When Perception is Reality: Subjective Expectations and Contracting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kastens, Terry L. & Jones, Rodney D. & Schroeder, Ted C., 1998. "Futures-Based Price Forecasts For Agricultural Producers And Businesses," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(01), July.
- Manfredo, Mark R. & Sanders, Dwight R., 2004. "The Value of Public Price Forecasts: Additional Evidence in the Live Hog Market," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 22(2).
- Brian D. Adam & Philip Garcia & Robert J. Hauser, 1996. "The Value of Information to Hedgers in the Presence of Futures and Options," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 18(3), pages 437-447.
- Harvey, David I & Leybourne, Stephen J & Newbold, Paul, 1998. "Tests for Forecast Encompassing," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(2), pages 254-259, April.
- Hoffman, Linwood A., 2004. "Using Futures Prices To Forecast The Season-Average U.S. Corn Prices," 2004 Conference, April 19-20, 2004, St. Louis, Missouri 19020, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Brorsen, B. Wade & Irwin, Scott H., 1996.
"Improving The Relevance Of Research On Price Forecasting And Marketing Strategies,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 25(1), April.
- Brorsen, B. Wade & Irwin, Scott H., 1996. "Improving the Relevance of Research on Price Forecasting and Marketing Strategies," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(01), pages 68-75, April.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Sanders, Dwight R. & Manfredo, Mark R., 2003. "USDA Livestock Price Forecasts: A Comprehensive Evaluation," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(02), August.
- Lawrence, John D. & Grimes, Glenn, 2007. "Production and Marketing Characteristics of U.S. Pork Producers, 2006," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12828, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Harvey, David & Leybourne, Stephen & Newbold, Paul, 1997. "Testing the equality of prediction mean squared errors," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-291, June.
- Dwight R. Sanders & Mark R. Manfredo, 2005. "Forecast Encompassing as the Necessary Condition to Reject Futures Market Efficiency: Fluid Milk Futures," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(3), pages 610-620.
- Ashley, Richard, 2003. "Statistically significant forecasting improvements: how much out-of-sample data is likely necessary?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 229-239.
- Aasim M. Husain & Chakriya Bowman, 2004. "Forecasting Commodity Prices; Futures Versus Judgment," IMF Working Papers 04/41, International Monetary Fund.
- Tonsor, Glynn T. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C. & Mintert, James R., 2004. "Improving Cattle Basis Forecasting," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(02), August.
- Victoria Salin & Amy P. Thurow & Katherine R. Smith & Nicole Elmer, 1998. "Exploring the Market for Agricultural Economics Information: Views of Private Sector Analysts," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 114-124.
- Bessler, David A. & Brandt, Jon A., 1992. "An analysis of forecasts of livestock prices," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 249-263, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zelalem Yilma & Owen O’Donnell & Anagaw Mebratie & Getnet Alemu & Arjun S. Bedi, 2015.
"Subjective Expectations of Medical Expenditures and Insurance in Rural Ethiopia,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
15-120/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Debebe, Z.Y. & O'Donnell, O.A. & Mebratie, A.D. & Alemu, G. & Bedi, A.S., 2015. "Subjective expectations of medical expenditures and insurance in rural Ethiopia," ISS Working Papers - General Series 611, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Bellemare, Marc F., 2010. "Insecure Land Rights and Share Tenancy in Madagascar," MPRA Paper 23640, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:91:y:2009:i:5:p:1377-1381. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.