Creative workers and regional development. Towards a classification of spatial effects
Using data from the Labour Force Surveys in the 2001-2008 period, this paper analyses the evolution in the distribution of Ã¢â‚¬Å“creative professionsÃ¢â‚¬Â as a share of regional workforces (at NUTS2 level), and correlates it with the evolution of p.c. GDP, in different time periods, to test the hypothesis of causal relationship between the two variables, in either direction. It then proposes a regional classification based on the spatial clustering of these effects, which highlights the existence of Ã¢â‚¬Å“national effectsÃ¢â‚¬Â and the relevance of geographical specificities.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria|
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Santagata Walter, 2002. "Cultural districts, property rights and sustainable economic growth," EBLA Working Papers 200201, University of Turin.
- Scott Allen, 2010. "Cultural economy of landscape : development pathways in the english lake district," EBLA Working Papers 201015, University of Turin.
- James Simmie, 2005. "Critical surveys edited by Stephen Roper innovation and space: A critical review of the literature," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(6), pages 789-804.
- Walter Santagata, 2002. "Cultural districts, property rights, and sustainable economic growth," Others 0210004, EconWPA.
- Walter Santagata, 2002. "Cultural Districts, Property Rights and Sustainable Economic Growth," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 9-23, 03.
- Allen J. Scott, 1997. "The Cultural Economy of Cities," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 323-339, 06.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa11p65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.