A Tale of Parallel Integration Processes. A Gravity Analysis of EU Trade with Mediterranean and Central and Eastern European Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pastore Francesco & Ferragina Anna Maria & Giovannetti Giorgia, 2009. "A Tale of Parallel Integration Processes: A Gravity Analysis of EU Trade with Mediterranean and Central and Eastern European Countries," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 21-44, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2003.
"Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 170-192, March.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2000. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 485, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 8079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luca De Benedictis & Roberta De Santis & Claudio Vicarelli, 2005. "Hub-and-Spoke or Else? Free Trade Agreements in the Enlarged EU - A Gravity Model Estimate," Economics Working Papers 037, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes.
- Laszlo Matyas, 1997. "Proper Econometric Specification of the Gravity Model," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 363-368, May.
- Hamilton, C.B. & Winters, L.A., 1992. "Opening Up International Trade in Eastern Europe," Papers 511, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Kleinert, Jorn & Toubal, Farid, 2004.
"The distance puzzle: on the interpretation of the distance coefficient in gravity equations,"
Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 293-298, June.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Kleinert, Jörn & Toubal, Farid, 2003. "The Distance Puzzle: On the Interpretation of the Distance Coefficient in Gravity Equations," Kiel Working Papers 1159, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Claudia Buch & Jörn Kleinert & Farid Toubal, 2004. "The Distance Puzzle: On the Interpretation of the Distance Coefficient in Gravity Equations," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00311582, HAL.
- Luca De Benedictis & Roberta De Santis & Claudio Vicarelli, 2005.
"Hub-and-Spoke or else? Free trade agreements in the 'enlarged' European Union,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 2(2), pages 245-260, December.
- Luca De Benedictis & Roberta De Santis & Claudio Vicarelli, 2005. "Hub-and-Spoke or else? Free trade agreements in the “enlarged” European Union," ISAE Working Papers 52, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Greenaway, David & Milner, Chris, 2002. "Regionalism and Gravity," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 49(5), pages 574-585, December.
- Brenton, Paul & Gros, Daniel, 1997. "Trade Reorientation and Recovery in Transition Economies," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 65-76, Summer.
- Baldwin, Richard E., 1997. "Comment on Gros and Gonciarz," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 187-188, February.
- Patrick Artus & André Cartapanis & Lionel Fontagné, 1999. "L'élargissement de l'Union européenne en Europe centrale : les enjeux," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 50(6), pages 1095-1099.
- Laura Márquez-Ramos & Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso, 2005. "Does Heterogeneity Matter In The Context Of The Gravity Model?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(17), pages 1-7.
- Robert C. Feenstra & James R. Markusen & Andrew K. Rose, 2001. "Using the gravity equation to differentiate among alternative theories of trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(2), pages 430-447, May.
- Egger, Peter, 2000.
"A note on the proper econometric specification of the gravity equation,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 25-31, January.
- Peter Egger, 1999. "A Note on the Proper Econometric Specification of the Gravity Equation," WIFO Working Papers 108, WIFO.
- Gros, Daniel & Gonciarz, Andrzej, 1996. "A note on the trade potential of Central and Eastern Europe," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 709-721, December.
- Boughanmi, Houcine, 2008. "The Trade Potential of the Arab Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC): A Gravity Model Approach," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 42-56.
- Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2003. "The proper panel econometric specification of the gravity equation: A three-way model with bilateral interaction effects," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 571-580, July.
- Peter Egger, 2002.
"An Econometric View on the Estimation of Gravity Models and the Calculation of Trade Potentials,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 297-312, February.
- Peter Egger, 2001. "An Econometric View on the Estimation of Gravity Models and the Calculation of Trade Potentials," WIFO Working Papers 141, WIFO.
- Christos Papazoglou & Eric J. Pentecost & Helena Marques, 2006. "A Gravity Model Forecast of the Potential Trade Effects of EU Enlargement: Lessons from 2004 and Path-dependency in Integration," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(8), pages 1077-1089, August.
- Wang, Zhen Kun & Winters, L. Alan, 1991. "The Trading Potential of Eastern Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 610, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nilsson, Lars, 2000. "Trade integration and the EU economic membership criteria," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 807-827, November.
- Brenton, Paul & Di Mauro, Francesca, 1999. "The Potential Magnitude and Impact of FDI flows to CEECs," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 14, pages 59-74.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uri Dadush, 2015. "Economic integration in the time of turmoil," Policy notes & Policy briefs 1515, OCP Policy Center.
- P. Montalbano & S. Nenci, 2014.
"Assessing the trade impact of the European Neighbourhood Policy on the EU-MED Free Trade Area,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(7), pages 730-740, March.
- Pierluigi Montalbano & Silvia Nenci, 2012. "Assessing the Trade Impact of the European Neighborhood Policy on EU-MED Free Trade Area," Working Paper Series 3112, Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School.
- Pierluigi Montalbano & Silvia Nenci, 2012. "Assessing the Trade Impact of the European Neighborhood Policy on EU-MED Free Trade Area," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0147, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- E. Mine Cinar & Joseph Johnson & Katherine Geusz, 2016. "Estimating Chinese Trade Relationships with the Silk Road Countries," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 24(1), pages 85-103, January.
- Rym Ayadi & Luc De Wulf & Moez El Elj & Michael Gasiorek & Ahmed Ghoneim & Javier Lopez Gonzalez & Selen Guerin & Peter Holmes & Hammad Kassal & Maryla Maliszewska & Mahmut Tekce, 2009. "Economic Integration in the Euro-Mediterranean Region," CASE Network Reports 0089, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Ruhul Salim & Shahriar Kabir, 2010. "The Immediate Impact Of Euro On Intra-Regional Trade: An Event Study Approach," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 35(3), pages 43-55, September.
- Sekkat, Khalid, 2012. "Manufactured Exports and FDI in Southern Mediterranean Countries: Evolution, determinants and prospects," CEPS Papers 6849, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Andreas Breitenfellner & Jesus Crespo Cuaresma & Peter Mooslechner & Doris Ritzberger-Grünwald, 2008. "The Impact of EU Enlargement in 2004 and 2007 on FDI and Migration Flows Gravity Analysis of Factor Mobility," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 2, pages 101-120.
- Alessandro Romagnoli & Luisa Mengoni, 2009. "The challenge of economic integration in the MENA region: from GAFTA and EU-MFTA to small scale Arab Unions," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 69-83, May.
- Harb George, 2010. "Communication Infrastructures, Institutional Efficiency and EU-Arab Trade: Assessment and Implications," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 6(2), pages 49-73, November.
- repec:ags:polpwa:266499 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ebaidalla Mahjoub Ebaidalla, 2016. "Trade between Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia: Prospects and Challenges for Trilateral Trade Integration," Working Papers 1057, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsEU eastward enlargement; MED agreements; gravity equation; trade potential;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
- P45 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - International Linkages
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2005-11-19 (European Economics)
- NEP-INT-2005-11-19 (International Trade)
- NEP-TRA-2005-11-19 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp1829. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.