Country Origin of Foreign Direct Investment in Indi an Manufacturing and Its Impact on Productivity of Domestic Firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anagaw Derseh Mebratie & Arjun S. Bedi, 2013.
"Foreign direct investment, black economic empowerment and labour productivity in South Africa,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 103-128, February.
- Mebratie, Anagaw Derseh & Bedi, Arjun S., 2011. "Foreign Direct Investment, Black Economic Empowerment and Labour Productivity in South Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 6048, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Vassilis Monastiriotis & Rodrigo Alegria, 2011. "Origin of FDI and Intra‐Industry Domestic Spillovers: The Case of Greek and European FDI in Bulgaria," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 326-339, May.
- Harris, Richard, 2009.
"Spillover and backward linkage effects of FDI: empirical evidence for the UK,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
33206, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Richard Harris, 2009. "Spillover and Backward Linkage Effects of FDI: Empirical Evidence for the UK," SERC Discussion Papers 0016, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Sasidharan, Subash, 2006.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Technology Spillovers: Evidence from The Indian Manufacturing Sector,"
MERIT Working Papers
010, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Subash Sasidharan, 2006. "Foreign Direct Investment and Technology Spillovers:Evidence from the Indian Manufacturing Sector," Working Papers id:448, eSocialSciences.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- Fredrik Sjoholm, 1999.
"Technology gap, competition and spillovers from direct foreign investment: Evidence from establishment data,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 53-73.
- Sjöholm, Fredrik, 1997. "Technology Gap, Competition and Spillovers from Direct Foreign Investment: Evidence from Establishment Data," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 212, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Ari Kokko & Ruben Tansini & Mario Zejan, 1996. "Local technological capability and productivity spillovers from FDI in the Uruguayan manufacturing sector," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 602-611.
- Patrik Karpaty, 2007. "Productivity Effects of Foreign Acquisitions in Swedish Manufacturing: The FDI Productivity Issue Revisited," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 241-260.
- Eichler, Martin & Lechner, Michael, 2002.
"An evaluation of public employment programmes in the East German State of Sachsen-Anhalt,"
Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 143-186, April.
- Eichler, Martin & Lechner, Michael, 1999. "An Evaluation of Public Employment Programmes in the East German State of Sachsen-Anhalt," IZA Discussion Papers 94, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pfaffermayr, Michael & Bellak, Christian, 2000.
"Why Foreign-Owned Firms are Different: A Conceptual Framework and Empirical Evidence for Austria,"
Discussion Paper Series
26372, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- Pfaffermayr, Michael & Bellak, Christian, 2000. "Why foreign-owned firms are different: A conceptual framework and empirical evidence for Austria," HWWA Discussion Papers 115, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Smruti Ranjan Behera & Pami Dua & Bishwanath Goldar, 2012.
"Foreign Direct Investment And Technology Spillover: Evidence Across Indian Manufacturing Industries,"
The Singapore Economic Review (SER),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 57(02), pages 1-23.
- Smruti Ranjan Behera & Pami Dua & Bishwanath Goldar, 2012. "Foreign Direct Investment And Technology Spillover---Evidence Across Indian Manufacturing Industries," Working papers 207, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Annika Bergman, 2006. "FDI and Spillover Effects in the Indian Pharmaceutical Industry," Finance Working Papers 22084, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Haidar, Jamal Ibrahim, 2012.
"Trade and productivity: Self-selection or learning-by-exporting in India,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1766-1773.
- Jamal Ibrahim Haidar, 2012. "Trade and productivity: self-selection or learning-by-exporting in India," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 12046, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Jamal Ibrahim Haidar, 2012. "Trade and Productivity: Self-Selection or Learning-by-Exporting in India," Working Paper 309961, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Jamal Ibrahim Haidar, 2012. "Trade and productivity: self-selection or learning-by-exporting in India," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00717624, HAL.
- Havranek, Tomas & Irsova, Zuzana, 2011. "Estimating vertical spillovers from FDI: Why results vary and what the true effect is," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 234-244.
- Ari Kokko, 1996. "Productivity spillovers from competition between local firms and foreign affiliates," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 517-530.
- Petrin, Amil & Poi, Brian P. & Levinsohn, James, 2004. "Production function estimation in Stata using inputs to control for unobservables," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(2), pages 1-11.
- Noor Aini Khalifah & Radziah Adam, 2009. "Productivity Spillovers from FDI in Malaysian Manufacturing: Evidence from Micro-panel Data ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 143-167, June.
- Amil Petrin & Brian P. Poi & James Levinsohn, 2004. "Production function estimation in Stata using inputs to control for unobservables," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(2), pages 113-123, June.
