Monopolistic competition in general equilibrium: beyond the CES
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Evgeny Zhelobodko & Sergey Kokovin & Mathieu Parenti & Jacques-François Thisse, 2011. "Monopolistic Competition in General Equilibrium: Beyond the CES," CREA Discussion Paper Series 11-03, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Evgeny Zhelobodko & Sergey Kokovin & Mathieu Parenti & Jacques-François Thisse, 2011. "Monopolistic Competition in General Equilibrium: Beyond the CES," Discussion Paper Series DP2011-16, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Evgeny Zhelobodko & Sergey Kokovin & Mathieu Parenti & Jacques-François Thisse, 2011. "Monopolistic competition in general equilibrium: Beyond the CES," PSE Working Papers halshs-00566431, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Benassy, Jean-Pascal, 1996. "Taste for variety and optimum production patterns in monopolistic competition," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 41-47, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Feenstra, Robert C., 2018.
"Restoring the product variety and pro-competitive gains from trade with heterogeneous firms and bounded productivity,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 16-27.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 2014. "Restoring the Product Variety and Pro-competitive Gains from Trade with Heterogeneous Firms and Bounded Productivity," NBER Working Papers 19833, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paolo Bertoletti & Federico Etro, 2014. "Pricing to market in the Krugman model," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(1), pages 459-468.
- Zhelobodko, E. & Sidorov, A. & Thisse, J.-F., 2013. "Monopolistic Competition vs Oligopoly in the "Large Economy": How Much Is Difference?," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 10-26.
- Yoshitsugu Kanemoto, 2012. "Cost-Benefit Analysis in Monopolistic Competition Models of Urban Agglomeration," GRIPS Discussion Papers 12-04, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Igor Bykadorov & Andrea Ellero & Stefania Funari & Sergey Kokovin & Pavel Molchanov, 2016. "Painful Birth of Trade Under Classical Monopolistic Competition," HSE Working papers WP BRP 132/EC/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Igor A. Bykadorov & Alexey A. Gorn & Sergey G. Kokovin & Evgeny V. Zhelobodko, 2014. "Losses From Trade In Krugman’s Model: Almost Impossible," HSE Working papers WP BRP 61/EC/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Steinwender, Claudia, 2015. "The roles of import competition and export opportunities for technical change," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 61154, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Costas Arkolakis & Arnaud Costinot & Dave Donaldson & Andrés Rodríguez-Clare, 2015. "The Elusive Pro-Competitive Effects of Trade," NBER Working Papers 21370, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mathieu Parenti & Alexander V. Sidorov & Jacques-François Thisse & Evgeny V. Zhelobodko, 2017.
"Cournot, Bertrand or Chamberlin: Toward a reconciliation,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 13(1), pages 29-45, March.
- Parenti, Mathieu & Sidorov, Alexander & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Zhelobodko, Evgeny, 2015. "Cournot, Bertrand or Chamberlin: Toward a reconciliation," MPRA Paper 69640, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- PARENTI, Mathieu & SIDOROV, Alexander V. & THISSE, Jacques-François & ZHELOBODKO, Evgeny V., 2016. "Cournot, Bertrand or Chamberlin: Toward a Reconciliation," CORE Discussion Papers 2016005, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang & Yu, Linhui, 2011. "Agglomeration and Markup," MPRA Paper 38974, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2012.
- Parenti, Mathieu & Sidorov, Alexander & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2014. "Revisiting Cournot and Bertrand in the presence of income effects," MPRA Paper 69641, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claudia Steinwender, 2015. "The Roles of Import Competition and Export Opportunities for Technical Change," CEP Discussion Papers dp1334, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Vladimir Matveenkov, 2012. "Structure of Equilibria in a Model of Endogenous Growth with Horizontal Innovations," DEGIT Conference Papers c017_051, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
More about this item
Keywordsmonopolistic competition; additive preferences; love for variety; heterogeneous firms;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-05-14 (Central Banking)
- NEP-COM-2011-05-14 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2011-05-14 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2011010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.