Market opportunities for African agriculture
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Diao, Xinshen & Roe, Terry & Yeldan, Erinc, 1999.
"Strategic policies and growth: an applied model of R&D-driven endogenous growth,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 343-380, December.
- Xinshen Diao & Terry Roe & Erinc Yeldan, 1998. "Strategic Policies and Growth : An Applied Model of R&D-Driven Endogenous Growth," Working Papers 9801, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
- Winnie Mitullah, 2000. "Food Safety Requirements and Food Exports from Developing Countries: The Case of Fish Exports from Kenya to the European Union," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1159-1169.
- Haggblade, Steven & Hazell, Peter & Brown, James, 1989. "Farm-nonfarm linkages in rural sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(8), pages 1173-1201, August.
- Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Dorosh, Paul A., 2003. "Technological change and price effects in agriculture," MTID discussion papers 62, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Adelman, Irma, 1984. "Beyond export-led growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(9), pages 937-949, September.
- Dorosh, Paul A., 2001. "Trade Liberalization and National Food Security: Rice Trade between Bangladesh and India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 673-689, April.
- Barrett, C. B. & Reardon, T. & Webb, P., 2001. "Nonfarm income diversification and household livelihood strategies in rural Africa: concepts, dynamics, and policy implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 315-331, August.
- Adelman, Irma, 1984. "Beyond export-led growth," CUDARE Working Paper Series 309, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- C. L. G. Bell & P. B. R. Hazell, 1980. "Measuring the Indirect Effects of an Agricultural Investment Project on Its Surrounding Region," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(1), pages 75-86.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Douillet, Mathilde, 2012. "Trade policies and agricultural exports of Sub-Saharan African countries: Some stylized facts and perspectives," MPRA Paper 40962, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bumb, Balu L. & Johnson, Michael E. & Fuentes, Porfirio A., 2011. "Policy options for improving regional fertilizer markets in West Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 1084, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vandeplas, Anneleen & Maertens, Miet, 2007. "Governance and Surplus Distribution in Commodity Value Chains in Africa," 106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France 7950, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Diao, Xinshen & Bahta, Yonas, 2009. "How important is a regional free trade area for Southern Africa?: Potential impacts and structural constraints," IFPRI discussion papers 888, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Diao, Xinshen & Dorosh, Paul A. & Rahman, Shaikh Mahfuzur, 2007. "Market opportunities for African agriculture: A General Equilibrium examination of demand-side constraints on agricultural growth in East and Southern Africa," Research reports 154, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Olwande, John & Mathenge, Mary K., 2012. "Market Participation among Poor Rural Households in Kenya," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126711, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Magreta, Ruth & Magombo, Tennyson & Zingore, Shamie, 2010. "When the Weak Win: Role of Farmer Groups in Influencing Agricultural Policy Outcome; a Case of Nkhate Irrigation Scheme in Malawi," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 97043, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Diao, Xinshen & Fan, Shenggen & Headey, Derek & Johnson, Michael & Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Yu, Bingxin, 2008. "Accelerating Africa's food production in response to rising food prices: Impacts and requisite actions," IFPRI discussion papers 825, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Liangzhi You & Michael Johnson, 2010.
"Exploring strategic priorities for regional agricultural R&D investments in East and Central Africa,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(2), pages 177-190, March.
- You, Liangzhi & Johnson, Michael, 2008. "Exploring strategic priorities for regional agricultural R&D investments in East and Central Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 776, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Clemens Breisinger & Xinshen Diao & James Thurlow & Ramatu M. Al Hassan, 2011.
"Potential impacts of a green revolution in Africa—the case of Ghana,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(1), pages 82-102, January.
- Breisinger, Clemens & Diao, Xinshen & Thurlow, James & Al-Hassan, Ramatu M., 2009. "Potential Impacts of a Green Revolution in Africa – the Case of Ghana," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51086, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Diao, Xinshen & Yanoma, Yukitsugu, 2003. "Exploring regional dynamics in Sub-Saharan African agriculture," DSGD discussion papers 2, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- World Bank, 2009. "Macedonia - Moving to Faster and More Inclusive Growth A Country Economic Memorandum : Main Report and Annex," World Bank Other Operational Studies 3067, The World Bank.
- Haggblade, Steven & Longabaugh, Steven & Boughton, Duncan & Dembele, Niama Nango & Diallo, Boubacar Cisse & Staatz, John M. & Tschirley, David L., 2012. "Staple Food Market Sheds in West Africa," Food Security International Development Working Papers 121866, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Diao, Xinshen, 2008.
"Exploring Growth Linkages and Market Opportunities for Agriculture in Southern Africa,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 104-137.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Diao, Xinshen, 2006. "Exporing growth linkages and market opportunities for agriculture in Southern Africa:," DSGD discussion papers 42, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Resnick, Danielle, 2004. "Smallholder African agriculture," DSGD discussion papers 9, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Govereh, Jones & Haggblade, Steven & Nielson, Hunter & Tschirley, David L., 2008. "Maize Market Sheds in Eastern and Southern Africa. Report 1," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55374, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Bahiigwa, Godfrey, 2006. "Access of Eastern African Farmers to Domestic and International Markets: Opportunities and Constraints," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25270, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hishamunda, Nathanael & Ridler, Neil B., 2006. "Farming fish for profits: A small step towards food security in sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 401-414, October.
- Wobst, Peter & Thurlow, James, 2005. "The Road to Pro-Poor Growth in Zambia: Past Lessons and Future Challenges," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 37, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Nijhoff, Jan J., 2009. "Staple Food Trade in the COMESA Region: The Need for a Regional Approach to Stimulate Agricultural Growth and Enhance Food Security," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 62227, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Hazell, Peter B.R., 2007. "Transformations in Agriculture and their Implications for Rural Development," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 4(1).
- Johnson, Michael & Resnick, Danielle, 2004. "Strategic analysis and knowledge support systems for rural development strategies in Sub-Saharan Africa," DSGD discussion papers 14, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Poulton, Colin & Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan, 2010. "The Future of Small Farms: New Directions for Services, Institutions, and Intermediation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1413-1428, October.
- Benin, Samuel & Nkonya, Ephraim & Okecho, Geresom & Pender, John & Nahdy, Silim & Mugarura, Samuel & Kayobyo, Godfrey, 2007. "Assessing the impact of the National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) in the Uganda rural livelihoods:," IFPRI discussion papers 724, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Aklilu, H.A. & Udo, H.M.J. & Almekinders, C.J.M. & Van der Zijpp, A.J., 2008. "How resource poor households value and access poultry: Village poultry keeping in Tigray, Ethiopia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-3), pages 175-183, March.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2004-06-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2004-05-09 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:dsgddp:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.