Measuring the Impact of Microfinance on Child Health Outcomes in Indonesia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- DeLoach, Stephen B. & Lamanna, Erika, 2011. "Measuring the Impact of Microfinance on Child Health Outcomes in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1808-1819.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Gertler & David I. Levine & Enrico Moretti, 2009.
"Do microfinance programs help families insure consumption against illness?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 257-273.
- Paul Gertler & David I. Levine & Enrico Moretti, 2003. "Do Microfinance Programs Help Families Insure Consumption Against Illness?," Development and Comp Systems 0303004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gertler, Paul & Levine, David I. & Moretti, Enrico, 2003. "Do Microfinance Programs Help Families Insure Consumption Against Illness?," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt5811j217, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- John Strauss & Duncan Thomas, 1998. "Health, Nutrition, and Economic Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(2), pages 766-817, June.
- Takashi Yamano & Harold Alderman & Luc Christiaensen, 2005.
"Child Growth, Shocks, and Food Aid in Rural Ethiopia,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(2), pages 273-288.
- Yamano, Takashi & Alderman, Harold & Christiaensen, Luc J.M., 2003. "Child Growth, Shocks, And Food Aid In Rural Ethiopia," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25838, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Takashi Yamano & Harold Alderman & Luc Christiaensen, 2003. "Child growth, shocks, and food aid in rural Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3128, The World Bank.
- Duncan Thomas & John Strauss & Maria-Helena Henriques, 1991. "How Does Mother's Education Affect Child Height?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(2), pages 183-211.
- E. Miller, Jane & V. Rodgers, Yana, 2009. "Mother’s Education and Children’s Nutritional Status: New Evidence from Cambodia," Asian Development Review, Asian Development Bank, vol. 26(1), pages 131-165.
- Glewwe, Paul & Jocoby, Hanan & King, Elizabeth M., 1999. "Early childhood nutrition and academic achievement," FCND discussion papers 68, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ravicz, R. Marisol, 1998. "Searching for sustainable microfinance : a review of five Indonesian initiatives," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1878, The World Bank.
- Foster, Andrew D, 1995. "Prices, Credit Markets and Child Growth in Low-Income Rural Areas," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(430), pages 551-570, May.
- Shahidur R. Khandker, 2005.
"Microfinance and Poverty: Evidence Using Panel Data from Bangladesh,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 263-286.
- Khandker, Shahidur R., 2003. "Microfinance and poverty - evidence using panel data from Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2945, The World Bank.
- Thomas, Duncan & Lavy, Victor & Strauss, John, 1996.
"Public policy and anthropometric outcomes in the Cote d'Ivoire,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 155-192, August.
- Thomas, D. & Lavy, V. & Strauss, J., 1991. "Public Policy and Anthropometric Outcomes in the Cote d'Ivoire," Papers 643, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Thomas, D. & Lavy, V. & Strauss, J., 1995. "Public Policy and Anthropometric Outcomes in the Cote d'Ivoire," Papers 95-07, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Thomas, D & Lavy, V & Strauss, J, 1996. "Public Policy and Anthropometric Outcomes in the Cote d'Ivoire," Papers 96-19, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Thomas, Duncan & Strauss, John, 1992.
"Prices, infrastructure, household characteristics and child height,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 301-331, October.
- Thomas, D. & Strauss, J., 1990. "Prices, Infrastructure, Household Charasteristics And Child Height," Papers 602, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Christina Paxson & Norbert Schady, 2005. "Child Health and Economic Crisis in Peru," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 203-223.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 2002.
"Insuring Consumption Against Illness,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 51-70, March.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1997. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," NBER Working Papers 6035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1998. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," JCPR Working Papers 41, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2001. " Child Growth in the Time of Drought," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(4), pages 409-436, September.
- Sahn, David E, 1994. "The Contribution of Income to Improved Nutrition in Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 3(1), pages 29-61, April.
- Fedorov, Leonid & Sahn, David E, 2005. "Socioeconomic Determinants of Children's Health in Russia: A Longitudinal Study," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(2), pages 479-500, January.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2004.
"How Much Should We Trust Differences-In-Differences Estimates?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 249-275.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2002. "How Much Should We Trust Differences-in-Differences Estimates?," NBER Working Papers 8841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glewwe, Paul & Jacoby, Hanan G. & King, Elizabeth M., 2001. "Early childhood nutrition and academic achievement: a longitudinal analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 345-368, September.
- Paul Glewwe, 1999. "Why Does Mother's Schooling Raise Child Health in Developing Countries? Evidence from Morocco," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(1), pages 124-159.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- You, Jing, 2013. "The role of microcredit in older children’s nutrition: Quasi-experimental evidence from rural China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 167-179.
- Heriyaldi & Arief Anshory Yusuf, 2013.
"Does Micro Finance Institution Improve Welfare? A Double Difference Analysis of Indonesian Community-level Data,"
Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS)
201307, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Mar 2013.
- Heriyaldi & Arief Anshory Yusuf, 2016. "Does Micro Finance Institution Improve Welfare? A Double Difference Analysis of Indonesian Community-level Data," UNPAD SDGs Working Paper Series 201604, Center for Sustainable Development Goals Studies, Universitas Padjadjaran, revised Jun 2016.
- Chrysovalantis Gaganis, 2016.
"Assessing the overall performance of microfinance institutions,"
International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(1), pages 52-83.
- Chrysovalantis Gaganis, 2016. "Assessing the Overall Performance of Microfinance Institutions," Working Papers 1603, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Kunal Sen, "undated". "Towards Inclusive Financial Development for Achieving the MDGs in Asia and the Pacific," MPDD Working Paper Series WP/10/07, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Akotey, Joseph Oscar & Adjasi, Charles K.D., 2016. "Does Microcredit Increase Household Welfare in the Absence of Microinsurance?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 380-394.
- Mathilde Maîtrot & Miguel Niño-Zarazúa, 2017. "Poverty and wellbeing impacts of microfinance: What do we know?," WIDER Working Paper Series 190, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:spr:jknowl:v:9:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s13132-015-0348-2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMicrofinance; child health; nutrition; Indonesia;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-07-11 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2009-07-11 (Health Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2009-07-11 (Microfinance)
- NEP-SEA-2009-07-11 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elo:wpaper:2009-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Barbour). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delonus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.