Regional Economic Integration in Africa: A Review of Problems and Prospects with a Case Study of COMESA
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alemayehu Geda & Haile Kebret, 2008. "Regional Economic Integration in Africa: A Review of Problems and Prospects with a Case Study of COMESA," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 17(3), pages 357-394, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Foroutan, Faezeh & Pritchett, Lant, 1993.
"Intra-sub-Saharan African Trade: Is It Too Little?,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 2(1), pages 74-105, May.
- Foroutan, Faezeh & Pritchett, Lant, 1993. "Intra - Sub - Saharan African trade : is it too little?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1225, The World Bank.
- Kemp, Murray C. & Wan, Henry Jr., 1976. "An elementary proposition concerning the formation of customs unions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 95-97, February.
- Weeks, John & Subasat, Turan, 1998. "The potential for agricultural trade among Eastern and Southern African countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 73-88, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simwaka, Kisu, 2006. "Dynamics of Malawi’s trade flows: a gravity model approach," MPRA Paper 1122, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kumar, Saten & Sen, Rahul & Srivastava, Sadhana, 2014.
"Does economic integration stimulate capital mobility? An analysis of four regional economic communities in Africa,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 33-50.
- Saten Kumar & Rahul Sen & Sadhana Srivastava, 2014. "Does Economic Integration Stimulate Capital Mobility? An Analysis of Four Regional Economic Communities in Africa," Working Papers 2014-05, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Ioannis N. Kessides, 2012.
"Regionalising Infrastructure for Deepening Market Integration: The Case of East Africa,"
Journal of Infrastructure Development,
India Development Foundation, vol. 4(2), pages 115-138, December.
- Kessides, Ioannis N. & Benjamin, Nancy C., 2012. "Regionalizing infrastructure for deepening market integration: the case of East Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6113, The World Bank.
- Thierry Verdier, 2010.
"Regional Integration, Fragility and Institution Building: An Analytical Framework Applied to the African Context,"
EUI-RSCAS Working Papers
38, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Thierry Verdier, 2010. "Regional Integration, Fragility and Institution Building: An Analytical Framework Applied to the African Context," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/38, European University Institute.
- FE, Doukouré Charles, 2011.
"Qualité des Institutions et Commerce International: Évidence à Partir des Exportations de l'UEMOA
[Institutions Quality and International Trade: Evidence from WAEMU Exports]," MPRA Paper 33333, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yabibal M. Walle, 2014. "Revisiting the Finance–Growth Nexus in Sub-Saharan Africa: Results from Error Correction-based Panel Cointegration Tests," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 26(2), pages 310-321, June.
- Gregory N. Price & Juliet U. Elu, 2014. "Does regional currency integration ameliorate global macroeconomic shocks in sub-Saharan Africa? The case of the 2008-2009 global financial crisis," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 41(5), pages 737-750, September.
- Steven Buigut, 2016. "Trade Effects of the East African Community Customs Union: Hype Versus Reality," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 84(3), pages 422-439, September.
- Lisa Borgatti, 2011. "Economic Integration in Sub-Saharan Africa," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume I, chapter 20 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lohi Julie, 2013. "The Implications of HO and IRS Theories in Bilateral Trade Flows within Sub-Saharan Africa," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 175-202, September.
- Adama BAH & Sampawende Jules TAPSOBA, 2010. "Civil Conflicts and Regional Economic Integration Outcomes in Africa," Working Papers 201009, CERDI.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Diao, Xinshen, 2008.
"Exploring Growth Linkages and Market Opportunities for Agriculture in Southern Africa,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 104-137.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Diao, Xinshen, 2006. "Exporing growth linkages and market opportunities for agriculture in Southern Africa:," DSGD discussion papers 42, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Guisan, M.C. & Exposito, P., 2005. "Human Capital and Economic Development in Africa: An Econometric Analysis for 1950-2002," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 5(1), pages 129-142.
- Lubinga, Moses H., 2009. "Factors Affecting Uganda's Bilateral Trade Flows: An Application of the Gravity Flow Model," Research Theses 157593, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Abate, Megersa, 2016. "Economic effects of air transport market liberalization in Africa," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 326-337.
- Giorgia Giovannetti & Marco Sanfilippo, 2009. "Do Chinese Exports Crowd-out African Goods? An Econometric Analysis by Country and Sector," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 21(4), pages 506-530, September.
- Sylvanus Kwaku Afesorgbor, 2013. "Revisiting the Effectiveness of African Economic Integration. A Meta-Analytic Review and Comparative Estimation Methods," Economics Working Papers 2013-13, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- AfDB AfDB, 2005. "Working Paper 77 - Enhancing Africa’s Trade: From Marginalization to an Export - Led Approach to Development," Working Paper Series 2291, African Development Bank.
- Bonga-Bonga, Lumengo & Mabe, Queen Magadi, 2016. "How financially integrated are trading blocs in Africa?," MPRA Paper 75716, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- AfDB AfDB, 2005. "Working Paper 77 - Enhancing Africa’s Trade: From Marginalization to an Export - Led Approach to Development," Working Paper Series 2211, African Development Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:soa:wpaper:125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duo QIN). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desoauk.html .