The Adoption of Information and Communication Technologies in the Design Sector and their impact on Firm Performance: Evidence from the Dutch Design Sector
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Bashir, Sadaf & Matzat, U. & Sadowski, B. M., 2014. "The adoption of information and communication technologies in the design sector and their impact on firm performance: Evidence from the Dutch design sector," 25th European Regional ITS Conference, Brussels 2014 101389, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
References listed on IDEAS
- Audretsch, David B., 1995. "Innovation, growth and survival," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 441-457, December.
- Surendra Gera & Wulong Gu, 2004. "The Effect of Organizational Innovation and Information and Communications Technology on Firm Performance," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 9, pages 37-51, Fall.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2002.
"Information Technology, Workplace Organization, and the Demand for Skilled Labor: Firm-Level Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 339-376.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 1999. "Information Technology, Workplace Organization and the Demand for Skilled Labor: Firm-Level Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sinan Aral & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lynn Wu, 2012. "Three-Way Complementarities: Performance Pay, Human Resource Analytics, and Information Technology," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(5), pages 913-931, May.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 1999. "The Evolution of the Industrial Organisation of the Production of Knowledge," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 243-260, March.
- Thornhill, Stewart, 2006. "Knowledge, innovation and firm performance in high- and low-technology regimes," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 687-703, September.
- Koellinger, Ph.D., 2008. "The Relationship between Technology, Innovation, and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence on E-Business in Europe," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-031-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Salter, Ammon & Gann, David, 2003. "Sources of ideas for innovation in engineering design," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1309-1324, September.
- Kaplan, Andreas M. & Haenlein, Michael, 2011. "Two hearts in three-quarter time: How to waltz the social media/viral marketing dance," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 253-263, May.
- Indranil R. Bardhan & Vish V. Krishnan & Shu Lin, 2007. "Project Performance and the Enabling Role of Information Technology: An Exploratory Study on the Role of Alignment," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 9(4), pages 579-595, May.
- Giulio Cainelli & Rinaldo Evangelista & Maria Savona, 2006.
"Innovation and economic performance in services: a firm-level analysis,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 30(3), pages 435-458, May.
- Maria Savona & Giulio Cainelli & Rinaldo Evangelista, 2006. "Innovation and economic performance in services. A firm level analysis," Post-Print halshs-00231578, HAL.
- Luciana Lazzeretti & Rafael Boix & Francesco Capone, 2008. "Do Creative Industries Cluster? Mapping Creative Local Production Systems in Italy and Spain," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 549-567.
- Steinmueller, W Edward, 2000. "Will New Information and Communication Technologies Improve the 'Codification' of Knowledge?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 361-376, June.
- Casey Ichniowski & Kathryn Shaw, 2003. "Beyond Incentive Pay: Insiders' Estimates of the Value of Complementary Human Resource Management Practices," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 155-180, Winter.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2000. "Beyond Computation: Information Technology, Organizational Transformation and Business Performance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 23-48, Fall.
- van der Wiel, Henry & van Leeuwen, George & Hempell, Thomas, 2004. "ICT, Innovation and Business Performance in Services: Evidence for Germany and the Netherlands," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-06, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Gera, Surendra & Gu, Wulong, 2004. "The Effect of Organizational Innovation and Information Technology on Firm Performance," The Canadian Economy in Transition 2004007e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
- Tommaso Ciarli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2007. "ICT in Industrial Districts: An Empirical Analysis on Adoption, Use and Impact," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 277-303.
- Koellinger, Philipp, 2008. "The relationship between technology, innovation, and firm performance--Empirical evidence from e-business in Europe," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1317-1328, September.
- Andersen, Torben Juul & Foss, Nicolai Juul, 2005. "Strategic opportunity and economic performance in multinational enterprises: The role and effects of information and communication technology," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 293-310, June.
- Vida Vanchan & Alan MacPherson, 2008. "The Recent Growth Performance of US Firms in the Industrial Design Sector: An Exploratory Study," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 1-17.
- Henrich R. Greve, 2007. "‘Exploration and exploitation in product innovation’," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(5), pages 945-975, October.
More about this item
KeywordsICT; design; innovation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2014-03-08 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2014-03-08 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2014-03-08 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-ICT-2014-03-08 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-INO-2014-03-08 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2014-03-08 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2014-03-08 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TID-2014-03-08 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ein:tuecis:1401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ectuenl.html .