The Economics of Food Safety in Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Golan, Elise H. & Vogel, Stephen J. & Frenzen, Paul D. & Ralston, Katherine L., 2000. "Tracing The Costs And Benefits Of Improvements In Food Safety: The Case Of Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Point Program For Meat And Poultry," Agricultural Economics Reports 34023, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Unnevehr, Laurian J., 2000.
"Food safety issues and fresh food product exports from LDCs,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 23(3), September.
- Unnevehr, Laurian J., 2000. "Food safety issues and fresh food product exports from LDCs," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 231-240, September.
- Tsunehiro Otsuki & John S. Wilson, 2001. "What price precaution? European harmonisation of aflatoxin regulations and African groundnut exports," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(3), pages 263-284, October.
- Salay, Elisabete & Caswell, Julie A., 1998. "Developments In Brazilian Food Safety Policy," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 1(02).
- Rose-Ackerman, Susan, 1991. "Regulation and the Law of Torts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 54-58, May.
- Johnson, Paa-Nii T. & Yawson, Robert M., 2000. "Enhancing the food security of the peri-urban and urban poor through improvements to the quality, safety and economics of street-vended foods," MPRA Paper 33240, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural economics; Developing countries; Economics; Food hygiene; Food safety; Food technology; Foods; Industry; Maximum residue limits; Quality; Regulations; Safety;
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- O19 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fao:wpaper:0319. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gustavo Anríquez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/faoooit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.