Two hearts in three-quarter time: How to waltz the social media/viral marketing dance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chrysanthos Dellarocas, 2006. "Strategic Manipulation of Internet Opinion Forums: Implications for Consumers and Firms," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1577-1593.
- Phelps, Joseph E. & Lewis, Regina & Mobilio, Lynne & Perry, David & Raman, Niranjan, 2004. "Viral Marketing or Electronic Word-of-Mouth Advertising: Examining Consumer Responses and Motivations to Pass Along Email," Journal of Advertising Research, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(04), pages 333-348, December.
- David Godes & Dina Mayzlin, 2004. "Using Online Conversations to Study Word-of-Mouth Communication," Marketing Science, INFORMS, pages 545-560.
- Dellarocas, Chrysanthos, 2003. "The Digitization of Word-of-mouth: Promise and Challenges of Online Feedback Mechanisms," Working papers 4296-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Chrysanthos Dellarocas, 2003. "The Digitization of Word of Mouth: Promise and Challenges of Online Feedback Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1407-1424.
- Dobele, Angela & Lindgreen, Adam & Beverland, Michael & Vanhamme, Joelle & van Wijk, Robert, 2007. "Why pass on viral messages? Because they connect emotionally," Business Horizons, Elsevier, pages 291-304.
- Kaplan, Andreas M. & Haenlein, Michael, 2010. "Users of the world, unite! The challenges and opportunities of Social Media," Business Horizons, Elsevier, pages 59-68.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:zag:market:v:29:y:2017:i:7:p:39-57 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mira Rakic, Beba Rakic, 2015. "Viral Marketing," Ekonomika, Journal for Economic Theory and Practice and Social Issues 2014-04, „Ekonomika“ Society of Economists, Niš (Serbia).
- Mohammad Taleghani, 2015. "Factors affecting the electronic exchange of data through viral marketing (Case Study: E-Commerce Users in Rasht City-Northern of Iran)," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 2504126, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Kaplan, Andreas M., 2012. "If you love something, let it go mobile: Mobile marketing and mobile social media 4x4," Business Horizons, Elsevier, pages 129-139.
- Esmaeilpour Majid & Aram Farshad, 2016. "Investigating the impact of viral message appeal and message credibility on consumer attitude toward the brand," Management & Marketing, De Gruyter Open, pages 470-483.
- Scholz, Joachim & Smith, Andrew N., 2016. "Augmented reality: Designing immersive experiences that maximize consumer engagement," Business Horizons, Elsevier, pages 149-161.
- Kaplan, Andreas M. & Haenlein, Michael, 2016. "Higher education and the digital revolution: About MOOCs, SPOCs, social media, and the Cookie Monster," Business Horizons, Elsevier, pages 441-450.
- Sadaf Bashir & Uwe Matzat & Bert Sadowski, 2014.
"The Adoption of Information and Communication Technologies in the Design Sector and their impact on Firm Performance: Evidence from the Dutch Design Sector,"
14-01, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised Feb 2014.
- Bashir, Sadaf & Matzat, U. & Sadowski, B. M., 2014. "The adoption of information and communication technologies in the design sector and their impact on firm performance: Evidence from the Dutch design sector," 25th European Regional ITS Conference, Brussels 2014 101389, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Mangold, W. Glynn & Smith, Katherine Taken, 2012. "Selling to Millennials with online reviews," Business Horizons, Elsevier, pages 141-153.
- Wu, Chih-Wen, 2016. "The performance impact of social media in the chain store industry," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, pages 5310-5316.
- repec:mgt:youmgt:v:15:y:2017:i:4:p:341-363 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kiljae Lee & Won-Yong Oh & Namhyeok Kim, 2013. "Social Media for Socially Responsible Firms: Analysis of Fortune 500’s Twitter Profiles and their CSR/CSIR Ratings," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 791-806.
- Majid Esmaeilpour & Farshad Aram, 2016. "Investigating the impact of viral message appeal and message credibility on consumer attitude toward brand," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 9(3), pages 24-33, December.
More about this item
KeywordsWeb 2.0 User-generated content Social media Viral marketing Word-of-mouth;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:bushor:v:54:y:2011:i:3:p:253-263. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/bushor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.