Nordic City Regions in the Creative Class Debate—Putting the Creative Class Thesis to a Test
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pontus Braunerhjelm, 2008.
"Specialization of Regions and Universities: The New Versus the Old,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 253-275.
- Braunerhjelm, Pontus, 2007. "Specialization of Regions and Universities - the new versus the old," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 101, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- David Mcgranahan & Timothy Wojan, 2007. "Recasting the Creative Class to Examine Growth Processes in Rural and Urban Counties," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 197-216.
- Richard Florida & Charlotta Mellander & Kevin Stolarick, 2008.
"Inside the black box of regional development: human capital, the creative class and tolerance,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 8(5), pages 615-649, September.
- Florida, Richard & Mellander, Charlotta & Stolarick, Kevin, 2007. "Inside the Black Box of Regional Development - human capital, the creative class and tolerance," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 88, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Luciana Lazzeretti & Rafael Boix & Francesco Capone, 2008. "Do Creative Industries Cluster? Mapping Creative Local Production Systems in Italy and Spain," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 549-567.
- Luciana Lazzeretti & Rafael Boix & Francesco Capone, 2008. "Do creative industries cluster? Mapping Creative Local Production Systems in Italy," Working Papers wpdea0805, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Ann Markusen, 2006. "Urban development and the politics of a creative class: evidence from a study of artists," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 38(10), pages 1921-1940, October.
- Høgni Kalsø Hansen & Thomas Niedomysl, 2009. "Migration of the creative class: evidence from Sweden," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 191-206, March.
- Beckstead, Desmond & Brown, W. Mark & Gellatly, Guy, 2008. "Cities and Growth: The Left Brain of North American Cities: Scientists and Engineers and Urban Growth," The Canadian Economy in Transition 2008017e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S., 1999. "Which comes first, jobs or people? An analysis of the recent stylized facts," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 117-123, July.
- Jamie Peck, 2005. "Struggling with the Creative Class," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 740-770, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet & Nijkamp, Peter, 2018. "Creative Capital, Information and Communication Technologies, and Economic Growth in Smart Cities," MPRA Paper 83952, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emanuela Marrocu & Raffaele Paci, 2011. "Education or just Creativity: what matters most for economic performance?," ERSA conference papers ersa11p199, European Regional Science Association.
- Sara Cruz & Aurora Teixeira, 2015.
"The neglected heterogeneity of spatial agglomeration and co-location patterns of creative employment: evidence from Portugal,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(1), pages 143-177, January.
- Sara Santos Cruz & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2013. "The neglected heterogeneity of spatial agglomeration and co-location patterns of creative employment: evidence from Portugal," FEP Working Papers 508, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Eckhardt Bode & Lucia Perez Villar, 2017.
"Creativity, education or what? On the measurement of regional human capital,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96, pages 51-67, March.
- Bode, Eckhardt & Perez Villar, Lucia, 2014. "Creativity, education or what? On the measurement of regional human capital," Kiel Working Papers 1958, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ari-Veikko Anttiroiko & Markus Laine & Henrik LÃ¶nnqvist, 2016. "Metropolitan strategies for global innovation networking: the case of Helsinki," International Journal of Innovation and Regional Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(1), pages 20-35.
- Emanuela Marrocu & Raffaele Paci, 2013.
"Regional Development and Creativity,"
International Regional Science Review,
, vol. 36(3), pages 354-391, July.
- Emanuela Marrocu & Raffaele Paci, 2012. "Regional development and creativity," ERSA conference papers ersa12p375, European Regional Science Association.
- E. Marrocu & R. Paci, 2012. "Regional development and creativity," Working Paper CRENoS 201202, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet & Beladi, Hamid, 2014. "The equilibrium allocation of creative capital to R&D in a dynamic creative region," MPRA Paper 72325, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francisco De Lima Cavalcanti & Raul Da Mota Silveira Neto, 2016. "Creative Class, Human Capital And Urban Dynamism: Empirical Evidence For The Brazilian Cities," Anais do XLII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 42ndd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 160, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- repec:bla:rgscpp:v:8:y:2016:i:4:p:167-175 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ilari Karppi, 2012. "Towards associative meaningfulness: Maintaining social capital in community development," ERSA conference papers ersa12p479, European Regional Science Association.
- Karppi Ilari, 2012. "Open Innovations and Living Labs: Promises or Challenges to Regional Renewal," European Spatial Research and Policy, De Gruyter Open, vol. 19(2), pages 65-86, December.
- Karima Kourtit & Yuyuan Wen & Peter Nijkamp & Wentao Yu & Jin Hong & Yunhao Zhu & Dora Marinova & Xiumei Guo, 2014. "Creative industry clusters, regional innovation and economic growth in China," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 329-347, November.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional growth; creative class; Nordic countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:indinn:v:17:y:2010:i:2:p:215-240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CIAI20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.