Economic Impact of Illness with Health Insurance but without Income Insurance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2000.
"In Sickness and in Health: Risk Sharing within Households in Rural Ethiopia,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 688-727, August.
- Pramila Krishnan & Stefan Dercon, 1997. "In sickness and in health ... risk-sharing within households in rural Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 1997-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Marcos Vera-Hernández & Aida Galiano Martínez, 2008. "Health shocks, household consumption, and child nutrition," Working Papers. Serie EC 2008-14, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Jonathan Gruber & Nathaniel Hendren & Robert M. Townsend, 2014. "The Great Equalizer: Health Care Access and Infant Mortality in Thailand," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 91-107, January.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 2002.
"Insuring Consumption Against Illness,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 51-70, March.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1997. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," NBER Working Papers 6035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1998. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," JCPR Working Papers 41, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Robert Sparrow & Ellen Van Poel & Gracia Hadiwidjaja & Athia Yumna & Nila Warda & Asep Suryahadi, 2014. "Coping With The Economic Consequences Of Ill Health In Indonesia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 719-728, June.
- Islam, Asadul & Maitra, Pushkar, 2012.
"Health shocks and consumption smoothing in rural households: Does microcredit have a role to play?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 232-243.
- Asadul Islam & Pushkar Maitra, 2008. "Health Shocks And Consumption Smoothing In Rural Households: Does Microcredit Have A Role To Play?," Monash Economics Working Papers 22/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Amanda E. Kowalski, 2015.
"What Do Longitudinal Data on Millions of Hospital Visits Tell Us about the Value of Public Health Insurance as a Safety Net for the Young and Privately Insured?,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1983, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Amanda E. Kowalski, 2015. "What Do Longitudinal Data on Millions of Hospital Visits Tell us About The Value of Public Health Insurance as a Safety Net for the Young and Privately Insured?," NBER Working Papers 20887, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adam Wagstaff & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2003. "Catastrophe and impoverishment in paying for health care: with applications to Vietnam 1993-1998," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(11), pages 921-933.
- Guido W. Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2009.
"Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 47(1), pages 5-86, March.
- Guido M. Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2008. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 14251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M. & Imbens, Guido, 2009. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," Scholarly Articles 3043416, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Guido Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2008. "Recent developments in the econometrics of program evaluation," CeMMAP working papers CWP24/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Imbens, Guido W. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2008. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," IZA Discussion Papers 3640, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jones, Andrew & O'Donnell, Owen, 1995. "Equivalence scales and the costs of disability," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 273-289, February.
- Manoj Mohanan, 2013. "Causal Effects of Health Shocks on Consumption and Debt: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Bus Accident Injuries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(2), pages 673-681, May.
- John Bound, 1991. "Self-Reported Versus Objective Measures of Health in Retirement Models," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(1), pages 106-138.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2007. "The economic consequences of health shocks: Evidence from Vietnam," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 82-100, January.
- Maria Eugenia Genoni, 2012. "Health Shocks and Consumption Smoothing: Evidence from Indonesia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 475-506.
- Limwattananon, Supon & Neelsen, Sven & O'Donnell, Owen & Prakongsai, Phusit & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Vongmongkol, Vuthiphan, 2015. "Universal coverage with supply-side reform: The impact on medical expenditure risk and utilization in Thailand," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 79-94.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth; medical expenditure; social insurance; universal coverage; Thailand;
- I13 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Insurance, Public and Private
- J46 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Informal Labor Market
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-05-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2015-05-30 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2015-05-30 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2015-05-30 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-IUE-2015-05-30 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2015-05-30 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tin:wpaper:20150060. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tinbergen Office +31 (0)10-4088900). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tinbenl.html .