Is Consumption Insured against Illness? Evidence on Vulnerability of Households to Health Shocks in Rural Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cochrane, John H, 1991. "A Simple Test of Consumption Insurance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 957-976, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bratti, Massimiliano & Mendola, Mariapia, 2014.
"Parental health and child schooling,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 94-108.
- Massimiliano Bratti & Mariapia Mendola, 2011. "Parental Health and Child Schooling," Working Papers 212, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2011.
- Bratti, Massimiliano & Mendola, Mariapia, 2011. "Parental Health and Child Schooling," IZA Discussion Papers 5870, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- M. Bratti & M. Mendola, 2012. "Parental Health and Child Schooling," CHILD Working Papers Series 4, Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic Economics (CHILD) - CCA.
- Massimiliano Bratti & Mariapia Mendola, 2011. "Parental Health and Child Schooling," Development Working Papers 318, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 17 Oct 2011.
- Flores, Gabriela & O’Donnell, Owen, 2016. "Catastrophic medical expenditure risk," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 1-15.
- Verpoorten, Marijke, 2009.
"Household coping in war- and peacetime: Cattle sales in Rwanda, 1991-2001,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 67-86, January.
- Marijke Verpoorten, 2007. "Household coping in war- and peacetime: cattle sales in Rwanda, 1991-2001," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0727, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Marijke Verpoorten, 2007. "Household Coping in war- and peacetime: cattle sales in Rwanda, 1991-2001," LICOS Discussion Papers 18907, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Jacky MATHONNAT & Jean-François BRUN & Martine AUDIBERT & Marie-Claire HENRY, 2006.
"Malaria, Production and Income of the Producers of Coffee and Cocoa: an Analysis from Survey Data in Côte d’Ivoire. Malaria, coffee and cocoa production and income,"
- Martine Audibert & Jean-François Brun & Jacky Mathonnat & M.-C. Henry, 2011. "Malaria, Production and Income of the Producers of Coffee and Cocoa: an Analysis from Survey Data in Côte d'Ivoire. Malaria, coffee and cocoa production and income," Working Papers halshs-00557214, HAL.
- Khan, Farid & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert, 2015. "Sickness and Death: Economic Consequences and Coping Strategies of the Urban Poor in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 255-266.
- Adam Wagstaff & Magnus Lindelow, 2014.
"Are Health Shocks Different? Evidence From A Multishock Survey In Laos,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 706-718, June.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus, 2010. "Are health shocks different ? evidence from a multi-shock survey in Laos," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5335, The World Bank.
- Mekonnen, Daniel Ayalew & Gerber, Nicolas, 2016.
"Aspirations and income, food security and subjective well-being in rural Ethiopia,"
234562, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Daniel Ayalew Mekonnen & Daniel Ayalew Mekonnen & Nicolas Gerber & Nicolas Gerber, 2016. "Aspirations and income, food security and subjective well-being in rural Ethiopia," FOODSECURE Working papers 51, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Hirvonen, Kalle & Bossuyt, Anne & Pigois, Remy, 2017. "Complementarities between social protection and health sector policies: Evidence from the Productive Safety Net Program in Ethiopia," ESSP working papers 112, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Giesbert, Lena & Schindler, Kati, 2012.
"Assets, Shocks, and Poverty Traps in Rural Mozambique,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1594-1609.
- Lena Giesbert & Kati Schindler, 2010. "Assets, Shocks, and Poverty Traps in Rural Mozambique," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1073, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Lena Giesbert & Kati Schindler, 2010. "Assets, Shocks, and Poverty Traps in Rural Mozambique," GIGA Working Paper Series 150, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Woode, Maame Esi, 2017. "Parental health shocks and schooling: The impact of mutual health insurance in Rwanda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 35-47.
- Krishna, Anirudh, 2007. "For Reducing Poverty Faster: Target Reasons Before People," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 1947-1960, November.
- Hanjra, Munir A. & Ferede, Tadele & Gutta, Debel Gemechu, 2009. "Pathways to breaking the poverty trap in Ethiopia: Investments in agricultural water, education, and markets," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(11), pages 1596-1604, November.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:102:y:2018:i:c:p:262-274 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abegunde, Dele Olawale & Stanciole, Anderson E., 2008. "The economic impact of chronic diseases: How do households respond to shocks? Evidence from Russia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2296-2307, June.
- repec:eee:jhecon:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:38-52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Islam, Asadul & Maitra, Pushkar, 2012.
"Health shocks and consumption smoothing in rural households: Does microcredit have a role to play?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 232-243.
- Asadul Islam & Pushkar Maitra, 2008. "Health Shocks And Consumption Smoothing In Rural Households: Does Microcredit Have A Role To Play?," Monash Economics Working Papers 22/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Limwattananon, Supon & Neelsen, Sven & O'Donnell, Owen & Prakongsai, Phusit & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Vongmongkol, Vuthiphan, 2015. "Universal coverage with supply-side reform: The impact on medical expenditure risk and utilization in Thailand," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 79-94.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:y:2004:v:53:i:1:p:115-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/ .