Is it worth being inscribed in the world heritage list? A case study of “The Baroque cities in Val di Noto” (Sicily)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Walter Santagata, 2002. "Cultural districts, property rights, and sustainable economic growth," Others 0210004, EconWPA.
- John M. Piotrowski & Rabah Arezki & Reda Cherif, 2009.
"Tourism Specialization and Economic Development; Evidence from the UNESCO World Heritage List,"
IMF Working Papers
09/176, International Monetary Fund.
- Arezki, Rabah & Cherif, Reda & Piotrowski, John, 2009. "Tourism Specialization and Economic Development: Evidence from the UNESCO World Heritage List," MPRA Paper 17132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:touman:v:32:y:2011:i:3:p:589-595 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:32:y:2011:i:2:p:452-454 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eleonora Lorenzini, 2010. "The Extra-urban Cultural District: An Emerging Local Production System: Three Italian Case Studies," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(8), pages 1441-1457, July.
- Antoine Le Blanc, 2010. "Cultural Districts, A New Strategy for Regional Development? The South-East Cultural District in Sicily," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(7), pages 905-917.
- Walter Santagata, 2002. "Cultural Districts, Property Rights and Sustainable Economic Growth," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 9-23, March.
- Roberto Cellini & Tiziana Cuccia, 2007. "Catania. The Analysis of Tourism in a City Destination," Economia dei Servizi, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 147-166.
- Tiziana Cuccia & Walter Santagata, 2004. "Collective Property Rights for Economic Development: The Case of the Ceramics Cultural District in Caltagirone, Sicily," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to the Economics of Property Rights, chapter 21 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bertacchini Enrico & Saccone Donatella, 2010. "Searching for the determinants of world heritage listing: an econometric analysis," EBLA Working Papers 201026, University of Turin.
- David A. McGranahan & Timothy R. Wojan & Dayton M. Lambert, 2011. "The rural growth trifecta: outdoor amenities, creative class and entrepreneurial context -super-§," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 529-557, May.
- Javier Capó Parrilla & Antoni Riera Font & Jaume Rosselló Nadal, 2006. "The Accommodation Determinants of Seasonal Patterns," CRE Working Papers (Documents de treball del CRE) 2006/01, Centre de Recerca Econòmica (UIB ·"Sa Nostra"), revised Feb 2006.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cuccia, Tiziana & Guccio, Calogero & Rizzo, Ilde, 2016. "The effects of UNESCO World Heritage List inscription on tourism destinations performance in Italian regions," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 494-508.
- Tiziana Cuccia & Calogero Guccio & Ilde Rizzo, 2013. "Does Unesco inscription affect the performance of tourism destinations? A regional perspective," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-04-2013, Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Oct 2013.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ite:iteeco:122012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Ceccarelli). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/siedsea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.