ICT, Innovation and Business Performance in Services: Evidence for Germany and the Netherlands
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bresnahan, Timothy F. & Trajtenberg, M., 1995. "General purpose technologies 'Engines of growth'?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 83-108, January.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2002.
"Information Technology, Workplace Organization, and the Demand for Skilled Labor: Firm-Level Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 339-376.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 1999. "Information Technology, Workplace Organization and the Demand for Skilled Labor: Firm-Level Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Klette, Tor Jakob & Griliches, Zvi, 1996.
"The Inconsistency of Common Scale Estimators When Output Prices Are Unobserved and Endogenous,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 343-361, July-Aug..
- Klette, T.J., 1992. "The Inconsistency of Common Scale Estimators when Output Prices are unobserved and Endogenous," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1586, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Zvi Griliches, 1992. "The Inconsistency of Common Scale Estimators When Output Prices Are Unobserved and Engogenous," NBER Working Papers 4026, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Zvi Griliches, 1994. "The Inconsistency of Common Scales Estimators when Output Prices are Unobserved and Endogenous," Discussion Papers 127, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Paul Schreyer, 2000. "The Contribution of Information and Communication Technology to Output Growth: A Study of the G7 Countries," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2000/2, OECD Publishing.
- Stiroh, Kevin J, 2002. "Are ICT Spillovers Driving the New Economy?," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(1), pages 33-57, March.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 2000.
"GMM Estimation with persistent panel data: an application to production functions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 321-340.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1999. "GMM estimation with persistent panel data: an application to production functions," IFS Working Papers W99/04, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik. & Hitt, Lorin M., 1994.
"Information technology as a factor of production : the role of differences among firms,"
3715-94. CCSTR ; #173., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin Hitt, 1997. "Information Technology as a Factor of Production: The Role of Differences Among Firms," Working Paper Series 201, MIT Center for Coordination Science.
- Bertschek, Irene & Fryges, Helmut, 2002. "The Adoption of Business-to-Business E-Commerce: Empirical Evidence for German Companies," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-05, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- David, P.A., 1989. "Computer And Dynamo: The Modern Productivity Paradox In A Not-Too Distant Mirror," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 339, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Bart van Ark & Robert Inklaar & Robert H. McGuckin, 2002. "'Changing Gear' - Productivity, ICT and Services Industries: Europe and the United States," Economics Program Working Papers 02-02, The Conference Board, Economics Program.
- Henry van der Wiel, 2001. "Does ICT boost Dutch productivity growth?," CPB Document 16, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Hall, Bronwyn H. & Mairesse, Jacques, 1995.
"Exploring the relationship between R&D and productivity in French manufacturing firms,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 263-293, January.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Jacques Mairesse, 1992. "Exploring the Relationship Between R&D and Productivity in French Manufacturing Firms," NBER Working Papers 3956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2000. "Beyond Computation: Information Technology, Organizational Transformation and Business Performance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 23-48, Fall.
- Bart van Ark, 2001. "The Renewal of the Old Economy: An International Comparative Perspective," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2001/5, OECD Publishing.
- Hoffmann, Johannes, 1998. "Problems of inflation measurement in Germany," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 1998,01e, Deutsche Bundesbank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kox, Henk L.M. & Leeuwen, George van & Wiel, Henry van der, 2010. "Competitive, but too small - productivity and entry-exit determinants in European business services," MPRA Paper 24389, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Enrico Saltari, 2012. "The role of ICT and Business Services in Italy," Working Papers 152, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Henry van der Wiel & George van Leeuwen, 2003. "Do ICT spillovers matter; evidence from Dutch firm-level data," CPB Discussion Paper 26, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Gehringer, Agnieszka, 2015. "Uneven effects of financial liberalization on productivity growth in the EU: Evidence from a dynamic panel investigation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 334-346.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Euripidis N. Loukis, 2016. "Investigating the effects of ICT on innovation and performance of European hospitals: an exploratory study," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(4), pages 403-418, May.
- Sadaf Bashir & Uwe Matzat & Bert Sadowski, 2014.
"The Adoption of Information and Communication Technologies in the Design Sector and their impact on Firm Performance: Evidence from the Dutch Design Sector,"
14-01, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised Feb 2014.
- Bashir, Sadaf & Matzat, U. & Sadowski, B. M., 2014. "The adoption of information and communication technologies in the design sector and their impact on firm performance: Evidence from the Dutch design sector," 25th European Regional ITS Conference, Brussels 2014 101389, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- B. Atrostic, 2008. "Measuring U.S. innovative activity: business data at the U.S. Census Bureau," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 153-171, April.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Euripidis N. Loukis, 2014. "Investigating the effects of ICT on innovation and performance of European hospitals," KOF Working papers 14-366, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Wojciech Szewczyk & Anna Sabadash, 2013. "Macroeconomic Modelling of Public Expenditures on Research and Development in Information and Communication Technologies," JRC Working Papers JRC82943, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Fiammetta Rossetti, 2017. "The Business Demography of the ICT Sector in Europe," JRC Working Papers JRC106589, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Hans-Günther Vieweg & Thomas Fuchs & Reinhard Hild & Andreas Kuhlmann & Stefan Lachenmaier & Michael Reinhard & Uwe Christian Täger & Sebastian de Ramon & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2005. "Stand und Perspektiven der "New Economy" in ausgewählten Mitgliedstaaten der EU aus deutscher Sicht," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 19.
More about this item
KeywordsProductivity; Information and Communication Technologies; Innovation; Services; Panel Data;
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:1607. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .