Is community-based health insurance an equitable strategy for paying for healthcare? Experiences from southeast Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McIntyre, Diane & Thiede, Michael & Dahlgren, Göran & Whitehead, Margaret, 2006. "What are the economic consequences for households of illness and of paying for health care in low- and middle-income country contexts?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 858-865, February.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Paci, Pierella & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1991. "On the measurement of inequalities in health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 545-557, January.
- Dror, David Mark & Koren, Ruth & Steinberg, David Mark, 2006. "The impact of filipino micro health-insurance units on income-related equality of access to healthcare," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 304-317, August.
- Onwujekwe, Obinna, 2005. "Inequities in healthcare seeking in the treatment of communicable endemic diseases in Southeast Nigeria," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 455-463, July.
- Basaza, Robert & Criel, Bart & Van der Stuyft, Patrick, 2008. "Community health insurance in Uganda: Why does enrolment remain low? A view from beneath," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 172-184, August.
- Kent Ranson, M. & Sinha, Tara & Chatterjee, Mirai & Acharya, Akash & Bhavsar, Ami & Morris, Saul S. & Mills, Anne J., 2006. "Making health insurance work for the poor: Learning from the Self-Employed Women's Association's (SEWA) community-based health insurance scheme in India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 707-720, February.
- Onwujekwe, Obinna & Chima, Reginald & Okonkwo, Paul, 2000. "Economic burden of malaria illness on households versus that of all other illness episodes: a study in five malaria holo-endemic Nigerian communities," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 143-159, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mebratie, Anagaw D. & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S., 2015.
"Enrollment in Ethiopia’s Community-Based Health Insurance Scheme,"
Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 58-76.
- Derseh, A. & Sparrow, R.A. & Debebe, Z.Y. & Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S., 2013. "Enrolment in Ethiopia’s Community Based Health Insurance Scheme," ISS Working Papers - General Series 50221, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Mebratie, A.D. & Sparrow, R.A. & Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S., 2013. "Community-Based Health Insurance Schemes," ISS Working Papers - General Series 568, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Mebratie, A.D. & Sparrow, R.A. & Debebe, Z.Y. & Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S., 2014. "Dropping out of Ethiopia’s Community Based Health Insurance scheme," ISS Working Papers - General Series 76960, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
More about this item
KeywordsCommunity-based health insurance (CBHI) Anambra state Nigeria Equity Financial risk protection;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:92:y:2009:i:1:p:96-102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .