Why do creative industries cluster? An analysis of the determinants of clustering of creative industries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Maskell & Mark Lorenzen, 2003. "The Cluster as Market Organization," DRUID Working Papers 03-14, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Walter Santagata, 2002. "Cultural districts, property rights, and sustainable economic growth," Others 0210004, EconWPA.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser, 2002.
"Geographic Concentration As A Dynamic Process,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 193-204, May.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward Glaeser, 1997. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," NBER Working Papers 6270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L Glaeser, 1998. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," Working Papers 98-3, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Lisa De Propris, 2005. "Mapping local production systems in the UK: Methodology and application," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 197-211.
- Allen J. Scott, 1997. "The Cultural Economy of Cities," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 323-339, June.
- Walter Santagata, 2002. "Cultural Districts, Property Rights and Sustainable Economic Growth," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 9-23, March.
- Luciana Lazzeretti & Rafael Boix & Francesco Capone, 2008. "Do Creative Industries Cluster? Mapping Creative Local Production Systems in Italy and Spain," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 549-567.
- Santagata Walter, 2002. "Cultural districts, property rights and sustainable economic growth," EBLA Working Papers 200201, University of Turin.
- Bjørn Asheim & Ron Boschma & Philip Cooke, 2011.
"Constructing Regional Advantage: Platform Policies Based on Related Variety and Differentiated Knowledge Bases,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(7), pages 893-904.
- Bjørn Asheim & Ron A. Boschma & Philip Cooke, 2007. "Constructing regional advantage: Platform policies based on related variety and differentiated knowledge bases," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0709, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Nov 2007.
- Koen Frenken & Frank Van Oort & Thijs Verburg, 2007. "Related Variety, Unrelated Variety and Regional Economic Growth," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 685-697.
- Joan Trullén & Rafael Boix, 2007. "Knowledge Externalities and Networks of Cities in the Creative Metropolis," Chapters,in: Creative Cities, Cultural Clusters and Local Economic Development, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jan G. Lambooy & Ron A. Boschma, 2001. "Evolutionary economics and regional policy," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 35(1), pages 113-131.
- Rauch James E., 1993.
"Productivity Gains from Geographic Concentration of Human Capital: Evidence from the Cities,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 380-400, November.
- James E. Rauch, 1991. "Productivity Gains From Geographic Concentration of human Capital: Evidence From the Cities," NBER Working Papers 3905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael Boix & Vittorio Galleto, 2005. "Sistemas Locales de Trabajo y Distritos Industriales Marshallianos en España," Working Papers wpdea0514, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Ron Boschma & Simona Iammarino, 2007. "Related variety and regional growth in Italy," SPRU Working Paper Series 162, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Pier Saviotti & Koen Frenken, 2008. "Export variety and the economic performance of countries," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 201-218, April.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Catarina Selada & Ines Vilhena da Cunha & Elisabete Tomaz, 2011. "Creative Clusters in Low Density Areas: A Case-Study Approach," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1366, European Regional Science Association.
- Rafael Boix Domenech & Luciana Lazzeretti & JosÃ© Luis HervÃ s Oliver & Blanca De Miguel Molina & Borja Trujillo Ruiz, 2011. "Creative clusters in Europe: a microdata approach," ERSA conference papers ersa11p471, European Regional Science Association.
- Rafael Boix & Blanca De-Miguel-Molina & Jose-Luis Hervas-Oliver, 2013. "Creative service business and regional performance: evidence for the European regions," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 7(3), pages 381-398, September.
- Ivan Boal-San Miguel & Luis Cesar Herrero-Prieto, 2016. "Where Are the Artists? Analyzing Economies of Agglomeration in Spain," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-11-2016, Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Oct 2016.
- Środa-Murawska Stefania & Szymańska Daniela, 2013. "The concentration of the creative sector firms as a potential basis for the formation of creative clusters in Poland," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, De Gruyter Open, vol. 20(20), pages 85-93, June.
- Ari-Veikko Anttiroiko, 2014. "Creative city policy in the context of urban asymmetry," Local Economy, London South Bank University, vol. 29(8), pages 854-867, December.
More about this item
Keywordscreative industries; creative local production systems; creative clusters; agglomeration economies;
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2009-07-11 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2009-07-11 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2009-07-11 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esg:wpierm:0902. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaume Clapés). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iesrmes.html .