World Heritage: Where Are We? An Empirical Analysis
A statistical analysis of the UNESCO World Heritage List is presented. The World Heritage Convention intends to protect global heritage of outstanding value to mankind, but there has been great concern about the missing representativity of the member countries. There is a strongly biased distribution of Sites according to a countryâ€™s population, area or per capita income. The paper reveals the facts but refrains from judging whether the existing distribution is appropriate or not. This task must be left to the discussion in the World Heritage Convention.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Gellerstrasse 24, 4052 Basel|
Web page: http://www.crema-research.ch
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Victor Ginsburgh, 2001. "Economics of arts and culture," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1869, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Russett, Bruce M. & Sullivan, John D., 1971. "Collective Goods and International Organization," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(04), pages 845-865, September.
- Victor Ginsburgh & David Throsby, 2006.
"Handbook of the Eonomics of Art and Culture,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/152412, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Victor Ginsburgh & David Throsby, 2006. "Handbook of the economics of art and culture," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1673, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Stein, Arthur A., 1984. "The hegemon's dilemma: Great Britain, the United States, and the international economic order," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(02), pages 355-386, March.
- Tisdell, Clem & Wilson, Clevo, 2002. "World Heritage Listing of Australian Natural Sites: Tourism Stimulus and Its Economic Value," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 27-49, June Spec.
- Tisdell, Clement A. & Wilson, Clevo, 2001. "World Heritage Listing of Australian Natural Sites: Tourism Stimulus and its Economic Value," Economics, Ecology and Environment Working Papers 48382, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- V.A. Ginsburgh & D. Throsby (ed.), 2006. "Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture," Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 1, number 1, December.
- Xavier Greffe, 1999. "La gestion du patrimoine culturel," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00272092, HAL. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)