Subjective expectations of medical expenditures and insurance in rural Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Zelalem Yilma & Owen O’Donnell & Anagaw Mebratie & Getnet Alemu & Arjun S. Bedi, 2015. "Subjective Expectations of Medical Expenditures and Insurance in Rural Ethiopia," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-120/V, Tinbergen Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zelalem Yilma & Anagaw Mebratie & Robert Sparrow & Marleen Dekker & Getnet Alemu & Arjun S. Bedi, 2015.
"Impact of Ethiopia's Community Based Health Insurance on Household Economic Welfare,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 29(suppl_1), pages 164-173.
- Debebe, Z.Y. & Mebratie, A.D. & Sparrow, R.A. & Dekker, M. & Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S., 2014. "Impact of Ethiopia’s Community Based Health Insurance on household economic welfare," ISS Working Papers - General Series 51734, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- repec:ifs:fistud:v:37:y:2016:i::p:717-747 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Trognon, Alain, 1984.
"Pseudo Maximum Likelihood Methods: Applications to Poisson Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 701-720, May.
- Gourieroux Christian & Monfort Alain & Trognon A, 1982. "Pseudo maximum lilelihood methods : applications to poisson models," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8203, CEPREMAP.
- Eric French & Elaine Kelly & Mariacristina Nardi & Eric French & John Bailey Jones & Jeremy McCauley, 2016. "Medical Spending of the US Elderly," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 37, pages 717-747, September.
- Nathaniel Hendren, 2013. "Private Information and Insurance Rejections," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 81(5), pages 1713-1762, September.
- Áureo De Paula & Gil Shapira & Petra E. Todd, 2014.
"How Beliefs About Hiv Status Affect Risky Behaviors: Evidence From Malawi,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(6), pages 944-964, September.
- Aureo de Paula & Gil Shapira & Petra Todd, 2008. "How Beliefs about HIV Status Affect Risky Behaviors: Evidence from Malawi," PIER Working Paper Archive 08-035, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Santos Silva, J.M.C. & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2011.
"Further simulation evidence on the performance of the Poisson pseudo-maximum likelihood estimator,"
Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 220-222, August.
- Santos Silva, Joao M C & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2009. "Further simulation evidence on the performance of the Poisson pseudo-maximum likelihood estimator," Economics Discussion Papers 3546, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Santos Silva, Joao & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2009. "Further simulation evidence on the performance of the Poisson pseudo-maximum likelihood estimator," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25506, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- J. M. C. Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2009. "Further Simulation Evidence on the Performance of the Poisson Pseudo-Maximum Likelihood Estimator," CEP Discussion Papers dp0933, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Gine, Xavier & Goldberg, Jessica & Silverman, Dan & Yang, Dean, 2012.
"Revising commitments : field evidence on the adjustment of prior choices,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6093, The World Bank.
- Xavier Giné & Jessica Goldberg & Dan Silverman & Dean Yang, 2012. "Revising Commitments: Field Evidence on the Adjustment of Prior Choices," NBER Working Papers 18065, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yoram Halevy, 2015.
"Time Consistency: Stationarity and Time Invariance,"
Econometric Society, vol. 83, pages 335-352, January.
- Halevy, Yoram, 2012. "Time Consistency: Stationarity and Time Invariance," Microeconomics.ca working papers yoram_halevy-2012-39, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 25 Feb 2015.
- McKenzie, David & Gibson, John & Stillman, Steven, 2013.
"A land of milk and honey with streets paved with gold: Do emigrants have over-optimistic expectations about incomes abroad?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 116-127.
- McKenzie, David & Gibson, John & Stillman, Steven, 2007. "A Land of Milk and Honey with Streets Paved with Gold: Do Emigrants Have Over-Optimistic Expectations about Incomes Abroad?," IZA Discussion Papers 2788, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David McKenzie & John Gibson & Steven Stillman, 2007. "A land of milk and honey with streets paved with gold: Do emigrants have over-optimistic expectations about incomes abroad?," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0709, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- McKenzie, David & Gibson, John & Stillman, Steven, 2007. "A land of milk and honey with streets paved with gold : do emigrants have over-optimistic expectations about incomes abroad ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4141, The World Bank.
- Flores, Gabriela & O’Donnell, Owen, 2016. "Catastrophic medical expenditure risk," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 1-15.
- Adeline Delavande, 2008.
"Pill, Patch, Or Shot? Subjective Expectations And Birth Control Choice,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 49(3), pages 999-1042, August.
- Delavande, Adeline, 2005. "Pill, Patch or Shot? Subjective Expectations and Birth Control Choice," CEPR Discussion Papers 4856, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wang, Hong & Zhang, Licheng & Yip, Winnie & Hsiao, William, 2006. "Adverse selection in a voluntary Rural Mutual Health Care health insurance scheme in China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 1236-1245, September.
- Adeline Delavande, 2014. "Probabilistic Expectations in Developing Countries," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 1-20, August.
- Delavande, Adeline & Giné, Xavier & McKenzie, David, 2011.
"Measuring subjective expectations in developing countries: A critical review and new evidence,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 151-163, March.
- Delavande, Adeline & Gine, Xavier & McKenzie, David, 2009. "Measuring Subjective Expectations in Developing Countries: A Critical Review and New Evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4824, The World Bank.
- Adeline Delavande & Hans-Peter Kohler, 2012. "The Impact of HIV Testing on Subjective Expectations and Risky Behavior in Malawi," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(3), pages 1011-1036, August.
- Kristin J. Kleinjans & Arthur Van Soest, 2014. "Rounding, Focal Point Answers And Nonresponse To Subjective Probability Questions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(4), pages 567-585, June.
- Alexander S. Preker & Guy Carrin, 2004. "Health Financing for Poor People : Resource Mobilization and Risk Sharing," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15019, November.
- Santos, Paulo & Barrett, Christopher B., 2011. "Persistent poverty and informal credit," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 337-347, November.
- Dominitz, Jeff, 2001. "Estimation of income expectations models using expectations and realization data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 165-195, June.
- Marc F. Bellemare, 2009. "When Perception is Reality: Subjective Expectations and Contracting," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1377-1381.
More about this item
Keywordssubjective probability; medical expenditure; out-of-pocket payments; adverse selection; health insurance; Ethiopia;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-12-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2015-12-08 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2015-12-08 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:euriss:79148. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/issssnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.