Uptake of Health Insurance and the Productive Safety Net Program in Rural Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Shigute, Zemzem & Mebratie, Anagaw D. & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S., 2017. "Uptake of health insurance and the productive safety net program in rural Ethiopia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 133-141.
References listed on IDEAS
- Syed Abdul Hamid & Jennifer Roberts & Paul Mosley, 2011.
"Can Micro Health Insurance Reduce Poverty? Evidence From Bangladesh,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 78(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Syed Abdul Hammid & Jennifer Roberts & Paul Mosley, 2010. "Can Micro Health Insurance Reduce Poverty? Evidence from Bangladesh," Working Papers 2010001, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2010.
- Mebratie, Anagaw D. & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S., 2015.
"Enrollment in Ethiopia’s Community-Based Health Insurance Scheme,"
Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 58-76.
- Derseh, A. & Sparrow, R.A. & Debebe, Z.Y. & Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S., 2013. "Enrolment in Ethiopia’s Community Based Health Insurance Scheme," ISS Working Papers - General Series 50221, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Mebratie, A.D. & Sparrow, R.A. & Debebe, Z.Y. & Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S., 2014. "Dropping out of Ethiopia’s Community Based Health Insurance scheme," ISS Working Papers - General Series 76960, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Mladovsky, Philipa, 2014. "Why do people drop out of community-based health insurance? Findings from an exploratory household survey in Senegal," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 78-88.
- Stefan Dercon, 2002.
"Income Risk, Coping Strategies, and Safety Nets,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 141-166, September.
- Stefan Dercon, 2000. "Income risk, coping strategies and safety nets," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-26, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Dercon, Stefan, 2002. "Income Risk, Coping Strategies and Safety Nets," WIDER Working Paper Series 022, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Criel, Bart & Waelkens, Maria Pia, 2003. "Declining subscriptions to the Maliando Mutual Health Organisation in Guinea-Conakry (West Africa): what is going wrong?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(7), pages 1205-1219, October.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2007. "The economic consequences of health shocks: Evidence from Vietnam," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 82-100, January.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Esther Duflo & Richard Hornbeck, 2014. "Bundling Health Insurance and Microfinance in India: There Cannot Be Adverse Selection If There Is No Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(5), pages 291-297, May.
- Mebratie, A.D. & Sparrow, R.A. & Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S., 2013. "Community-Based Health Insurance Schemes," ISS Working Papers - General Series 568, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- MR Rosenzweig, 2001. "Savings behaviour in low-income countries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 40-54, Spring.
- Capuno, Joseph J. & Kraft, Aleli D. & Quimbo, Stella & Tan, Jr. Carlos R. & Wagstaff, Adam, 2014. "Effects of interventions to raise voluntary enrollment in a social health insurance scheme : a cluster randomized trial," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6893, The World Bank.
- Dong, Hengjin & De Allegri, Manuela & Gnawali, Devendra & Souares, Aurélia & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2009. "Drop-out analysis of community-based health insurance membership at Nouna, Burkina Faso," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(2-3), pages 174-179, October.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Nguyen, Ha Thi Hong & Dao, Huyen & Balesd, Sarah, 2014. "Encouraging health insurance for the informal sector : a cluster randomized trial," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6910, The World Bank.
- Kent Ranson, M. & Sinha, Tara & Chatterjee, Mirai & Acharya, Akash & Bhavsar, Ami & Morris, Saul S. & Mills, Anne J., 2006. "Making health insurance work for the poor: Learning from the Self-Employed Women's Association's (SEWA) community-based health insurance scheme in India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 707-720, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shigute, Zemzem & Strupat, Christoph & Burchi, Francesco & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S., 2017. "The Joint Effects of a Health Insurance and a Public Works Scheme in Rural Ethiopia," IZA Discussion Papers 10939, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hirvonen, Kalle & Bossuyt, Anne & Pigois, Remy, 2017. "Complementarities between social protection and health sector policies: Evidence from the Productive Safety Net Program in Ethiopia," ESSP working papers 112, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:eee:socmed:v:200:y:2018:i:c:p:145-155 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsproductive safety net program; active labor market program; Ethiopia; community based health insurance; uptake of health insurance;
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
- J48 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Particular Labor Markets; Public Policy
- I13 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Insurance, Public and Private
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2016-04-09 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2016-04-09 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2016-04-09 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2016-04-09 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp9833. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.