Why do creative industries cluster? An analysis of the determinants of clustering of creative industries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Maskell & Mark Lorenzen, 2003. "The Cluster as Market Organization," DRUID Working Papers 03-14, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Koen Frenken & Frank Van Oort & Thijs Verburg, 2007. "Related Variety, Unrelated Variety and Regional Economic Growth," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 685-697.
- Walter Santagata, 2002. "Cultural districts, property rights, and sustainable economic growth," Others 0210004, EconWPA.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser, 2002.
"Geographic Concentration As A Dynamic Process,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 193-204, May.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward Glaeser, 1997. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," NBER Working Papers 6270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L Glaeser, 1998. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," Working Papers 98-3, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Lisa De Propris, 2005. "Mapping local production systems in the UK: Methodology and application," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 197-211.
- Joan Trullén & Rafael Boix, 2007. "Knowledge Externalities and Networks of Cities in the Creative Metropolis," Chapters,in: Creative Cities, Cultural Clusters and Local Economic Development, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jan G. Lambooy & Ron A. Boschma, 2001. "Evolutionary economics and regional policy," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 35(1), pages 113-131.
- Rauch James E., 1993.
"Productivity Gains from Geographic Concentration of Human Capital: Evidence from the Cities,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 380-400, November.
- James E. Rauch, 1991. "Productivity Gains From Geographic Concentration of human Capital: Evidence From the Cities," NBER Working Papers 3905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bjørn Asheim & Ron Boschma & Philip Cooke, 2011.
"Constructing Regional Advantage: Platform Policies Based on Related Variety and Differentiated Knowledge Bases,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(7), pages 893-904.
- Bjørn Asheim & Ron A. Boschma & Philip Cooke, 2007. "Constructing regional advantage: Platform policies based on related variety and differentiated knowledge bases," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0709, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Nov 2007.
- Allen J. Scott, 1997. "The Cultural Economy of Cities," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 323-339, June.
- Walter Santagata, 2002. "Cultural Districts, Property Rights and Sustainable Economic Growth," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 9-23, March.
- Rafael Boix & Vittorio Galleto, 2005. "Sistemas Locales de Trabajo y Distritos Industriales Marshallianos en España," Working Papers wpdea0514, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Luciana Lazzeretti & Rafael Boix & Francesco Capone, 2008. "Do Creative Industries Cluster? Mapping Creative Local Production Systems in Italy and Spain," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 549-567.
- Santagata Walter, 2002. "Cultural districts, property rights and sustainable economic growth," EBLA Working Papers 200201, University of Turin.
- Ron Boschma & Simona Iammarino, 2007. "Related variety and regional growth in Italy," SPRU Working Paper Series 162, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Pier Saviotti & Koen Frenken, 2008. "Export variety and the economic performance of countries," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 201-218, April.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Catarina Selada & Ines Vilhena da Cunha & Elisabete Tomaz, 2011. "Creative Clusters in Low Density Areas: A Case-Study Approach," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1366, European Regional Science Association.
- Rafael Boix & Blanca De-Miguel-Molina & Jose-Luis Hervas-Oliver, 2013. "Creative service business and regional performance: evidence for the European regions," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 7(3), pages 381-398, September.
- Ivan Boal-San Miguel & Luis Cesar Herrero-Prieto, 2016. "Where Are the Artists? Analyzing Economies of Agglomeration in Spain," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-11-2016, Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Oct 2016.
- Rafael Boix Domenech & Luciana Lazzeretti & JosÃ© Luis HervÃ s Oliver & Blanca De Miguel Molina & Borja Trujillo Ruiz, 2011. "Creative clusters in Europe: a microdata approach," ERSA conference papers ersa11p471, European Regional Science Association.
- Środa-Murawska Stefania & Szymańska Daniela, 2013. "The concentration of the creative sector firms as a potential basis for the formation of creative clusters in Poland," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, De Gruyter Open, vol. 20(20), pages 85-93, June.
- Ari-Veikko Anttiroiko, 2014. "Creative city policy in the context of urban asymmetry," Local Economy, London South Bank University, vol. 29(8), pages 854-867, December.
- Karima Kourtit & Yuyuan Wen & Peter Nijkamp & Wentao Yu & Jin Hong & Yunhao Zhu & Dora Marinova & Xiumei Guo, 2014. "Creative industry clusters, regional innovation and economic growth in China," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 329-347, November.
More about this item
Keywordscreative industries; creative local production systems; creative clusters; agglomeration economies;
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2009-07-11 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2009-07-11 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2009-07-11 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esg:wpierm:0902. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaume Clapés). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iesrmes.html .