The Joint Effects of a Health Insurance and a Public Works Scheme in Rural Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Syed Abdul Hamid & Jennifer Roberts & Paul Mosley, 2011.
"Can Micro Health Insurance Reduce Poverty? Evidence From Bangladesh,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 78(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Syed Abdul Hammid & Jennifer Roberts & Paul Mosley, 2010. "Can Micro Health Insurance Reduce Poverty? Evidence from Bangladesh," Working Papers 2010001, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2010.
- Mebratie, Anagaw D. & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S., 2015.
"Enrollment in Ethiopia’s Community-Based Health Insurance Scheme,"
Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 58-76.
- Derseh, A. & Sparrow, R.A. & Debebe, Z.Y. & Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S., 2013. "Enrolment in Ethiopia’s Community Based Health Insurance Scheme," ISS Working Papers - General Series 50221, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Jere R. Behrman & John Hoddinott, 2005. "Programme Evaluation with Unobserved Heterogeneity and Selective Implementation: The Mexican "PROGRESA" Impact on Child Nutrition," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 67(4), pages 547-569, August.
- Dercon, Stefan, 2004. "Growth and shocks: evidence from rural Ethiopia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 309-329.
- Sudhanshu Handa & Benjamin Davis & Marco Stampini & Paul Winters, 2010. "Heterogeneous treatment effects in conditional cash transfer programmes: assessing the impact of Progresa on agricultural households," Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 320-335.
- Daniel Gilligan & John Hoddinott & Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse, 2009.
"The Impact of Ethiopia's Productive Safety Net Programme and its Linkages,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(10), pages 1684-1706.
- Gilligan, Daniel O. & Hoddinott, John & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum, 2008. "The impact of Ethiopia's Productive Safety Net Programme and its linkages:," IFPRI discussion papers 839, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:idb:brikps:59558 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cristian C. Baeza & Truman G. Packard, 2006. "Beyond Survival : Protecting Households from Health Shocks in Latin America," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7120.
- Salvatore Di Falco & Marcella Veronesi & Mahmud Yesuf, 2011.
"Does Adaptation to Climate Change Provide Food Security? A Micro-Perspective from Ethiopia,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(3), pages 825-842.
- Salvatore Di Falco & Marcella Veronesi & Mahmud Yesuf, 2010. "Does adaptation to climate change provide food security? A micro-perspective from Ethiopia," GRI Working Papers 19, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Di Falco, Salvatore & Veronesi, Marcella & Yesuf, Mahmud, 2010. "Does adaptation to climate change provide food security?: a micro-perspective from Ethiopia," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 37592, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Andersson, Camilla & Mekonnen, Alemu & Stage, Jesper, 2011.
"Impacts of the Productive Safety Net Program in Ethiopia on livestock and tree holdings of rural households,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 119-126, January.
- Andersson, Camilla & Mekonnen, Alemu & Stage, Jesper, 2009. "Impacts of the Productive Safety Net Program in Ethiopia on Livestock and Tree Holdings of Rural Households," Discussion Papers dp-09-05-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Shigute, Zemzem & Mebratie, Anagaw D. & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S., 2017.
"Uptake of health insurance and the productive safety net program in rural Ethiopia,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, pages 133-141.
- Shigute, Zemzem & Mebratie, Anagaw Derseh & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S., 2016. "Uptake of Health Insurance and the Productive Safety Net Program in Rural Ethiopia," IZA Discussion Papers 9833, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zelalem Yilma & Anagaw Mebratie & Robert Sparrow & Degnet Abebaw & Marleen Dekker & Getnet Alemu & Arjun S. Bedi, 2014. "Coping with shocks in rural Ethiopia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(7), pages 1009-1024, July.
- Zelalem Yilma & Anagaw Mebratie & Robert Sparrow & Marleen Dekker & Getnet Alemu & Arjun S. Bedi, 2015.
"Impact of Ethiopia's Community Based Health Insurance on Household Economic Welfare,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 29(suppl_1), pages 164-173.
- Debebe, Z.Y. & Mebratie, A.D. & Sparrow, R.A. & Dekker, M. & Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S., 2014. "Impact of Ethiopia’s Community Based Health Insurance on household economic welfare," ISS Working Papers - General Series 51734, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1991. "Reaching the Rural Poor through Public Employment: Arguments, Evidence, and Lessons from South Asia," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 153-175, July.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Esther Duflo & Richard Hornbeck, 2014. "Bundling Health Insurance and Microfinance in India: There Cannot Be Adverse Selection If There Is No Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(5), pages 291-297, May.
- K. Subbarao, 1997. "Public Works as an Anti-Poverty Program: An Overview of Cross-Country Experience," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 678-683.
- Jensen, Nathaniel & Barrett, Christopher B. & Mude, Andrew, 2014. "Index Insurance and Cash Transfers: A Comparative Analysis from Northern Kenya," MPRA Paper 61372, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Truman G. Packard & Cristian C. Baeza, 2006. "Beyond Survival: Protecting Households from Health Shocks in Latin America," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 59558, February.
- Paul Gertler, 2004. "Do Conditional Cash Transfers Improve Child Health? Evidence from PROGRESA's Control Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 336-341, May.
- José A. Pagán & Andrea Puig & Beth J. Soldo, 2007. "Health insurance coverage and the use of preventive services by Mexican adults," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(12), pages 1359-1369.
- Limwattananon, Supon & Neelsen, Sven & O'Donnell, Owen & Prakongsai, Phusit & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Vongmongkol, Vuthiphan, 2015. "Universal coverage with supply-side reform: The impact on medical expenditure risk and utilization in Thailand," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 79-94.
More about this item
KeywordsEthiopia; Productive Safety Net Program; Community Based Health Insurance Scheme; joint effect;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- I15 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-09-03 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2017-09-03 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2017-09-03 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2017-09-03 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2017-09-03 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10939. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.