- Jordaan, Jacob A., 2008. "Intra- and Inter-industry Externalities from Foreign Direct Investment in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector: New Evidence from Mexican Regions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2838-2854, December.
- John P. Weche Geluebcke, 2015. "The impact of foreign takeovers: comparative evidence from foreign and domestic acquisitions in Germany," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(8), pages 739-755, February.
- Qing Liu & Ruosi Lu & Larry D. Qiu, 2017. "Foreign Acquisitions and Target Firms' Performance in China," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 2-20, January.
- Ito, Banri & Yashiro, Naomitsu & Xu, Zhaoyuan & Chen, XiaoHong & Wakasugi, Ryuhei, 2012.
"How do Chinese industries benefit from FDI spillovers?,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 342-356.
- ITO Banri & YASHIRO Naomitsu & XU Zhaoyuan & CHEN Xiaohong & WAKASUGI Ryuhei, 2010. "How Do Chinese Industries Benefit from FDI Spillovers?," Discussion papers 10026, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Siedschlag Iulia & Kaitila Ville & McQuinn John & Zhang Xiaoheng, 2014.
"International Investment and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Small Open Economies,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 234(6), pages 662-687, December.
- Kaitila, Ville & McQuinn, John & Siedschlag, Iulia & Zhang, Xiaoheng, 2013. "International Investment and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Small Open Economies," ETLA Reports 6, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Xu, Xinpeng & Sheng, Yu, 2012. "Productivity Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment: Firm-Level Evidence from China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 62-74.
- Cheryl Xiaoning Long & Galina Hale & Hirotaka Miura, 2014. "Productivity Spillovers from FDI in the People's Republic of China: A Nuanced View," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 31(2), pages 77-108, September.
- Behera, Smruti Ranjan Behera & Dua, Pami Dua & Goldar, Bishwanath Goldar, 2012. "Technology Spillover of Foreign Direct Investment: An Analysis of Different Clusters in India," MPRA Paper 43840, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bikash Ranjan Mishra, Dr., 2011. "Spill-over effects of foreign direct investment: an econometric study of Indian firms," MPRA Paper 37759, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Subash Sasidharan & A. Ramanathan, 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment and spillovers: evidence from Indian manufacturing," International Journal of Trade and Global Markets, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 5-22.
- Binyam A. Demena & Peter A. G. van Bergeijk, 2017. "A Meta-Analysis Of Fdi And Productivity Spillovers In Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(2), pages 546-571, April.
- Pritish Kumar Sahu & Sakiru Adebola Solarin, 2014. "Does higher productivity and efficiency lead to spillover? evidence from Indian manufacturing," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 48(3), pages 175-193, July-Sept.
- Jamal Ibrahim Haidar, 2012. "Trade and productivity: self-selection or learning-by-exporting in India," Post-Print halshs-00717624, HAL.
- Gary H. Jefferson & Miao Ouyang, 2014. "FDI spillovers in China: why do the research findings differ so much?," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 1-27, February.
- James Levinsohn & Amil Petrin, 2003. "Estimating Production Functions Using Inputs to Control for Unobservables," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(2), pages 317-341.
- repec:taf:jitecd:v:22:y:2013:i:1:p:94-115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abraham, Filip & Konings, Jozef & Slootmaekers, Veerle, 2007. "FDI Spillovers in the Chinese Manufacturing Sector: Evidence of firm heterogeneity," CEPR Discussion Papers 6573, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yan Zhang & Haiyang Li & Yu Li & Li‐An Zhou, 2010. "FDI spillovers in an emerging market: the role of foreign firms' country origin diversity and domestic firms' absorptive capacity," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(9), pages 969-989, September.
- Vinish Kathuria, 2001. "Foreign firms, technology transfer and knowledge spillovers to Indian manufacturing firms: a stochastic frontier analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 625-642.
- Chen, Wenjie, 2011. "The effect of investor origin on firm performance: Domestic and foreign direct investment in the United States," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 219-228, March.
- Richard Harris & Catherine Robinson, 2003. "Foreign Ownership and Productivity in the United Kingdom Estimates for U.K. Manufacturing Using the ARD," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 22(3), pages 207-223, May.
- Mita Bhattacharya & Jong-Rong Chen & V. Pradeep Author-X-Name- V, 2008. "Productivity Spillovers In Indian Manufacturing Firms," Monash Economics Working Papers 30/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Manoj Pant & Sangeeta Mondal, "undated". "FDI, Technology Transfer and Spillover —A Case Study of India," Centre for International Trade and Development, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi Discussion Papers 10-04, Centre for International Trade and Development, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
More about this item
KeywordsTotal factor Productivity; FDI; Manufacturing Industry; Productivity; Domestic Firms;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:12730. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.