Exporing growth linkages and market opportunities for agriculture in Southern Africa:
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Diao, Xinshen, 2008. "Exploring Growth Linkages and Market Opportunities for Agriculture in Southern Africa," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 104-137.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hertel, Thomas & Hummels, David & Ivanic, Maros & Keeney, Roman, 2007.
"How confident can we be of CGE-based assessments of Free Trade Agreements?,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 611-635, July.
- Hertel, Thomas & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2003. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," GTAP Working Papers 1324, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Thomas Hertel & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2004. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," NBER Working Papers 10477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thurlow, James & Wobst, Peter, 2004. "The road to pro-poor growth in Zambia," DSGD discussion papers 16, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Vivek B. Arora & Athanasios Vamvakidis, 2005. "The Implications of South African Economic Growth for the Rest of Africa," IMF Working Papers 05/58, International Monetary Fund.
- Imre Fert– & L. J. Hubbard, 2003. "Revealed Comparative Advantage and Competitiveness in Hungarian Agri-Food Sectors," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 247-259, February.
- Vivek Arora & Athanasios Vamvakidis, 2005. "The Implications Of South African Economic Growth For The Rest Of Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 73(2), pages 229-242, June.
- Gallaway, Michael P. & McDaniel, Christine A. & Rivera, Sandra A., 2003. "Short-run and long-run industry-level estimates of U.S. Armington elasticities," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 49-68, March.
- Radelet, S., 1997. "Regional Integration and Cooperation in Sub-Saharan Africa: Are Formal Trade Agreements the Right Strategy?," Papers 592, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Jonathan Kydd & Andrew Dorward & Jamie Morrison & Georg Cadisch, 2004.
"Agricultural development and pro-poor economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa: potential and policy,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(1), pages 37-57.
- Kydd, Jonathan & Dorward, Andrew & Morrison, Jamie & Cadisch, Georg, 2002. "Agricultural Development And Pro Poor Economic Growth In Sub Saharan Africa: Potential And Policy," ADU Working Papers 10920, Imperial College at Wye, Department of Agricultural Sciences.
- Alemayehu Geda & Haile Kebret, 2008.
"Regional Economic Integration in Africa: A Review of Problems and Prospects with a Case Study of COMESA,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 17(3), pages 357-394, June.
- Alemayehu Geda & Haile Kibret, 2002. "Regional Economic Integration in Africa: A Review of Problems and Prospects with a Case Study of COMESA," Working Papers 125, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Diao, Xinshen & Dorosh, Paul A. & Rahman, Shaikh Mahfuzur, 2003. "Market opportunities for African agriculture," DSGD discussion papers 1, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dave D. Weatherspoon & Thomas Reardon, 2003. "The Rise of Supermarkets in Africa: Implications for Agrifood Systems and the Rural Poor," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 21, pages 333-355, May.
- Xiao-guang Zhang, 2006. "Armington Elasticities and Terms of Trade Effects in Global CGE Models," Staff Working Papers 0601, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia.
- Adelman, Irma, 1984. "Beyond export-led growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(9), pages 937-949, September.
- Diao, Xinshen & Yanoma, Yukitsugu, 2003. "Exploring regional dynamics in Sub-Saharan African agriculture," DSGD discussion papers 2, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Roberto Longo & Khalid Sekkat, 2001. "Obstacles to Expanding Intra-African Trade," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 169, OECD Publishing.
- Reimer, Jeff & Hertel, Thomas, 2003.
"International Cross Section Estimates of Demand for Use in the GTAP Model,"
GTAP Working Papers
1190, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Reimer, Jeff & Thomas Hertel, 2004. "International Cross Section Estimates of Demand for Use in the GTAP Model," GTAP Technical Papers 1647, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Block, S. & Timmer, C.P., 1995. "Agriculture and Economic Growth: Conceptual Issues and the Keynian Experience," Papers 498, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Adelman, Irma, 1984. "Beyond export-led growth," CUDARE Working Paper Series 309, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Busse, Matthias, 2003. "Tariffs, Transport Costs and the WTO Doha Round: The Case of Developing Countries," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 4(1).
- C. L. G. Bell & P. B. R. Hazell, 1980. "Measuring the Indirect Effects of an Agricultural Investment Project on Its Surrounding Region," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(1), pages 75-86.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johnson, M., 2014. "Exploring strategic priorities for regional agricultural research and development investments in Southern Africa," IWMI Working Papers H046297, International Water Management Institute.
- Diao, Xinshen & Dorosh, Paul A. & Rahman, Shaikh Mahfuzur, 2007. "Market opportunities for African agriculture: A General Equilibrium examination of demand-side constraints on agricultural growth in East and Southern Africa," Research reports 154, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- UNDP Regional Bureau for Africa, "undated". "Agriculture, Rural Poverty and Income Inequality in sub-Saharan Africa," UNDP Africa Policy Notes 2017-05, United Nations Development Programme, Regional Bureau for Africa.
- Shenggen Fan & Joanna Brzeska, 2015. "The Nexus between Agriculture and Nutrition: Do Growth Patterns and Conditional Factors Matter?," Working Papers id:7519, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional trade; General equilibrium model; Regional integration; Agricultural productivity; Grain production;
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-03-24 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2007-03-24 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-03-24 (Development)
- NEP-INT-2007-03-24 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:dsgddp:42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .