Monopolistic competition in general equilibrium: Beyond the CES
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Evgeny Zhelobodko & Sergey Kokovin & Mathieu Parenti & Jacques-François Thisse, 2011. "Monopolistic Competition in General Equilibrium: Beyond the CES," CREA Discussion Paper Series 11-03, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Evgeny Zhelobodko & Sergey Kokovin & Mathieu Parenti & Jacques-François Thisse, 2011. "Monopolistic Competition in General Equilibrium: Beyond the CES," Discussion Paper Series DP2011-16, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- ZHELOBODKO, Evgeny & KOKOVIN, Sergey & PARENTI, Mathieu & THISSE, Jean - François, 2011. "Monopolistic competition in general equilibrium: beyond the CES," CORE Discussion Papers 2011010, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
References listed on IDEAS
- Benassy, Jean-Pascal, 1996. "Taste for variety and optimum production patterns in monopolistic competition," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 41-47, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Igor Bykadorov & Andrea Ellero & Stefania Funari & Sergey Kokovin & Pavel Molchanov, 2016. "Painful Birth of Trade Under Classical Monopolistic Competition," HSE Working papers WP BRP 132/EC/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang & Yu, Linhui, 2011. "Agglomeration and Markup," MPRA Paper 38974, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2012.
- Claudia Steinwender, 2015. "The Roles of Import Competition and Export Opportunities for Technical Change," CEP Discussion Papers dp1334, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Costas Arkolakis & Arnaud Costinot & Dave Donaldson & Andrés Rodríguez-Clare, 2015. "The Elusive Pro-Competitive Effects of Trade," NBER Working Papers 21370, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paolo Bertoletti & Federico Etro, 2014. "Pricing to market in the Krugman model," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(1), pages 459-468.
- Zhelobodko, E. & Sidorov, A. & Thisse, J.-F., 2013. "Monopolistic Competition vs Oligopoly in the "Large Economy": How Much Is Difference?," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 10-26.
- Igor A. Bykadorov & Alexey A. Gorn & Sergey G. Kokovin & Evgeny V. Zhelobodko, 2014. "Losses From Trade In Krugman’s Model: Almost Impossible," HSE Working papers WP BRP 61/EC/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Parenti, Mathieu & Sidorov, Alexander & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2014. "Revisiting Cournot and Bertrand in the presence of income effects," MPRA Paper 69641, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Steinwender, Claudia, 2015. "The roles of import competition and export opportunities for technical change," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 61154, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mathieu Parenti & Alexander V. Sidorov & Jacques-François Thisse & Evgeny V. Zhelobodko, 2017.
"Cournot, Bertrand or Chamberlin: Toward a reconciliation,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 13(1), pages 29-45, March.
- Parenti, Mathieu & Sidorov, Alexander & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Zhelobodko, Evgeny, 2015. "Cournot, Bertrand or Chamberlin: Toward a reconciliation," MPRA Paper 69640, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- PARENTI, Mathieu & SIDOROV, Alexander V. & THISSE, Jacques-François & ZHELOBODKO, Evgeny V., 2016. "Cournot, Bertrand or Chamberlin: Toward a Reconciliation," CORE Discussion Papers 2016005, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Robert C. Feenstra, 2014. "Restoring the Product Variety and Pro-competitive Gains from Trade with Heterogeneous Firms and Bounded Productivity," NBER Working Papers 19833, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yoshitsugu Kanemoto, 2012. "Cost-Benefit Analysis in Monopolistic Competition Models of Urban Agglomeration," GRIPS Discussion Papers 12-04, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Vladimir Matveenkov, 2012. "Structure of Equilibria in a Model of Endogenous Growth with Horizontal Innovations," DEGIT Conference Papers c017_051, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
More about this item
Keywordsmonopolistic competition; additive preferences; love for variety; heterogeneous firms; concurrence monopolistique; préférences additives; préférence pour la variété; firmes hétérogènes;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-03-12 (Central Banking)
- NEP-COM-2011-03-12 (Industrial Competition)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:psewpa:halshs-00566431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .