A service-based systems view of cultural heritage
The paper draws attention to an anthropological, rather than idealistic, concept of culture to overcome a traditional 'Goods-Dominant' logic, which is especially persistent in Italy and limits the use of cultural heritage, and to broaden the range of value and enhance the merit quality that can be found within the current international vision of cultural heritage as service. To this aims, it proposes a conceptual framework that, through the lens of the Viable Systems Approach, integrates the Service-Dominant logic, the Many-to-many and the Service Science proposals for addressing the change in perspective from a reductionist, goods-based to a servicebased systems management approach. On the basis of this integrated perspective, synthesis schemes are devised to represent the evolutionary pathway that has led to a service logic and a cultural heritage territorial system governance model, which can be adopted to pursue the enhancement of Italian cultural heritage and the valorization of its peculiarities.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Victor Ginsburgh & David Throsby, 2006.
"Handbook of the Eonomics of Art and Culture,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/152412, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Gaetano M. Golinelli & Sergio Barile & Marialuisa Saviano & Francesco Polese, 2012. "Perspective Shifts in Marketing: Toward a Paradigm Change?," Service Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(2), pages 121-134, June.
- Towse,Ruth, 2010. "A Textbook of Cultural Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521717021, October.
- Towse,Ruth, 2010. "A Textbook of Cultural Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521888721, October.
- Xavier Greffe, 1999. "La gestion du patrimoine culturel," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00272092, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:fubjbm:66006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.