Productivity Effects of Foreign Acquisitions in Swedish Manufacturing: The FDI Productivity Issue Revisited
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars, 2001. "Investment Liberalization - Who Benefits from Cross-Border Mergers & Acquisitions?," Working Paper Series 569, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Olivier Bertrand & Habib Zitouna, 2008.
"Domestic versus cross-border acquisitions: which impact on the target firms' performance?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(17), pages 2221-2238.
- Bertrand, Olivier & Zitouna, Habib, 2005. "Domestic versus Cross-Border Acquisitions: Which Impact on the Target Frims' Performance?," Working Paper Series 647, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- James Heckman & Salvador Navarro-Lozano, 2004.
"Using Matching, Instrumental Variables, and Control Functions to Estimate Economic Choice Models,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 30-57, February.
- Heckman, James & Navarro-Lozano, Salvador, 2003. "Using matching, instrumental variables and control functions to estimate economic choice models," Working Paper Series 2003:4, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- James J. Heckman & Salvador Navarro-Lozano, 2003. "Using Matching, Instrumental Variables and Control Functions to Estimate Economic Choice Models," NBER Working Papers 9497, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James J. & Navarro, Salvador, 2003. "Using Matching, Instrumental Variables and Control Functions to Estimate Economic Choice Models," IZA Discussion Papers 768, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John P. Weche Geluebcke, 2012. "Foreign and Domestic Takeovers in Germany: First Comparative Evidence on the Post-acquisition Target Performance using new Data," Working Paper Series in Economics 249, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Adriana Peluffo, 2015.
"Foreign Direct Investment, Productivity, Demand for Skilled Labour and Wage Inequality: An Analysis of Uruguay,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(6), pages 962-983, June.
- Adriana Peluffo, 2013. "Foreign direct investment, productivity, demand for skilled labour and wage inequality: an analysis for Uruguay," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 13-02, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
- Wagner, Joachim, 2011.
"Productivity and International Firm Activities: What Do We Know?,"
IZA Policy Papers
23, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joachim Wagner, 2011. "Productivity and International Firm Activities: What do we know?," Working Paper Series in Economics 194, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Roger Bandick & Patrik Karpaty, "undated".
"Foreign Acquisition and Employment Effects in Swedish Manufacturing,"
07/35, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Bandick, Roger & Karpaty, Patrick, 2007. "Foregin Acquisition and Employment Effects in Swedish Manufacturing," Working Papers 2007:10, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Siedschlag Iulia & Kaitila Ville & McQuinn John & Zhang Xiaoheng, 2014.
"International Investment and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Small Open Economies,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 234(6), pages 662-687, December.
- Kaitila, Ville & McQuinn, John & Siedschlag, Iulia & Zhang, Xiaoheng, 2013. "International Investment and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Small Open Economies," ETLA Reports 6, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Kokko Ari & Söderlund Bengt & Tingvall Patrik Gustavsson, 2014.
"Redirecting International Trade: Contracts, Conflicts, and Institutions,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 234(6), pages 688-721, December.
- Kokko, Ari & Söderlund, Bengt & Gustavsson Tingvall, Patrik, 2013. "Redirecting International Trade: Contracts, Conflicts, and Institutions," Ratio Working Papers 226, The Ratio Institute.
- Jude, Cristina, 2012. "FDI, Productivity and Wages. New Evidence from a Romanian Matched Sample," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 36-55, December.
- John P. Weche Gelübcke, 2013.
"Foreign and Domestic Takeovers in Germany: Cherry-picking and Lemon-grabbing,"
Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik),
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 59(4), pages 275-294.
- John P. Weche Geluebcke, 2012. "Foreign and Domestic Takeovers in Germany: Cherry-picking and Lemon-grabbing," Working Paper Series in Economics 240, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- James Foreman-Peck & Tom Nicholls, 2013. "SME takeovers as a contributor to regional productivity gaps," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 359-378, August.
- Tayem Ghada, 2015. "Does Foreign Ownership Increase Firms’ Productivity? Evidence from Firms Listed on Amman Stock Exchange," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 25-54, April.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:26:y:2017:i:6:p:1124-1140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andersson, Martin & Xiao, Jing, 2016. "Acquisitions of start-ups by incumbent businesses," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 272-290.
- Liu, Qing & Lu, Ruosi & Zhang, Chao, 2015. "The labor market effect of foreign acquisitions: Evidence from Chinese manufacturing firms," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 110-120.
- Anca-Simona HROMEI, 2013. "Reasons For Mergers And Their Impact On Companies," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 1, pages 82-88, June.
- Andersson, Martin & Xiao, Jing, 2014. "Acquisitions of Start-ups by Incumbent Businesses A market selection process of “high-quality” entrants?," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/19, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Ragnhild Balsvik & Stefanie A. Haller, 2010. "Picking "Lemons" or Picking "Cherries"? Domestic and Foreign Acquisitions in Norwegian Manufacturing," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 112(2), pages 361-387, June.
- Schiffbauer, Marc & Siedschlag, Iulia & Ruane, Frances, 2017.
"Do foreign mergers and acquisitions boost firm productivity?,"
International Business Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1124-1140.
- Marc Schiffbauer & Iulia Siedschlag & Frances Ruane, 2009. "Do Foreign Mergers and Acquisitions Boost Firm Productivity?," Papers WP305, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Joze P. Damijan & Crt Kostevc & Matija Rojec, 2012. "Growing lemons and cherries? Pre- and post-acquisition performance of foreign-acquired firms in new EU member states," LICOS Discussion Papers 31812, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:1:p:2-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Azdejković Dragan & Marković Dušan, 2016. "The Impact Of Cross-Border Acquisitions In Serbia On Productivity, Wages, And Employment," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 61(211), pages 47-68, October -.
- repec:cmj:journl:y:2013:i:27:hromeias is not listed on IDEAS
- Bandick, Roger & Karpaty, Patrik, 2011. "Employment effects of foreign acquisition," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 211-224, April.
More about this item
KeywordsMultinational firms; Foreign acquisitions; Productivity; Matching; Difference-in-difference;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ijecbs:v:14:y:2007:i:2:p:241-260. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CIJB20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.