Labor Market Effects of Credit Constraints: Evidence from a Natural Experiment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barbara A. Butrica & Nadia S. Karamcheva, 2013. "Does Household Debt Influence the Labor Supply and Benefit Claiming Decisions of Older Americans?," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2013-22, Center for Retirement Research.
- Renata Bottazzi & Serena Trucchi & Matthew Wakefield, 2017.
"Labour supply responses to financial wealth shocks: evidence from Italy,"
IFS Working Papers
W17/29, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Renata Bottazzi & Serena Trucchi & Matthew Wakefield, 2019. "Labour Supply Responses to Financial Wealth Shocks: Evidence from in Italy," Working Papers 2019:10, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Rossi, Mariacristina & Trucchi, Serena, 2016. "Liquidity constraints and labor supply," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 176-193.
- Matthew Rabin & Ted O'Donoghue, 1999.
"Doing It Now or Later,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 103-124, March.
- Ted O'Donoghue & Matthew Rabin, 1996. "Doing It Now or Later," Discussion Papers 1172, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- O'Donoghue, Ted & Rabin, Matthew, 1997. "Doing It Now or Later," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7t44m5b0, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Ted O'Donoghue and Matthew Rabin ., 1997. "Doing It Now or Later," Economics Working Papers 97-253, University of California at Berkeley.
- Richard Disney & John Gathergood, 2018.
"House Prices, Wealth Effects and Labour Supply,"
Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 85(339), pages 449-478, July.
- Richard Disney & John Gathergood, 2013. "House Prices, Wealth Effects and Labour Supply," Discussion Papers 13/02, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Richard Disney & John Gathergood, 2015. "House prices wealth effect and labor supply," Discussion Papers 2015/19, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Disney, Richard & Gathergood, John, 2016. "House prices, wealth effects and labour supply," CFS Working Paper Series 556, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Richard Disney & John Gathergood, 2014. "House prices, wealth effects and labor supply," IFS Working Papers W14/25, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hurst, Erik & Stafford, Frank, 2004. "Home Is Where the Equity Is: Mortgage Refinancing and Household Consumption," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(6), pages 985-1014, December.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Sebastian Galiani & Ilan Noy & Juan Pantano, 2013.
"Catastrophic Natural Disasters and Economic Growth,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(5), pages 1549-1561, December.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Sebastian Galiani & Ilan Noy & Juan Pantano, 2010. "Catastrophic Natural Disasters and Economic Growth," Research Department Publications 4671, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Cavallo, Eduardo A. & Noy, Ilan & Pantano, Juan & Galiani, Sebastián, 2011. "Catastrophic Natural Disasters and Economic Growth," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1903, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Sebastian Galiani & Ilan Noy & Juan Pantano, 2010. "Catastrophic Natural Disasters and Economic Growth," Working Papers 201006, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Susan Athey & Mohsen Bayati & Nikolay Doudchenko & Guido Imbens & Khashayar Khosravi, 2017.
"Matrix Completion Methods for Causal Panel Data Models,"
1710.10251, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2020.
- Susan Athey & Mohsen Bayati & Nikolay Doudchenko & Guido Imbens & Khashayar Khosravi, 2018. "Matrix Completion Methods for Causal Panel Data Models," NBER Working Papers 25132, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Meer & Jeremy West, 2013.
"Effects of the Minimum Wage on Employment Dynamics,"
NBER Working Papers
19262, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Meer & Jeremy West, 2015. "Effects of the Minimum Wage on Employment Dynamics," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 15-233, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Fortin, Nicole M, 1995.
"Allocation Inflexibilities, Female Labor Supply, and Housing Assets Accumulation: Are Women Working to Pay the Mortgage?,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(3), pages 524-557, July.
- Fortin, N.M., 1992. "Allocation Inflexibilities , Female Labor Supply and Housing Assets Accumulation: Are Women Working to Pay the Mortagage," Cahiers de recherche 9204, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Fortin, N.M., 1992. "Allocation Inflexibilities , Female Labor Supply and Housing Assets Accumulation: Are Women Working to Pay the Mortagage," Cahiers de recherche 9204, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Renata Bottazzi, 2004. "Labour market participation and mortgage related borrowing constraints," IFS Working Papers W04/09, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Yoshikawa, Hiroshi & Ohtaka, Fumio, 1989. "An analysis of female labor supply, housing demand and the saving rate in Japan," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 997-1023, May.
- Abadie, Alberto & Diamond, Alexis & Hainmueller, Jens, 2010. "Synthetic Control Methods for Comparative Case Studies: Estimating the Effect of Californiaâ€™s Tobacco Control Program," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(490), pages 493-505.
- Kartik B. Athreya, 2008. "Credit access, labor supply, and consumer welfare," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, vol. 94(Win), pages 17-44.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit Constraints and Labor Supply; Synthetic Control with Machine Learning;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- E65 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Studies of Particular Policy Episodes
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BIG-2018-08-20 (Big Data)
- NEP-LMA-2018-08-20 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MAC-2018-08-20 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-URE-2018-08-20 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:feddwp:1810. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.