Do creative industries cluster? Mapping Creative Local Production Systems in Italy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Maskell & Mark Lorenzen, 2003. "The Cluster as Market Organization," DRUID Working Papers 03-14, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Høgni Kalsø, Hansen & Vang, Jan & Asheim, Bjørn, 2005. "The Creative Class and Regional Growth: Towards a Knowledge Based Approach," Papers in Innovation Studies 2005/15, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Koschatzky, Knut & Lo, Vivien, 2007. "Methodological framework for cluster analyses," Working Papers "Firms and Region" R1/2007, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- David Mcgranahan & Timothy Wojan, 2007. "Recasting the Creative Class to Examine Growth Processes in Rural and Urban Counties," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 197-216.
- Joan Trullén & Josep Lladós & Rafael Boix, 2002. "Economía del conocimiento, ciudad y competitividad," Working Papers wp0207, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- María García & Yolanda Fernández & José Zofío, 2003. "The Economic Dimension of the Culture and Leisure Industry in Spain: National, Sectoral and Regional Analysis," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 27(1), pages 9-30, February.
- Allen Scott, 2006. "Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Industrial Development: Geography and the Creative Field Revisited," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Joan Trullén & Rafael Boix, 2007. "Knowledge Externalities and Networks of Cities in the Creative Metropolis," Chapters,in: Creative Cities, Cultural Clusters and Local Economic Development, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dan O'Donoghue & Bill Gleave, 2004. "A Note on Methods for Measuring Industrial Agglomeration," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 419-427.
- Timothy R. Wojan & Dayton M. Lambert & David A. McGranahan, 2007. "Emoting with their feet: Bohemian attraction to creative milieu -super-†," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(6), pages 711-736, November.
- Luciana Lazzeretti, 2003. "City of art as a High Culture local system and cultural districtualization processes: the cluster of art restoration in Florence," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 635-648, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tanja Sinozic & Franz TÃ¶dtling, 2015.
"Adaptation and Change in Creative Clusters: Findings from Vienna's New Media Sector,"
European Planning Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(10), pages 1975-1992, October.
- Sinozic, Tanja & Tödtling, Franz, 2014. "Adaptation and change in creative clusters: Findings from Vienna's New Media sector," SRE-Discussion Papers 4091, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Tanja Sinozic & Franz Tödtling, 2014. "Adaptation and change in creative clusters: Findings from Vienna's New Media sector," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2014_01, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Gabriel, Luciano Ferreira & Cerqueira, Antonio Claudio de Gama, 2015. "Industrial location and sectoral linkages: the case of the Brazilian automotive industry," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Coll Martínez, Eva & Moreno Monroy, Ana Isabel & Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria, 2016. "Agglomeration of Creative Industries: an Intra-metropolitan Analysis for Barcelona," Working Papers 2072/266575, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Silvia Rita Sedita & Ivan De Noni & Luciano Pilotti, 2014.
"How do related variety and differentiated knowledge bases influence the resilience of local production systems?,"
"Marco Fanno" Working Papers
0180, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Sedita , Silvia Rita & de Noni , Ivan & Pilotti , Luciano, 2015. "How do related variety and differentiated knowledge bases influence the resilience of local production systems?," Papers in Innovation Studies 2015/4, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Sara Cruz & Aurora Teixeira, 2015.
"The neglected heterogeneity of spatial agglomeration and co-location patterns of creative employment: evidence from Portugal,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(1), pages 143-177, January.
- Sara Santos Cruz & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2013. "The neglected heterogeneity of spatial agglomeration and co-location patterns of creative employment: evidence from Portugal," FEP Working Papers 508, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Joan Trullén, 2015. "Inclusive growth: the great metropolitan strategic challenge," IERMB Working Paper in economics 1501, Institut d'Estudis Regionals i Metropolitans de Barcelona.
- Fikri Zul Fahmi, 2016. "Business networks, social capital and the productivity of creative industries in Indonesia," ERSA conference papers ersa16p351, European Regional Science Association.
- Pier Luigi Sacco & Guidi Ferilli & Blessi Giorgio Tavano, 2012. "Sviluppo locale a base culturale: quando funziona e perché? Alla ricerca di un framework di riferimento," PRISMA Economia - Società - Lavoro, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2012(1), pages 9-27.
- Kristina Vaarst Andersen & Høgni Kalsø Hansen & Arne Isaksen & Mika Raunio, 2010. "Nordic City Regions in the Creative Class Debate—Putting the Creative Class Thesis to a Test," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 215-240.
- Rafael Boix & José Luis Hervás-Oliver & Blanca De Miguel-Molina, 2015. "Micro-geographies of creative industries clusters in Europe: From hot spots to assemblages," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(4), pages 753-772, November.
- repec:prg:jnlpol:v:2017:y:2017:i:2:id:1137:p:217-233 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:presci:v:96:y:2017:i:2:p:261-279 is not listed on IDEAS
- Coll Martínez, Eva, 2018. "Creativity and entrepreneurship: Empirical evidence for Catalonia," Working Papers 2072/306521, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Karima Kourtit & Yuyuan Wen & Peter Nijkamp & Wentao Yu & Jin Hong & Yunhao Zhu & Dora Marinova & Xiumei Guo, 2014. "Creative industry clusters, regional innovation and economic growth in China," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 329-347, November.
More about this item
Keywordscreative industries; creative local systems; agglomeration economies;
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2008-04-15 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2008-04-15 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2008-04-15 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uab:wprdea:wpdea0805. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Miquel Colobran). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauabes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.