Impact of Ethiopia’s Community Based Health Insurance on household economic welfare
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Zelalem Yilma & Anagaw Mebratie & Robert Sparrow & Marleen Dekker & Getnet Alemu & Arjun S. Bedi, 2015. "Impact of Ethiopia's Community Based Health Insurance on Household Economic Welfare," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 29(suppl_1), pages 164-173.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zelalem Yilma & Anagaw Mebratie & Robert Sparrow & Degnet Abebaw & Marleen Dekker & Getnet Alemu & Arjun S. Bedi, 2014. "Coping with shocks in rural Ethiopia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(7), pages 1009-1024, July.
- Smith, Kimberly V. & Sulzbach, Sara, 2008. "Community-based health insurance and access to maternal health services: Evidence from three West African countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2460-2473, June.
- Gabriela Flores & Jaya Krishnakumar & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2008. "Coping with health-care costs: implications for the measurement of catastrophic expenditures and poverty," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(12), pages 1393-1412.
- Shimeles, Abebe, 2010. "Community based health insurance schemes in Africa: The case of Rwanda," Working Papers in Economics 463, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Assefa Admassie & Degnet Abebaw & Andinet Woldemichael, 2009. "Impact evaluation of the Ethiopian Health Services Extension Programme," Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(4), pages 430-449.
- Dekker, Marleen & Wilms, Annegien, 2010. "Health Insurance and Other Risk-Coping Strategies in Uganda: The Case of Microcare Insurance Ltd," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 369-378, March.
- Robert Sparrow & Ellen Van Poel & Gracia Hadiwidjaja & Athia Yumna & Nila Warda & Asep Suryahadi, 2014. "Coping With The Economic Consequences Of Ill Health In Indonesia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 719-728, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hirvonen, Kalle & Bossuyt, Anne & Pigois, Remy, 2017. "Complementarities between social protection and health sector policies: Evidence from the Productive Safety Net Program in Ethiopia," ESSP working papers 112, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Shigute, Zemzem & Strupat, Christoph & Burchi, Francesco & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S., 2017. "The Joint Effects of a Health Insurance and a Public Works Scheme in Rural Ethiopia," IZA Discussion Papers 10939, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zelalem Yilma & Owen O’Donnell & Anagaw Mebratie & Getnet Alemu & Arjun S. Bedi, 2015.
"Subjective Expectations of Medical Expenditures and Insurance in Rural Ethiopia,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
15-120/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Debebe, Z.Y. & O'Donnell, O.A. & Mebratie, A.D. & Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S., 2015. "Subjective expectations of medical expenditures and insurance in rural Ethiopia," ISS Working Papers - General Series 611, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Woldemichael, Andinet & Gurara, Daniel Zerfu & Shimeles, Abebe, 2016. "Community-Based Health Insurance and Out-of-Pocket Healthcare Spending in Africa: Evidence from Rwanda," IZA Discussion Papers 9922, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-01-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2015-01-09 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2015-01-09 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2015-01-09 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2015-01-09 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:euriss:51734. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/issssnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.