A Tale of Parallel Integration Processes. A Gravity Analysis of EU Trade with Mediterranean and Central and Eastern European Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pastore Francesco & Ferragina Anna Maria & Giovannetti Giorgia, 2009. "A Tale of Parallel Integration Processes: A Gravity Analysis of EU Trade with Mediterranean and Central and Eastern European Countries," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 21-44, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2003.
"Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 170-192, March.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2000. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 485, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 8079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luca De Benedictis & Roberta De Santis & Claudio Vicarelli, 2005. "Hub-and-Spoke or Else? Free Trade Agreements in the Enlarged EU - A Gravity Model Estimate," Economics Working Papers 037, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes.
- Laszlo Matyas, 1997. "Proper Econometric Specification of the Gravity Model," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 363-368, May.
- Hamilton, C.B. & Winters, L.A., 1992. "Opening Up International Trade in Eastern Europe," Papers 511, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Kleinert, Jorn & Toubal, Farid, 2004.
"The distance puzzle: on the interpretation of the distance coefficient in gravity equations,"
Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 293-298, June.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Kleinert, Jörn & Toubal, Farid, 2003. "The Distance Puzzle: On the Interpretation of the Distance Coefficient in Gravity Equations," Kiel Working Papers 1159, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Claudia Buch & Jörn Kleinert & Farid Toubal, 2004. "The Distance Puzzle: On the Interpretation of the Distance Coefficient in Gravity Equations," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00311582, HAL.
- Luca De Benedictis & Roberta De Santis & Claudio Vicarelli, 2005.
"Hub-and-Spoke or else? Free trade agreements in the 'enlarged' European Union,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 2(2), pages 245-260, December.
- Luca De Benedictis & Roberta De Santis & Claudio Vicarelli, 2005. "Hub-and-Spoke or else? Free trade agreements in the “enlarged” European Union," ISAE Working Papers 52, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Greenaway, David & Milner, Chris, 2002. "Regionalism and Gravity," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 49(5), pages 574-585, December.
- Brenton, Paul & Gros, Daniel, 1997. "Trade Reorientation and Recovery in Transition Economies," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 65-76, Summer.
- Baldwin, Richard E., 1997. "Comment on Gros and Gonciarz," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 187-188, February.
- Patrick Artus & André Cartapanis & Lionel Fontagné, 1999. "L'élargissement de l'Union européenne en Europe centrale : les enjeux," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 50(6), pages 1095-1099.
- Laura Márquez-Ramos & Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso, 2005. "Does Heterogeneity Matter In The Context Of The Gravity Model?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(17), pages 1-7.
- Robert C. Feenstra & James R. Markusen & Andrew K. Rose, 2001. "Using the gravity equation to differentiate among alternative theories of trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(2), pages 430-447, May.
- Egger, Peter, 2000.
"A note on the proper econometric specification of the gravity equation,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 25-31, January.
- Peter Egger, "undated". "A Note on the Proper Econometric Specification of the Gravity Equation," WIFO Working Papers 108, WIFO.
- Gros, Daniel & Gonciarz, Andrzej, 1996. "A note on the trade potential of Central and Eastern Europe," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 709-721, December.
- Boughanmi, Houcine, 2008. "The Trade Potential of the Arab Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC): A Gravity Model Approach," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 42-56.
- Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2003. "The proper panel econometric specification of the gravity equation: A three-way model with bilateral interaction effects," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 571-580, July.
- Peter Egger, 2002.
"An Econometric View on the Estimation of Gravity Models and the Calculation of Trade Potentials,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 297-312, February.
- Peter Egger, "undated". "An Econometric View on the Estimation of Gravity Models and the Calculation of Trade Potentials," WIFO Working Papers 141, WIFO.
- Christos Papazoglou & Eric J. Pentecost & Helena Marques, 2006. "A Gravity Model Forecast of the Potential Trade Effects of EU Enlargement: Lessons from 2004 and Path-dependency in Integration," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(8), pages 1077-1089, August.
- Wang, Zhen Kun & Winters, L. Alan, 1991. "The Trading Potential of Eastern Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 610, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nilsson, Lars, 2000. "Trade integration and the EU economic membership criteria," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 807-827, November.
- Brenton, Paul & Di Mauro, Francesca, 1999. "The Potential Magnitude and Impact of FDI flows to CEECs," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 14, pages 59-74.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andreas Breitenfellner & Jesus Crespo Cuaresma & Peter Mooslechner & Doris Ritzberger-Grünwald, 2008. "The Impact of EU Enlargement in 2004 and 2007 on FDI and Migration Flows Gravity Analysis of Factor Mobility," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 2, pages 101-120.
- Rym Ayadi & Luc De Wulf & Moez El Elj & Michael Gasiorek & Ahmed Ghoneim & Javier Lopez Gonzalez & Selen Guerin & Peter Holmes & Hammad Kassal & Maryla Maliszewska & Mahmut Tekce, 2009. "Economic Integration in the Euro-Mediterranean Region," CASE Network Reports 0089, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Harb George, 2010. "Communication Infrastructures, Institutional Efficiency and EU-Arab Trade: Assessment and Implications," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 6(2), pages 49-73, November.
- P. Montalbano & S. Nenci, 2014.
"Assessing the trade impact of the European Neighbourhood Policy on the EU-MED Free Trade Area,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(7), pages 730-740, March.
- Pierluigi Montalbano & Silvia Nenci, 2012. "Assessing the Trade Impact of the European Neighborhood Policy on EU-MED Free Trade Area," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0147, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Pierluigi Montalbano & Silvia Nenci, 2012. "Assessing the Trade Impact of the European Neighborhood Policy on EU-MED Free Trade Area," Working Paper Series 3112, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Ruhul Salim & Shahriar Kabir, 2010. "The Immediate Impact Of Euro On Intra-Regional Trade: An Event Study Approach," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 35(3), pages 43-55, September.
- Uri Dadush, 2015. "Economic integration in the time of turmoil," Policy notes & Policy briefs 1515, OCP Policy Center.
- Sekkat, Khalid, 2012. "Manufactured Exports and FDI in Southern Mediterranean Countries: Evolution, determinants and prospects," CEPS Papers 6849, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Alessandro Romagnoli & Luisa Mengoni, 2009. "The challenge of economic integration in the MENA region: from GAFTA and EU-MFTA to small scale Arab Unions," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 69-83, May.
- Ebaidalla Mahjoub Ebaidalla, 2016. "Trade between Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia: Prospects and Challenges for Trilateral Trade Integration," Working Papers 1057, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsEU eastward enlargement; MED agreements; gravity equation; trade potential;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
- P45 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - International Linkages
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2005-11-19 (European Economics)
- NEP-INT-2005-11-19 (International Trade)
- NEP-TRA-2005-11-19 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp1829. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .