-urban migrants in China," CEPR Discussion Papers 8473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sanchez Puerta, Maria Laura, 2010. "Labor market policy research for developing countries : recent examples from the literature - what do we know and what should we know?," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 52999, The World Bank.
- Federico S. Mandelman & Gabriel V. Montes Rojas, 2007. "Microentrepreneurship and the business cycle: is self-employment a desired outcome?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2007-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Mandelman, Federico S. & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel V., 2009. "Is Self-employment and Micro-entrepreneurship a Desired Outcome?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1914-1925, December.
More about this item
Keywordsdifference-in-differences; non-parametric matching; micro-enterprises;
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-04-21 (Business Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2007-04-21 (Entrepreneurship)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp2716. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .