Dropping out of Ethiopia’s Community Based Health Insurance scheme
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mebratie, Anagaw D. & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S., 2015.
"Enrollment in Ethiopia’s Community-Based Health Insurance Scheme,"
Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 58-76.
- Derseh, A. & Sparrow, R.A. & Debebe, Z.Y. & Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S., 2013. "Enrolment in Ethiopia’s Community Based Health Insurance Scheme," ISS Working Papers - General Series 50221, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Jean Philippe Platteau & Darwin Ugarte Ontiveros, 2013. "Understanding and Information Failures: Lessons from a Health Microinsurance Program in India," Working Papers 1301, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Smith, Kimberly V. & Sulzbach, Sara, 2008. "Community-based health insurance and access to maternal health services: Evidence from three West African countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2460-2473, June.
- Shimeles, Abebe, 2010. "Community based health insurance schemes in Africa: The case of Rwanda," Working Papers in Economics 463, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Mebratie, A.D. & Sparrow, R.A. & Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S., 2013. "Community-Based Health Insurance Schemes," ISS Working Papers - General Series 568, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Joseph Mensah & Joseph R. Oppong & Christoph M. Schmidt, 2010.
"Ghana's national health insurance scheme in the context of the health MDGs: an empirical evaluation using propensity score matching,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(S1), pages 95-106, September.
- Mensah, Joseph & Oppong, Joseph R. & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2009. "Ghana's National Health Insurance Scheme in the Context of the Health MDGs – An Empirical Evaluation Using Propensity Score Matching," Ruhr Economic Papers 157, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Onwujekwe, Obinna & Onoka, Chima & Uzochukwu, Benjamin & Okoli, Chijioke & Obikeze, Eric & Eze, Soludo, 2009. "Is community-based health insurance an equitable strategy for paying for healthcare? Experiences from southeast Nigeria," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 96-102, September.
- Bhat Ramesh & Jain Nishant, 2007. "A Study of Factors Affecting the Renewal of Health Insurance Policy," IIMA Working Papers WP2007-01-02, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Mladovsky, Philipa, 2014. "Why do people drop out of community-based health insurance? Findings from an exploratory household survey in Senegal," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 78-88.
- Dong, Hengjin & De Allegri, Manuela & Gnawali, Devendra & Souares, Aurélia & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2009. "Drop-out analysis of community-based health insurance membership at Nouna, Burkina Faso," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(2-3), pages 174-179, October.
- Criel, Bart & Waelkens, Maria Pia, 2003. "Declining subscriptions to the Maliando Mutual Health Organisation in Guinea-Conakry (West Africa): what is going wrong?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(7), pages 1205-1219, October.
- Saksena, Priyanka & Antunes, Adélio Fernandes & Xu, Ke & Musango, Laurent & Carrin, Guy, 2011. "Mutual health insurance in Rwanda: Evidence on access to care and financial risk protection," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 203-209, March.
- Parmar, Divya & Souares, Aurélia & de Allegri, Manuela & Savadogo, Germain & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2012. "Adverse selection in a community-based health insurance scheme in rural Africa: implications for introducing targeted subsidies," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 46664, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hirvonen, Kalle & Bossuyt, Anne & Pigois, Remy, 2017. "Complementarities between social protection and health sector policies: Evidence from the Productive Safety Net Program in Ethiopia," ESSP working papers 112, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Shigute, Zemzem & Mebratie, Anagaw D. & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S., 2017.
"Uptake of health insurance and the productive safety net program in rural Ethiopia,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 133-141.
- Shigute, Zemzem & Mebratie, Anagaw Derseh & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S., 2016. "Uptake of Health Insurance and the Productive Safety Net Program in Rural Ethiopia," IZA Discussion Papers 9833, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Panda, P. & Chakraborty, A. & Raza, W.A. & Bedi, A.S., 2015. "Renewing membership in three community-based health insurance schemes in rural India," ISS Working Papers - General Series 608, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-11-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2014-11-01 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2014-11-01 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2014-11-01 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:euriss:76960. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/issssnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.